scar tissue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-16-2005, 10:36 AM
scar tissue

Hi , I have some scar tissue, from the hysterectomy I had in October. I am now taking anti inflamatory tablets to see if this will help. Has anybodyelse done this? I have just been given another month off work, that will be 4!!! I have a very heavy job to go back to, so need to be free of discomfort before going back. has anybody been offered physiotherepy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2005, 11:03 AM
scar tissue

Hi over there!!

I have no answers for you but I do have questions. How were your adhesions diagnosed? What does it feel like?

For you, what is the difference between your adhesion pain and your healing pain ? It's so hard to determine at this stage what is still surgery pain and what is more perhaps endo or adhesions or intestinal.

I'm taking Motrin..it's over the counter for swelling and fever. It sounds like you're on a script... something better.

I hope you get some good answers here.

Maralyn
Unread 01-16-2005, 12:15 PM
My Experience

Hi There! It will be 3yrs. 2/05 since my surgery. I had severe endo & fibroids. I was taking a very low dose of NHRT, since I was only 36yrs. old. I was concerned about other issues being in menopause. Unfortunately I had to stop 1yr. ago Dr. felt based on my symptoms of pain (Pelvic & when had bowel movements) that this could be scar tissue or endo flare-up due to the estrogen I was taking. I went on Black cohosh, Flaxseed oil, advil(when needed), also took the enzyme (Protease on empty stomach) I read how it works on inflammation (It really helped!!!). Now since my Dr. consisders me post-menopausal,and not having alot of the night sweats,hot flashes suggested I stop the black cohosh.

I really feel getting off the NHRT & taking the mentioned supplements really helped!

Take Care,
Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2005, 02:19 PM
scar tissue

Denise, is your enzyme Protease over the counter? I'm glad that you have found something that works for you!
Maralyn
Unread 01-17-2005, 07:31 AM
re reply on scar tissue to maralyn

Hi, thanks for replying to my question of scar tissue, adehsions, I suppose! Because I was not yet ready to go back to work, I saw my consultant at the hospital, and he said that I had some scar tissue still healing. My own doctor, a few weeks later gave me Voltarol, which is a strong anti inflamatory drug used here in the Uk. It is also a pain killer.

The condition feels like discomfort , soreness in the tummy area, also in the ovary area. Also I have a swelled tummy too, and a dragging feeling when emptying the bladder, like a spasm at the close of flow of urine.

I have just heard today, that a water test given a week ago is showing an elevated level of white blood cell, although not showing infection. I am just off to repeat the test!!!!

The healing pain, I found to be more of an ache really. I hope this helps you. Thank you for replying to my question. I have added you to my buddy list, hope that is ok. I am new to this site and not yet found my way around it!!!! Best wishes, Barbara, celtic lady!!!!!
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:10 PM
scar tissue & inflammation

Hi girl's! I replied to a post giving some suggestions from my own experience. I was using enzyme therapy - protease , which work wonders!! I really helped my physically recovery. Was told about this by a Pharmacist who specializes in holistic. The product was called REPAIR(Enzymedica), i bought @ the health food store.

I hope you have success w/this.

denise
Unread 01-30-2005, 07:15 AM
scar tissue

Hi Ladies, I must add a note of caution here. Please check with your doctor before using any OTC products. Even from health food stores. While some are safe, others can interact with medications you might be taking. Each of us are different, so check first.
's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register