Update from Jan.9th - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update from Jan.9th Update from Jan.9th

Unread 01-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Update from Jan.9th

WOW! I am glad you went to another Doc. It is so frustating when they don't investigate your symptoms and makes you feel like a complainer. Is it common to have problems with your ovaries after a Hyst? Were you ovaries inspected during your Hyst?
My Doc returned my call and gave me 3 prescriptions. No UA. Antibiotic, Detrol and Pyridium. She left a message on my home phone. She stated that she didn't think it was a UTI but maybe this will help. Boy do I feel blown off. I am taking the Meds, day 5, and I do feel less spasming and pain. The bladder numbing drug is gone and I am almost done with the Antibiotic. I still feel some irritation and heaviness down there. I only wake up 1-2x per night to urinate and don't have the intense spasms that kept me awake. I am concerned when I run out of Detrol that they will come back. I seem to have increased sensitivy after intercourse also. I guess I will wait to see what happens after I am finished with the Detrol. Let us know how it goes!
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Back to recuperating AGAIN!

Well, I went to have the lapiroscopy on Thursday morning but once she got "In there" she stopped and they had to prep me for open surgery.

Seems that there was sooooooo many adhesions (endometriosis) tissue that she couldn't even get through anything to REACH the fluid sacs and the right ovarian cyst. She literally said "I had to dig and dig to get through the adhesions, Brenda." She cleaned me all out, removed the 3 fluid-filled subcapsules, removed the right ovary (which I chose to keep due to hormones) and finally the 7 cm cyst that was ADHERED to the ovary. *whew*

I honestly haven't got an true, complete answer to whether she thought ALL OF THIS just grew AFTER the hysterectomy -- which was just 8 weeks ago. Can endometrial tissue and/or adhesions grow that fast in 8 weeks? Would like to know if anyone happens to know this answer. She DID SAY - however - that some of the adhesions "had to have been there at least 3-4 years." (I guess based on their color which can be white, gray or black). So........they had to re-open my huge hyster scar and I am off work for approx. 2-3 weeks; not sure yet.

I really don't know if I have a case for negligence or not. I know it's not specifically malpractice because the original GYN did not DO ANYTHING TO ME intentionally and/or I am not damamged. But he did ignore my symptoms and complaining for 7 weeks post-op...........and chose to take no action EVEN AFTER SEEING the dangerous CT reports. so.........my hubby is taking good care of me as we also have three little boys - ages 8, 7 & 5. I'll check in again soon! THanks for all your responses. I hope to keep talking with you all!
Brenda
Unread 02-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Update from Jan.9th

:eyes: I can't believe that you have had to go thru what you have gone thru. That is just aweful..I really hope that things will get better, and hope that you have a speedy recovery. WOW that just really blows my mind tht a DR can just blow you off like that.

BEST OF LUCK !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Update from Jan.9th

Not sure if you have a legal case but I would be warning all of my friends (and probably any other woman) that the doctor is a quack.

It seems to me the fluid became encapsuled because the adhesions kept the fluid from accessing tissue that could absorb it. Why would a doctor not remove adhesions and endo while they were in there?
Unread 02-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Had infections & "Just Can't Think Right"

With complete hysterectomy on Jan. 12, with other bladder, rectal, and small bowel repairs and removing endo, I felt better in the hospital than I have at home some days. 10th day post op (after being miserable for four days) I called and got Macrobid and Pyrdine for five days. Got better, but within two days of getting off of these, got worse again. Called again last Friday and he put me on Levaquin and gave me some more pain med Hydrocodone if I needed it. The Levaquin is helping and I am trying to just take the Hydrocodone at night, but it hurts to sit. I had tried to do without any pain med for several days because maybe it was contributing to my consitipation again...finally got my BMs doing better the last few days than since before my surgery.

I too am worried I may have some fluid or something that is causing infection that is hard to get rid of. In addition to all of this, I am trying (since tomorrow will be three weeks) to focus and concentrate on my bookkeeping work, but I cannot focus real well...I am so slow......Also, I find myself having trouble communication well...I get halfway through and can't get my words to come out right and feel foolish (this is even before I started back my pain med? Anyone feel their analytical and communication skills are in La, la, land?
Unread 02-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Update from Jan.9th

Brenda,

s and more s!!!!

no one should have to go through all that you did!

Jennifer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register