Don't hate me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't hate me! Don't hate me!

Unread 01-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Don't hate me!

Scince i had my castle stay i've lost 16 lbs.....I'm not small (226lbs)now (210lbs) before the surgery so the weight loss is really feeling great!!....but on the other hand before the surgery i had a very very very hard time losing even 5 lbs...........should i be worried or just keep doing what i'm doing??? which is really not much( and i'm not eating diffrently).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2005, 06:08 AM
Don't hate me!

First, of all let start by saying no one hates you because you have lost weight... I had lost 16 lbs also in one week. This was due to the mass of fibroids and uterus the size of a 3 months pregnancy. I too am in the same weight bracket that you are. i am now 9 weeks and 2 days post op. And everyone has complimented me on how great I look. You look good too....

I did not eat at much during early stages of recovery, so now I am at 20 lbs gone. Cannot get on treadmill until after next week. I am sure most of it was water retention and the stuff that was removed was weighing you down some.

Continue doing what you are doing and drink plenty of water... But be very careful with too much water because there is a high chance of overdose on water than you would imagine. I went through that. You clean out all the natural mineral in your body. I using drink about one gallon a day.. I was drink two gallons a day and the weight was going but I was sick and weak and found out was drinking too much water and my body was starving of trigliserdies *sp*
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:21 AM
weight

WOW ........Good for you! Keep up the good work! I on the other hand have gained weight,but I'm not worried as soon as I feel better I will start working out again and drop the weight! I'm about your size too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Don't hate me!

Thats great news!!
I don't hate you, I have lost a few pounds and am hoping to loose more.
Keep up the good work.

If you are concerned about too much wieght loss to quickly or other factors are involved the call your GP, but otherwise I don't think you need to worry.
Unread 01-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Don't hate me!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every one tells me I look good and ask me how much weight I have lost.
The answer is none, not an ounce, but apparently I am looking slimmer to all and sundry lol
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:39 AM
how much water to drink??

OK have read your posts and wanted to know if you knew how much water we are actually suppose to drink in any given day..they always say drink, drink, drink!!! But how much??? Any one know??? please share!
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Don't hate me!

8 - 10 Glasses, but how much is in a glass? 250 ml, so the short answer is 2 - 2.5 litres, however if you live in a hot climate or exercise a lot you can expect to drink more than this.
As a general rule do not guzzle a large quantity at any one time.
If you find you are drinking a lot more than this and it is not due to climate or exercise do check with your doctor as it could be a sign of diabtetes or other illness.

Quote:
In the past few years studies have shown that many of us don't drink enough water for good health. Along with general healthy eating recommendations, most health promoters have urged us all to drink more water, particularly whilst exercising. The message has been strong - avoid dehydration.

However, there is a different story emerging, especially amongst people who exercise. According to researchers almost as many exercisers are putting their health at risk by over-consuming water as drinking too little.

Drinking water at every opportunity can cause serious problems, such as hyponatraemia or water intoxication. As the water content of the blood increases, the salt content is diluted. Consequently the amount of salt available to body tissues decreases, which can lead to problems with brain, heart and muscle function.

Initial symptoms of over-hydration include dizziness, nausea, apathy and confusion. However these symptoms are also associated with dehydration - so it's important to be aware of how much you are drinking.

Is there cause for alarm? The British Dietetic Association guidelines state that an average adult should consume 2.5 litres of water per day. This intake needs to be increased during periods of hot weather or during and after periods of physical activity.

You can get your daily water requirements from sources other than pure water - your cup of tea counts! Water is the main ingredient of all drinks – carbonated drinks and still drinks, fruit juices and fruit and vegetables all have a high water content.

A clear message of Do It, but Don’t Overdo It!!
  Quote:
We all need around two litres of fluid a day to keep our bodies properly hydrated. Water is the medium in which most of body processes take place, and makes up about two thirds of body weight. We lose it via breath, sweat and urine.

The recommended daily two litres of fluid can come from any drinks: tea, coffee, coke, fruit juice - even beer, though we don't recommend drinking two litres of beer each day! We also get approximately half a litre from food eaten each day, about a quarter of daily needs, mostly from fruit and vegetables. Of course, alternatives to water do tend to have more calories, so it makes sense to get at least some of our daily fluid needs from water. Also, some studies have indicated that drinking plenty of water is beneficial to the immune system; good for the skin; alleviates constipation and can reduce the risk of kidney stones.

Dehydration can make you feel tired and lethargic, and will decrease your capacity for exercise. Extra fluid is needed in hot weather and when you exercise. For each hour of exercise you should drink an extra litre of fluid. If you have an illness that is causing sickness, diarrhoea or sweating, you will need to up your fluid intake to make up for the extra loss.

Making sure you are properly hydrated is an important part of general wellbeing - both feeling and looking good - drink up!

ps if any mods are around this maybe better off in the eating/wellness forum, maybe you could direct the person asking about water intake there to see this post?
Unread 01-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Don't hate me!

Atta girl, Melon. I once had an ob/gyn tell me that he doesn't worry too much about weight loss & that some of us can go longer before we need to be concerned about it. (I lost wt with my last pregnancy)

I've lost about 10 lbs, part of which I attribute to the lovely pinkish-tan organs that were removed. I'm ready to lose more, & really want to get back to the "Y" & in the pool.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register