can adhesions cause bladder problems? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can adhesions cause bladder problems? can adhesions cause bladder problems?

Unread 01-08-2005, 08:46 PM
can adhesions cause bladder problems?

I wanted to post on this site because I see alot of postings about adhesions here. As you all know I am having some bladder complications now. I had a urodynamic testing done Thursday. This shows how your bladder and splinchers and urethra function. I had leakage with valsalva maneuver at each pressure level. I also don't empty my bladder completely and don't feel the urge to urinate very often. I have drank pretty much today and have only eliminated a small amt.
I had adhesions sticking my bladder and uterus together and on to the abdominal wall. My dr. cleaned it up as good as he could. Could these adhesions grown back and be messing with my bladder functioning? I guess the adhesion surgeon didn't see anything unusual with my bladder, but that was almost 4 months ago.
I was just wondering.
thanks
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2005, 08:16 AM

Adhesions have been found to cause bladder problems with some people. Any surgery can cause adhesions - even if you have surgery to remove the adhesions there is no guarantee that new adhesions will not form. Often barriers are used to help prevent new adhesions from causing problems - still no guarantee.

Unread 01-09-2005, 10:28 AM

sadly they can regrow..

And many women with endo have gut problems .. so why not bladder problems

Its so unfair I used to grumble at DH , we get the raw end of procreation.. you have my sympathies
mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2005, 06:42 AM
((((peg)))

Yes adhesion can cause bladder problems , Mine are starting too but my adhesions seem to attack my bowels everytime !
Adhesion most always return, it is a viciuos circle, the more surgery the more they come back! Ohh hunny, I can sympathize with you I have been fighting adhesion for 4 years now and have been hospitalized many times because of them!
I belong to an adhesion board and I am fighting for my life right now so I can understand!
hugs Colette
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Oh yes......bladder, bowel....who knows where else!

Adhesions are just as evil as endometriosis!!
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:53 PM

Peggy:

I had adhesions to form on my bladder after my hyst. I went thru a time of bladder spasms that were controlled well by Detrol LA which I was able to quit taking within a couple of months. My doc's comment about the short treatment time was that we must have reset my bladder. The adhesions were found months later when I had a lap to find out why I was having pelvic pain again.

Just my experience. Hope it helps!

Unread 01-10-2005, 10:29 PM

Hi Peggy,

I had a lap for endo on Sept. 3rd and had adhesions pulling my colon out of place. By the end of October they had all grown back. So yes, unfortunately they can grow back and pretty quickly. I had my hyst at the end of Oct. and I don't know if mine have grown back or not. Time will tell. I also had lots and lots of bladder problems before my hyst (part of the reason I had it) and am starting to get them back again. It's really aggravating for those of us that have this happening.

Pat
Unread 01-11-2005, 06:41 AM
Hi Peggy

I can tell you how quikly adhesions grow back! Yesterday I had to go pick up my medical reports from the hospital on my last three surgeries!
[color=red]Highly suggest if you do not have your medical reports that you get them and read them!
[color=darkblue]
Wel you know you get that envolope and get how and of course your going to start to read them Well I started reading I was blown away There was so much stuff in there that the doctor never told me Few examples: I developing pnemonia, multiple abcesses in my pelvic area after my second surgery the list goes on!
But this is the kicker my first surgery they started with a laperascopy and due to the severity of the adhesions opened me up and yes they put in loads of Seprafilm and sent me on my way!
With in hours after my first surgery i started running a fever, due to a preforation in my intestines i was back in surgery in 48 hours they had to cut my from above my bellybutton down, when they opened me up guess what the adhesions were all ready forming again and I had sepraflim( so for me seprafilm is useless)!
[color=red]So what I am saying is adhesions form immediatly it only took 2 days! This whole thing makes me want to cry!
So you just hang in there and never ever give up, you have to fight and keep fighting and in the future there will be options for all adhesion sufferers!
[color=darkblue] Matter of fact I read in my report this is a quote from my surgeon "[color=red] We can now appreciate the severity of this disease and what it can do to a person"
[color=darkblue]Sweety I have them so bad that i have to I can no longer eat solids, my intestines are so bad!
I am a humane guinnie pig! But I am dedicating myself to truely helping others! And educating everyone!
So you are not alone and I am here for you as are the others!
Hugs and kisses!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register