1 Week Anniversary Anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Week Anniversary Anyone? 1 Week Anniversary Anyone?

Unread 01-12-2005, 06:03 PM
1 Week Anniversary Anyone?

This is my first post on the other side as a newly crowned princess and I feel AWESOME.
Exactly 1 week ago today I was laying in bed waiting for the nausea to go away.
Today I am feeling great. A little sore, but doesn't that come with the territory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 06:11 PM

WELCOME HOME, PRINCESS!!!
Glad to hear you are feeling well.....now just take it EASY! Follow the advice...............REST/DRINK YOUR WATER/ WALK A LITTLE/etc.
Yep, pain goes with the territory. Your body will let you know what you need!
Blessings to you!
AMF

TAH/kept ovaries - 7/19/04- adenomyosis,fibroid, heavy bleeding
FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!
Unread 01-13-2005, 12:06 PM

I'm right here with you, Taxi. I'm so glad to get this all over with. The run up to the surgery was far worse. Amazing stuff, isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 01:27 PM
1 week anniversary

Hello to all my new sisters! I am one week post op today and feeling pretty good. Had a TAH and was relieved the pain hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Lots of soreness, pain with the incision, slow moving, but otherwise, not too bad. Had a migraine yesterday (also had them pre hyster) but hoping they will not be more of an occurence now. Also had first hot flashes 2 days ago. After 31 years of pain, this is ok.
Unread 01-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Hi Taxi I'm actually 10 days post op now and feeling not too bad actually pretty good. I'm finding that I'm not travelling too far from my bed though just up and about for a short walk now and then and of course the bathroom trips.
Is anyone else finding that they are still not going too far from the bed. Our living room is downstairs so I'm not sitting on our couch which I think I might enjoy but I'm too afraid to try the stairs which I don't think that I'm supposed to do anyways.
That's great that we all have done so well though. Keep up the good work healing.

Kathy
{adenomyosis, heavy bleeding and constant pain. Uterus was twice it's size and 11cm long} Glad to get rid of it!!!
Unread 01-13-2005, 03:43 PM

Hi Taxi! I am 10 days post-op. Days 6 & 7 were great - I thought I had kicked it....Unfortunately, I have gone downhill from there..... I am extremely tired, sore, and grumpy...... Don't let the good feeling fool you - you will end up doing too much and end up worse off....take it easy.

You are right - the worst is over!! We have come a long way and better days are coming!! Welcome home!!
Unread 01-13-2005, 04:46 PM

today is my one week anniversary too . I also can't believe I was lying in that hosp bed a week ago after surgery feeling terrible. Had my TAH on 1-6-05. I am surprised at how well I am feeling and not sleeping nearly as much as I thought I would be. My biggest problem has been the belly swelling and constipation but I am starting to get some relief from that.......3 glasses of prune juice per day is finally helping. No complications at all. Getting my appetite back too. I just need to remember not to overdue it when I feel well and to enjoy the time to lay back and relax w/o work and household duties. I'm hoping things will continue the same for the next 5 weeks. Hope your recovery continues well too. Best wishes and Take care !!
Unread 01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
9 days out...

I'm 9 days out and feeling pretty good, too. I also have not ventured up or down the stairs. I have this fear of going downstairs and getting stuck -- not feeling like coming back up -- and then my DH finds me there when he gets home . My parents were here taking care of things, but left today...so we'll see how it goes. Anyone else not sure they can make it the whole 6 weeks off work? I'm thinking of going back at 3-4 if the MD says okay...will I be sorry???
Unread 01-13-2005, 05:41 PM
6 days

post-op for me, and I am feeling a little better today than yesterday. Except I can feel where the after pain has settled into my lower pelvic region up to about a couple inches below my belly button. I had a vaginal hysterectomy with posterior and anterior repairs with a tvt sling. I think the pain near my groin is from the sling insertion. I am still quite purple down there on both legs. But I think it looks uglier than it feels!

I did feel pretty good after my morning nap...so I got up to move around and starting to straighten the house up a bit...hubby finally left the house, under my urging...he has hardly left me since surgery...and I paid for it...and paid for it some more...I darn near passed out from being so tired...I did take a long nap.

I haven't had any BM or bladder problems since day 4....keep those fingers crossed!

Speedy and great recoveries to all you princesses out there!
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:45 PM

I'm venturing further and further from the bed...probably not a good idea. I'm nine days out from surgery, and feeling pretty good. I thought I could stay upstairs, and had arranged a recovery room, but to tell a secret, I venture downstairs once I'm alone. I force myself to go slowly, putting both feet on each step before taking the next. It's a real problem that I don't feel bad because I am at great risk of overdoing things. My doc threatened to put me back in surgery to stitch a rock to my tail (her words).

The only pain I'm having now is in my bladder when I have to pee and when I'm peeing. I'm drinking a glass of cranberry juice a day and eating yogurt. Don't know if it will help, but it can't hurt.

Good luck to all of you in your recovery! This is truly a new experience for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register