9 days post-op...feel crappy!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post-op...feel crappy!!!! 9 days post-op...feel crappy!!!!

Unread 01-16-2005, 05:46 PM
9 days post-op...feel crappy!!!!

There are brighter days coming ahead to you! And yes, it really is true about 6-8 weeks! I just about had a melt down when I realized that it was going to take that long. Tomorrow I am 8 weeks post op from a TAH. I am also starting back to work (10hr shifts - light duties inside as I am a police officer). I was really going buggy at home, however, now that I am feeling better....there are some things I wouldn't mind doing in the house (I made quite a list while I was lying around on my duff bored to tears!!) It does get better, but you need to get tons of rest, lots of water and try to do a little more walking each day - it really does help (of course, it doesn't feel that way with your gut stapled shut!!!) Isn't this the greatest site ever???

Keep smiling!
jct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2005, 06:05 PM

Hi sisters
I remember those first couple of weeks too clearly. I didn't rest like I should have and it made my recovery very rough. I did way too much and ended up sore and depressed. Take care of yourselves now, so you will have a uneventful recovery. I wished I would have pampered myself like I was told to.
At 2 weeks I went to a Reds ballgame. I did alot of climbing and walking and actually did not get very sore from it. Week 3 seemed like I took alot of steps backwards. Day by day I was able to move around pretty much pain free. At 5 weeks my dr. allowed me to resume normal housework. I already had, but he figured maybe since he said I was allowed to now, I wouldn't feel so guilty about it. At week 7 I broke down crying, because I couldn't stand the depression anymore. I was placed on zoloft. By week 10 I was able to return to my job.
I felt guilty not being allowed to do the things I normally do at home.I needed to realize that I deserved this time off to take care of me and be healthy again. I had been run down for many years.
During the recovery period just realize this time is meant for you. Allow others to do for you and get yourself well again. You will feel better day by day Before you know it you will be full swing back into your life.
After a while this whole hysterectomy experience will only seem like a thing in your past, a long time ago.
Good luck in your soon to be happy, healthy, pain free life.
You will be glad you did it.

Peggy
Unread 01-16-2005, 06:30 PM

I'm 10 days post op and not sure how I'm feeling. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the mend and then the next hour I feel like crap. Managed to get a head cold on top of it all which has made me very tired. Sleeping quite a bit but the first thing I do every morning is shower and get dressed and then I go back to bed for a nap......ha ! Am having some burning stinging type pain at the incisiion (TAH) and I sure wish this tape they have on me would wear off......it feels like its pulling. I have been off the pain pills 2 days though and have switched myself to tylenol which is working pretty well if I don't overdo it.........wanted off the pain meds so I could take cold medicine. It is very encouraging to read other posts saying we will feel better at 3, 4 and 6 weeks............I can't wait !!! Am a little worried about this swelly belly too and sure hope I can fit in my work clothes at 6 weeks.........so far sweat pants everyday and can't imagine putting on a pair of pants over this swelling and stinging abdomen.
  Quote:
TAH 16 wk uterus and very large fibroid. kept ovaries.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register