?? sex before 6 weeks? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

?? sex before 6 weeks? ?? sex before 6 weeks?

Unread 01-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Wait a minute......!

Shep....You were very lucky that you escaped damage. "I knew sex was OK before then" is not true. You can ASSUME it might be OK, because you SHOULD be healed by then......BUT, there are women who have granulation, need cauterized, and aren't healed at the cuff until the 9 week mark. You cannot KNOW until a visual check is done.

You MUST know that healing after childbirth is NOTHING like after the hyster! After childbirth, you still have a uterus at the end of your vagina.......a CLOSED system. After a hyster, there is a sewn seam at the end of your vagina, that...if broken..even just a wee bit....opens into the formally sterile abdominal cavity.

I have seen surgery performed on a woman who had sex before her internal exam.........there was semen in her abdominal cavity, along with the raging infection. Her vagina was attached to her bladder, and her bowels were a mess.

Ladies, I cannot stress enough how important it is to wait until you have been confirmed healed at the vag cuff, before having intercourse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2005, 08:15 AM
?? sex before 6 weeks?

My doctor must have seen some bad things happen to women, because he told me at least three times at every visit (including in the hospital): no vaginal sex for 8 weeks!
Unread 01-16-2005, 08:17 AM
?? sex before 6 weeks?

Fibroid woman.............. The question asked was, has anyone had sex before 6weeks and did they have any problems and I was just answering the thread!!
Like everything every woman is different.
When I went for my check up it was 'assumed' I'd already had sex and I was truthful and told then EXACTLY when and that was NOT a problem. It wasn't rampant sex and still isn't.
Overseas sisters go back to work after 4weeks (sometimes earlier) in England that would be classed as 'asking for trouble' it's between 8-12weeks depending on your job.
In England we get the go ahead for sex anytime after 4 weeks so I think it a case of oversea sisters go to work ealier than English sisters and English sisters are given the go ahead to have sex earlier than overseas sisters. I don't think any woman would go through such a major operation and do ANYTHING they thought was going to put them at risk!!!

Kind regards

Shep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2005, 08:57 AM
?? sex before 6 weeks?

I think the important thing is to stay in close contact with your doctor. Follow your own doctor's orders.

Yes, some women have intercourse before the 6-week mark and do fine. Some have intercourse too early and have HUGE problems. I, personally, was not cleared for sex until 13 weeks. The thing is, you can't see inside yourself to see if you are healed. Only your doc can do that. So even if you think you might be healed, it's worth a call to your doc just to make sure you aren't putting yourself at any risk.

And let's not forget that different docs use different methods and have different experiences and have different outcomes. I'm sure that's why some women are cleared for sex before other women.

Be safe. Check with your doctor about what's right for you!

Wishing you all health, happiness and peace!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register