7 weeker's....how's it going? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeker's....how's it going? 7 weeker's....how's it going?

Unread 01-20-2005, 04:56 AM
7 weeker's....how's it going?

I was 7 weeks on Monday. Now, how am I doing? Overall, I am starting to feel 'human' - most of the time I forget that I've had the op, that is until I touch my tummy or see it. Then the tenderness and swelly-belly remind me. I still can't wear most of my usual clothes, unless they are expandable (like wrap skirts or elastic-waist pants) or were loose before the op. It doesn't help that I have gained weight from eating too much and not exercising enough!

Sex is finally back to normal after feeling like I had my virginity back! I think I was just too tense and that led to pain the first few times, but now I know everything will be ok I am more relaxed. I am happy to report it is just as good as before and the sensations I thought were from my cervix being stimulated are still there even though the cervix isn't! I cried when I felt the same feelings as before the hyst. I thought they were gone forever!

I have finally retired my tummy pillow after taking it everywhere with me for a few weeks. I especially used it a lot in the car but now the seatbelt doesn't bother me I don't need it. I still get sore from being jolted around in a car on rough roads though.

I am still being careful about how much I lift as I feel the strain in my tummy when I lift too much. Apart from that I am pretty much back to normal with regard to housework, but it's hard to get motivated to do it after so long being pampered. Can I please be looked after just a little longer?

Tomorrow I will be going on my first trip away since my op to my DSO's son's army training graduation. We could do the journey in one day each way but will break it up by staying with friends and family along the way. I feel confident that I will be ok, maybe just a little more tired, and tender in the tummy area. But it will be the first time in years I will go away and not have to worry about unexpected bleeding. What freedom!

How are the rest of you seven-weekers doing? There must be more of you out there. We would love to hear from you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 07:56 AM

Hi Sisters,

I was 7 weeks yesterday. I can honestly say I am feeling much better! I have had several issues with my bladder. But, I think I am finally on the way to recovery with that too. I had TVH w/BSO, rectocele repair and cystocele (sling). The doc always says I have to remember I had 3 major surgeries not just one!

I return to work on Monday (1/2 days only for 1 week). I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I have been walking 45-60 minutes daily (at the mall because it's definitely cold here). .:cold

I still tire pretty easily, but I have to admit I'm not as young as I use to be (50 years old). But, I no longer take afternoon naps.

Hope all my 7-week sisters are doing well too!!!!!

Breni
Unread 01-20-2005, 10:39 AM

hooray for all us 7 week sisters. . . I think we'll always have a special bond.

it's going well for me, too. Still having mild fatigue . . . somedays worse than others.

Having some bladder related pain and my doctor thinks I might have interstitial cystitis (on top of Endometriosis!) So, I'm feeling down about that. Right now, on antibiotics as a first step. Then a cystoscopy to diagnose the IC. Not ready to even think about another procedure after having had LAVH-BSO!

So, other than that (a bit of a downer for me), it's going very well. Doing more each day. Began treadmill walking at 6 wks and feeling good . . . I still take it slow though.

We rock, sisters!!!
Let's keep in contact as the weeks pass.

PS
CrazyArtisit: we have the same exact surgery date!

Peace and love,
Tamara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 11:05 AM

Hi Sarah,

I'm counting wrong I guess. I thought I was at 7 weeks and my surgery(TAH) was a week after you. Arent' you finishing week 8?
No matter, because it sounds like we're all on the same page more or less.
Those first 3-4 weeks were and I did alot of for an old woman! But now, I sleep too good, and I feel like a teenager just wearing nylon underwear! I can't get over the fact that I don't have a super duper, extra long, overniter in there!!!! I love it!
Tender tummy, swelly belly, a few spots of discomfort. I take 4 motrin a day. Back to all normal routines except for anything heavy. I can feel the cuff is still tender so I still don't bend over with ease.
Overall................I'm so happy
Maralyn
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:18 AM

Hey Maralyn,

I get confused as to exactly how far along I am. I figure I am eight weeks today?

Glad to hear you are getting back to normal.

Glad also to hear the rest of the seven weekers are doing well!

At eight weeks, it is a turning point for me. I am definitely feeling more normal and getting back into the routine I thought I would NEVER be able to do again! Way back at three or four weeks, I could not even imagine getting back into life again! It seems soooo far away!

But, for all the early recovery sisters out there....eight weeks feels good!

The only thing I am experiencing right now is LACK OF LIBIDO! I hate to say this, but DH just doesn't "DO" anything for me right now. Hope that changes soon!

Best of luck sisters on the next eight weeks! Keep me posted!

Hugs,
Sarah
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:28 AM

Oh for goodness sake Sarah!! I just now looked at your original "post" date, Jan 13!! Of course you're right, because that was a week ago. Mercy, your thread is coming back!

Luck with the Libido...anything for me post surgery will be a huge improvement compared to pre surgery!

take care
Maralyn
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:42 AM

Thanks Maralyn...best wishes to you as we ride this out together!

Hugs,

Sarah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register