Huge Cyst Left Ovary Remove??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Huge Cyst Left Ovary Remove??? Huge Cyst Left Ovary Remove???

Unread 01-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Huge Cyst Left Ovary Remove???

Schedule 01/25/05 for Removal of Cyst (huge- solid mass) from my left ovary. Doc suggested removing ovary along with cyst.
Has anyone had one ovary removed? My biggest fear is how will this will affect the wonderful protection that our ovaries provide our bodies. Doc said"it will probably throw you into early menopause"
I am 45 and almost there anyway, but would like to find out if any other HysterSisters have ONE OVARY.?
How did removal of one ovary affect overall hormone levels?
Any effects now as opposed to after removal

Thank you for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 09:16 PM

I had my hysterectomy 3 years ago - I kept both ovaries at that time. Six months ago I had my right ovary removed because of a solid mass cyst and adhesions. I still have my left ovary which seems to be working fine (I will be 45 years old this year). I have no menopause symptoms or hormone changes. I can usually tell when I ovulate each month because I will get a slight "twinge" on the left side for a day or two. I do still gets some mild PMS symptoms (headache, breast swelling & tenderness, and a bit of moodiness).

When I had the surgery 6 months ago to remove the right ovary and solid mass cyst the ovary had to be removed too. My doctor wrapped my left ovary in some mesh barrier to better protect it from adhesions.

Unread 01-13-2005, 01:35 PM

Hi,
I had my right ovary removed last friday 01-07-05 because of adhesions and a prolapsed fallopian tube.. I still have my left ovary, and haven't noticed a difference at all.
Hope all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Thank You

I wanted to say thank you to each of you for the information.
It is nice to be able to have a place like this to get help from other women who have gone before me.

Thank you Again!!
Unread 01-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Have you had a hysterectomy? Or do you still have your uterus? Before the hysterectomy I functioned quite well with one ovary and than for about a year with only 1/2 of an ovary. No menopausal symptoms at all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register