crampy pulling pain in left side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

crampy pulling pain in left side crampy pulling pain in left side

Unread 01-12-2005, 06:20 PM
crampy pulling pain in left side

Hi all,

I had my surgery about 9 weeks ago but this morning I woke up with what feels like a pulling, crampy pain under the left side of my incision. (bikini type) I had some little sharp pains there last night that didn't last long. Could this be adhesions forming or could it be nerves reattaching? I'm hoping it's the latter because I did have some adhesions in there before surgery that had pulled my bowel over to the right. It's still numb where the feeling is...still feels like a pad of gauze there more some days than other days. This feeling is driving me nuts though. It's the kind of feeling that makes you want to climb the walls!

Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 06:33 PM

hi pat--

i hope it's the latter, too, but call your dr. right away. i started having that same feeling on my right side at about week 5--i kept ignoring it thinking it was "normal healing pains." it finally got real bad and when i went to the dr--even though i told him that i had been ignoring it while it was dull pain, but that now i am doubled over--i think he thought if i was able to ignore it that long--i should just learn to live with it and so now he's not really treating it. he said "it MIGHT be adhesions." so don't make the mistake i did...go to the dr. --or at least call him--right away.

mindi
Unread 01-12-2005, 07:27 PM

I am also 9 weeks post-op and am having the pains as well. Mine are more in the middle but have been on the left and right sides too. I am also having trouble with my bowels. Haven't called the doctor yet because I have talked to my sister-in-law and she said she was having bowel probs for quite a while post-op. I have doubled over with these sharp pains as well and yesterday I took the last of my pain pills that I had left. This cramping has has gone on for a little over a week. Probably should call the DR tomorrow if I don't have to sub.

Hope you get better PatK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 08:07 PM

Hi,

Ok, what if it is adhesions? I asked my doctor " when the surgery pain lifts and the next set of pain feels different would that be adhesions"...answer "could be". I asked her," what does one do with adhesion pain, baby it or work it out." Her answer was to" go with it, stretch it and do not curl up to protect it."

The hard part is knowing what the pain is, surgery or adhesion. If you're 9 weeks, your healing should be done, right? Just to make sure it's nothing else...I agree with everyone ...we just have to go back to the doctor.

I have gotten the quick little lightening stuff and a bit of burning. I figured that was nerve. If you do go and find out anything let us know.

Also Pat, if it is adhesion pain... you could stretch through it and one day not feel it again, right??? I mean, that's possible right?

Maralyn
Unread 01-12-2005, 09:25 PM

Good question! Can you move and break up adhesions? I can feel the pulling feeling even up under my ribs in the back. At first it was just to the left of my bladder area, then kind of went over my hip and now up into my side. Too weird. It doesn't feel like a bladder infection or anything, because it's definitely a pulling feeling. I've not done anything (obvious) to have a muscle spasm. I'll call my doctor tomorrow but this seems strange.

Pat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register