Another surgery.........a bit scared.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another surgery.........a bit scared.... Another surgery.........a bit scared....

Unread 01-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Another surgery.........a bit scared....

After a very painful couple of weeks I saw my GYNO today and he said the pain is from scar tissue, and "Gee, that stress incontinence is bad eh?!" so, he is going to do a lap. to see what the pain is, a TVT and a cystoscopy. After all I've been through this last 15 months I'd like to feel confident about it all. Any input, anyone. This all happens next Tuesday, 18/1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 07:33 AM

I dont have ant input for you but I wanted to pop in and wish you luck and a healthy and trouble free recovery, oh yea, and lots of hugs
snickers
Unread 01-13-2005, 10:17 AM

Hi Kerry I've moved your post over here to the Bladder Matters forum where ladies with experience in TVT and cystoscopy can see it.

Sorry to hear you're having to have another procedure I hope everything goes well and you're soon feeling much better (and dry, too!).

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 04:20 PM

Thankyou ladies (especially Linda) for your love and support. One minute I'm fine with all this, the next I'm a basket case - only 3 days to go and God willing I will be on the road to recovery again. I do regret having the hyster. BUT who knows what might have happened if I hadn't - cancer? God knows what is best, He just isn't telling me right now. But mostly, I feel calm about this next op. as I think the Dr is right about the adhesions (after all, there isn't much left down there to work on, is there?), and most of what I have read indicates a high success rate with the TVT. I am going to stay in the hospital (2.5 hrs from home) until I can wee comfortably on my own as it's too risky with my GP - I am stuck with him, but at least he knows not to muck around or I will have his "guts for garters." I stayed with him after all the other mess simply because I knew he did not deliberately set out to make me worse and he knows the whole story - I haven't got the patience or fortitude to go through the whole mess with anyone else!!
Thanks for your good wishes girls, will keep you posted. I have to feel positive about this...........for my own sanity! I am the strong one in my family - I have disappointed myself greatly with my tears and negativity about the whole thing - I must get brave again and show my wonderfully surportive family I can do this!
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:27 PM

Hi Kerry

So sorry to hear you're having to have another surgery! You really have been through the mill this last year that's for sure. Let's hope you're nearing the end of this awful journey you've been on.

All the very best sweetie! Be thinking of you.

Unread 01-15-2005, 10:30 PM

Hi Kerry,

It is nice to hear from you again, I just wanted to wish you all the best for a speedy recovery, you deserve it!

Don't be too hard on yourself, don't be disappointed that you react with tears and depression. You don't have to be the strong one all the time, you must take time out for yourself, and the tears are part of that process. You must allow time to recover, you are entitled to a good cry! We all are! We (women) can't be strong for everyone else all the time. We have to take time out for us, particularly after major ops when we have to heal mentally as well as physically.

Take care Kerry, be kind to yourself, and let us know how everything turns out,

Blossom
Unread 01-16-2005, 03:32 AM

Thankyou everyone for your good wishes.........sometimes I am positive, sometimes I cry......oh, well, as blossom says, I need time for myself too. I won't be around for a week or 2, but please keep me in your prayers. I go into hosp. tomorrow at 3 p.m. then surgery the next day. I pray it is "only" adhesions and the bladder TVT - I think I can cope with that. Love,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register