Embarrassing question - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Embarrassing question Embarrassing question

Unread 01-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Embarrassing question

That's right! Thank you for the reminder Ladie Dragon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Embarrassing question

This is for rj4cd--- Yes!!! for the yeast infections............ I dont know what causes them, but mine wasnt from sex. Before surgery, I would always get mine around my period time and after sex. My Primary doctor would literally give a year rx of diflucan for them. It wasnt until my husband and I sustained from intercourse and both of us were treated for yeast that I cleared up. Yep, I too, was allergic to my husbands little men. After his vasectemy, it seemed to help, but still around my cycle, I would get them. Then 8 weeks, post-op, "Guess what?'' So, if any one knows why this happens, let me know?
Unread 01-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Kleenex and peri bottle

We keep a box of tissues right next to our bed. I usually grab a few and use them to prevent any goop from dripping out of me and onto the bed or floor as I make my way to the bathroom. I haved a few peri-wash-bottles that I was given at the hospital (for cleaning the episiotomy site) after my kids were born. I kept them, and have been using them for years to wash myself after intercourse (unless I take a shower after). Someday I'd like to have a bidet installed in our bathroom, but that would require a major remodel because there just isn't room. Hmm.... do we really need the bathtub in there? Anyway, I got another one of those bottles after my TVA last week. They sure do come in handy If we had intercourse before bed, I usually just wear some cotton panties to bed after washing off. If it was during the day, I wear a panti-liner after washing up.

We never could use condoms. I always ended up with a yeast infection afterwards

It's a good thing sex is so much fun and feels so good, because when you think about it, it's really so bizarre and messy that nobody would do it otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Embarrassing question

Oh, the old memories. My husband would get a hand towel and clean himself and then me. This was his "chore".

Once I saw a bumper sticker

"Support women's lib: let him sleep in the wet spot."

Hope this isn't too gross.
Unread 01-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Embarrassing question

Alright Kindrid! You and Ladie Dragon have the right idea! Warmed Baby Wipes ...I imagine would be on the hubby's nite stand. Like the remote! I'd have to get my own box!

Susan, we need to find those bumper stickers!! You and me girl... we were raised in the day, however, I came from a tiny farming town. I was so naive that I thought there was something wrong with me. I had no idea what the goop was!

Maralyn
Unread 01-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi Ladies

I can't say enough how much I love this site!!!! I get so much info in here and questions I would never had thought of.
In keeping with the subject here, my ex and my now long time boy friend were and are fixed, so I haven't used condoms in a long time. I am also allergic to latex and get a nasty rash. I keep old towels in my bedrm and when I know things are heading in that direction, I hide one under my pillow. " Surprise"!! Makes him happy when he realizes we were on the same page hehehe. Afterwards I wipe with the towel then go to the washroom afterwards. Its Dr recommened that you do, so the extra can run out. But I have on occasion during the day time used a mini pad. Sometimes if your out walking around, more may decide to leak out. Nothing like that wet feeling....yuk!
So there you go, I've pretty much said what all the other ladies have. Couldn't resist putting my 2 cents worth in there LOL
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Bev
Unread 01-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Embarrassing question

I have tried many of the methods listed but I find the only thing that brings instant relief for me is to douche immediately afterwards.
Unread 01-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Embarrassing question

Regarding "post-nookie-drip" -- if I don't have time to take a shower a panty-liner is just the trick. Sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes to keep flowing back out (He's a big guy, I'm little) and if he's with me I'll tease him about it. It's our little inside joke.

Regarding yeast infections --
I had asked my doc about the yeast infection thing, and unfortunately because we still have a vagina we can still get them. I was kinda hoping they originated in that pesky uterus. When I got home the day after my surgery I started getting "that Yeast Infection feeling". I was really bummed because I knew if I got one that I would NOT be able to put any suppositories "up there" to take care of it. So I started taking my life saver that I've used for quite some time -- "Yeast Fighter" capsules by TwinLab (taken orally). The main ingredients are Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Garlic Powder (no, you won't get bad breath) and Natural Caprylic Acid - -they maintain a good pH balance "down there". It cleared whatever I was starting to feel right up no problem. You can get it at Drugstore.com. It also contains a fiber mix (psyllium, etc -- gentle mix as I'm very sensitive) and so that was an extra bonus. That plus a periodic dose of stool softeners meant on Day 3 my that dreaded first BM post-surgery just slid itself out with no pain or effort whatsoever.

Now isn't this lovely conversation..?? Thank god we have this site.

Maddy
LSH 1/4/05, kept cervix and ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register