Embarrassing question - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Embarrassing question Embarrassing question

Unread 01-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Embarrassing question

I also giggled when I saw this thread. My how they don't tell you about all this kind of stuff BEFORE you have sex for the first time.

I have had my tubes tied for many years, so this is something I have always had to deal with. Well, after I was given the green light for sex, I really thought it was early... so I insisted on DH buying some condoms. He came home just blushing.... said he felt like a teenager in heat at the pharmacy... even threw in some stupid things he did not need to buy to "mask" the condoms on the grocery line... LOL. It was a riot. But it sure made the moment easier on me... I was nervous enough just to do this... let alone have to worry about the "after mess" as we call it.

But pads are a big help too.... too bad I got rid of all of mine already. May have to go and get some now that I think about it.... LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Embarrassing question

DH goes and gets a towel, if we didn't beforehand. (I'm speaking of the past. I'm still getting over my surgery!) We like to call it the nookie rag.

Now, here's my favorite trick I learned in the maternity ward after having my first baby: You know those plastic male urinals with the handle, that you see in the hospital? They hold about a quart or less of liquid. My nurse was trying to help me P after my baby was born, and she filled a male urinal with warm water. She told me to pour it between my legs onto "the target zone" while I sat on the john. It is also a way to wash this area.

Many times, if I didn't want to take a shower, I'd fill up my male urinal, add some liquid soap to the other hand, and sit down on the toilet for a quick, cheap "bidet spa". It works very well. Pour with one hand, wash with the other and save enough to rinse. The handle keeps you from dropping it. Then, there's always baby wipes. Voila
Unread 01-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Embarrassing question

I grab a couple of tissues while dh warms a washcloth, then he brings it back to me.
The toilet sit works for the rest..
Good luck.

And no, it doesn't ruin the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Embarrassing question

did you notice they don't bother with this in the movies?
Hollywood!!

I have many white thin hand towels in our night stands. The rest of the towels in the house are different colors. A towel is in place beforehand, it's part of the ritual. Just do a sit up in bed and contract the muscles and most of the deposit will escape. We take our towels with us on vacation too. Nice to hear that we're all doing the same thing, more or less...no pun intended.

Good riddens to condoms and kotex!!!
Enjoy
Unread 01-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Embarrassing question

Baby wipes... now there's a thought!
Unread 01-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Embarrassing question

kindred
baby wipes too cold!!!! not warm them up and

Maralyn
Unread 01-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Embarrassing question

noone likes the "wet spot". at least I dont... When ever I see my husband walk out of the bathroom with a dry towel and lock the bedroom door, I know whats in store. There has also been alot of trips of me walking to the bathroom with my knees together and a shirt, a pair of underwear, my bottoms, anything, to catch the drips afterwards. It never ruins the moment. It has just become a part of the act. Or sometimes we just do it right in the bathroom to save time and a change of scenery and or evenin the shower. I have always had to wear panty liners and so I have always had tampons or some type of pads around so they do come in handy. But since my DH had a vasectomy after our 4th child, the "mess" had become much less, but still a mess none the less. I used to think I had a personnal problem and that I was the only one who used to "leak". For many many years, I thought that that was something wrong with me. So dont ever be embarrassed to ask. I used to think there was something wrong with my body that I couldnt keep it in. Talk about embarrassing thoughts!!!!
Unread 01-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Embarrassing question

My DH and I have a Master bathroom and I always go to the bathroom right after sex, not only to get rid of the goo but also to lessen the likelihood for a yeast infection. My family dr had told me one way to avoid getting bacterial vaginosis I seemed to always get this if my DH and I had sex without condoms. Found out that my body is somewhat "allergic" to my husband's love goo and if I don't go to the bathroom immediatly after sex I will get bacterial vaginosis or a yest infection. BV is similar to yeast infections but I don't have the intense itching. Sorry if that is TMI. So, if you are prone to yeast infections you may want to try the ol' pee trick. Hey, that brings up a question (I'll have to post it) but after a hysterectomy do are we still suseptible to yeast infections?
Unread 01-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Embarrassing question

Somewhat of a related question.... on other threads sisters shared ideas of what they were doing with their unused boxes of pads and tampons( several suggested donating them to a high school bathroom or ladies room at work) but what are people doing with unused boxes of condoms? My DH thought balloon animals... anyone have a better idea?
Unread 01-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Embarrassing question

Just a note : they make a nice little thing called a baby wipe warmer now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register