7 weeker's....how's it going? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeker's....how's it going? 7 weeker's....how's it going?

Unread 01-13-2005, 03:04 PM
7 weeker's....how's it going?

Hey sisters.

Seven weeks post op today! Doing really good recovery wise. More energy, doing more around the house, getting out more!

Feels pretty good!

Although, family has noticed I am up and around more and the chores are slowly being diverted back to me....it was a good ride!

Tell all, girls...

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 04:24 PM

Hi,
Had my check up yesterday and had to have a silver nitrate treatment. The doctor said the area that isn't healing is only about the size of a dime, but he needed to take care of it. I am sore today! Must just be from the vaginal exam, but my belly even feels hard and sore.

My energy comes in spurts. Today I'm taking advantage of it and doing extra laundry, like bathroom rugs.

My hormones got switched yesterday to a patch, so I'll see how that goes. I didn't think I was having all that much trouble with the pill I was on, but the doctor wanted to switch me.

This week I am FINALLY starting to get some sleep. Even took naps in the morning twice!

My brain fog continues to plague me, so I hope that goes away soon. It's so annoying for forget things, say the wrong words, and feel like my brain waves are in slo-mo.

I did ask about going back to the gym and the doctor wasn't very clear and left it up to me, though agreed early Feb. would be a good time. I hope I know how to not over-do it!

Sue
Unread 01-13-2005, 05:07 PM

I still have a problem with a skin infection on my wound site (not an infection of the wound, thats cleared up)

I too seem to be doing more and have more energy than I thought I would

Work phoned me today to ask when I thought I would be back as they are going to a building wide electricity test and are worried about the switchboard (my domain) and wanted to know how the could prevent a shutdown (which we can't have as we are part of the ambulance sevice) The fact that it would happen on a sunday and I wouldn't normaly be there.
As its happening in 4 week time I hopefully will be back at work by then (my GP won't sign me off untill the skin infection clears)
My manager did have the decentcy to ask how I was before he told me about the problem

I am 'getting there' but still tire easyly as I found out yesterday (was out and about for 7 hours) almost fell asleep so DH cooked and my belly hurt badly enough to take a painkiller.

So, yes I feel up to doing things, but not work yet. Hopefully soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2005, 02:15 PM

Any more seven weekers?

Would love to hear how you are doing!

Sarah
Unread 01-15-2005, 02:38 PM
7 weeks and now...

...I get sick! I made it 6 to 7 weeks during recovery without getting sick or catching anything and now Ive got it! I think being out more and working again I picked up something? I think It is my sinuses! I feel drained and congested! ugg! I even helped out my ds with his fever/sickness the past two days. He picks up germs at preschool very easily! But other than that I feel so much better than that first day out of the hospital! Gas was my biggest issue! I felt like had to remember those breathing techniques they teach you for childbirth! feeling better soon!

~K.
Unread 01-15-2005, 02:40 PM

I'll be 7 weeks on Monday! It is hard to imagine that it has already been that long. My recovery has been pretty easy going. I was walking on treadmill 1 week postop! No postop bleeding and no swelly belly! Dr had to remove everything, so I am on the Climara patch .1mg weekly. So far I have had no problems. I had some sleep problems the first couple weeks, but I am sleeping like a baby now! I return to work on Tuesday! I have mixed feelings about that, but I guess that is normal. I have enjoyed my time at home, but on the same hand I look forward to earning some better money! It was also nice to be pampered! Good luck to all!
Unread 01-15-2005, 02:52 PM

Hi everyone.....I'm going to join this post although I won't be 7 weeks until Monday.

Things are going well. I have had a quiet recovery (boring, too) which during the time I didn't like, but in hindsight loved.

I still have a small area on my tummy that is sore, but manageable. I can still get around most of the day without having to lay down.

Have not had relations with DH yet. But, tonight will be the big night ......what nice timing....my birthday.

The time has flown.....I am back to work on 1/2 days as of last Monday. Did have a day off in between. The people I work with are wonderful, so no stress there.

My sister will be getting married this
April and I feel as if I will really be able to enjoy myself....knock on wood no complications down the road.

Happy healing to you all!!
Unread 01-15-2005, 02:55 PM

Happy Birthday Christee!

Maybe DH will wrap up his special "Gift" in a bow for you ???

Have fun!

Sarah

:
Unread 01-15-2005, 05:02 PM

Hi fellow 7 weekers,
I guess technically I am closer to 8 weeks now though.

I am doing well.....and finally the weeks seemed to start flying by again rather than time standing still.....the first 5 weeks were such a DRAG....I was bored bored bored, but couldnt read due to brain fog.

I feel like I have my life back now. I went back to work at the 7 week mark exactly...and managed to work a full week, although did leave early a couple of times. Mind you the home went to rack and ruin as I had no energy left afterwards.

My recovery has been smooth sailing physically. Emotionally, well I feel good now, but life doesnt go on hold because I have had a hyster does it? Am handling things better now than I would have in the first few weeks though.

Have done all my own housework this weekend for the first time since my op. Havent pulled out the vac yet though! todays job. And I have to go and do the groceries for the week today...that will be another 'first'.

I have experienced swelly belly and some pain/tenderness this week, but I guess that's to be expected when we get back into the swing of things.

I am truly grateful that I have not experienced any complications. Have my first check up on the 18th, looking forward to it.

Angie.
Unread 01-15-2005, 05:47 PM

I had SAH (kept ovaries) on 11-22 and am doing great! At my 2 week post-op visit the nurse said I was doing so good she at first thought I was there for an ablation checkup and had to check my chart to make sure I had hyst. Drove at 2 weeks. Returned to work at 3 weeks and had no problems. At 4 weeks I was allowed to start swimming again but limited myself to 1/2 mile per day the first week and gradually worked up to a mile. I am able to wear all of my clothes. I was fully released at my 6 week checkup although I told my family I still couldn't sweep, mop or vacuum yet (eh, eh), said I was still healing inside (I am, aren't I). I still have a little swelly belly but it gets better every day and I am numb above my incision but the doctor said that could be a year or so to get back to normal. I feel so normal I can't believe it was only 7 weeks ago.

Cindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register