Had hyst in May now gallbladder problems/gallbladder surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had hyst in May now gallbladder problems/gallbladder surgery Had hyst in May now gallbladder problems/gallbladder surgery

Unread 01-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Gallbladder update

Hi

I went to the dr. this week and Gallbladder is the culprit, he examined me, and then sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed alot of gallstones. I have to go to a gi for more tests i might have an inflamed gallbladder. The Dr. said im def going to need surgery. This really stinks this will be my 4th in the past few years. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanx

maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Had hyst in May now gallbladder problems/gallbladder surgery

I'm so sorry you're going through this .

No, I'm sorry I don't have any magic words for you. But I know you're not having any fun!

In the meantime, I want to send you a warm of encouragement. I hope this next surgery brings you relief from your problems!
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:13 PM

I had my gall bladder out about 10 years ago. If it's any consolation, it's a much less invasive procedure and is usually done laparascopically. I had two 1/2 inch incisions, and a small one through my belly button - they are all invisible now.(My big ol' "tummy smile" from the hysterectomy will probably always be with me. Thank goodness - for many reasons - my bikini days are over!)

Good luck. Treat yourself to a luxurious robe and some heavenly bath salts.

NJoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2005, 03:43 PM

Maria,
I too had to have my gb removed. They did it lap, I was kept for 23 hr observation and sent home. Alittle sore for a day or so but back to work in 2 weeks. I felt soooo much better after it was removed. I wish you luck. Niki
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:53 PM

I had my gallbladder taken out 8/2002, I had the ulrasound done on a Tuesday and the surgery was Friday. They did it lap.. I had 2 1-inch cuts and 2 1/4inches. I was sent home from the outpatient center less than 2 hours after my surgery start time. I took 1 week off from work. I had some pain right at the base of my rib cage on the right side. I have has a lot less nausea since the surgery but it takes your body a bit to adjust to not having the extra bile for fat digestion. My suggestion is to make sure you know where the bathroom is wherever you go until your body totally adjusts. It took me about 6-9 months.

I hope this helps.
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:59 PM

just as we thought hu. Oh.......I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'm glad at least we know what it is and others here have had it done with total, total relief. Like mentioned above, this surgery will be a "walk in the park" compaired to a hysterectomy. My brother had his entire kidney removed by a lap and was uncomfortable for 5 days.

Hope they take you soon so you can begin to heal and enjoy your new body!

Take Care Marie and let us know when you go in.

Maralyn
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:35 PM

Hey Ladies

Thank you for the posts, im still miserable right now with this pain, unfornutely i am going to need another surgery but am anxious to get this gallbladder out. I notice on here gallbladder problems are very common on here, alot of ladies have had there gallbladders removed. I wonder why that is?

maria
Unread 01-15-2005, 12:29 AM

I've wondered too. I wondered if the symptoms were there but maybe the pelvic pain was worse and until that let up the gallstone pain just took the back seat? Or maybe surgery and the disturbance of the whole digestive system triggered something. But if you have 4 stones.........you've been working on those for along time, right? Or can you get a stone in a few weeks? Interesting.

Do you have to eat different foods while you wait for surgery?
I've had a few kidney stones and they were awful. I've heart the gallstones are bad too. My dad had his removed. I'm sorry you hurt. Hang in there. Let us know your date.

Maralyn
Unread 01-15-2005, 03:08 AM

I had my GB out 4 1/2 months post op from the hyst. It was done laproscopically. I had 4 small incisions. The sorest one was just above my naval, which is where they bring the GB out of. The pain wasn't too bad. I stayed in the hospital overnight, because I did have lots of pain when I woke up from the surgery. I was also experiencing alot of pain from other issues.
The recovery was a breeze. I was only sore for a few days and was able to walk all over within a few days. I stayed off of work for 2 weeks.I had loose stoles for a week, but unfortunately I began having constipation problems again associated with my rectocele.
I can eat anything now and not even get nauseous. This was the second best thing I have ever done for myself.

Good luck and you will be glad you did it.
Peggy
Unread 01-15-2005, 08:02 AM

I had gallbladder surgery in 2001. It was easy. I was back at work in 10 days. The only hard part was general anesthesia and the resulting fuzziness. I suspect that the relationship between hysters and gallbladders is this: the typical gallbladder patient (certainly not everyone) is 40 or so, and probably most of the women here are about that age.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register