dry hair & BP going up & down?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dry hair & BP going up & down?? dry hair & BP going up & down??

Unread 01-16-2005, 01:27 PM
dry hair & BP going up & down??

I will be 6 weeks this thurs on 20th. I still have tenderness in belly, and of course feel like I've gained weight instead of loosing like dr. said I would. I cry for no reason, tired most of the time, and don't sleep well at night ... and I am on HRT, patch!
I have noticed that my hair has become really dry. I use to have to wash it every other day. My blood pressure is up one day and down the next. Could all this be hormone related? The patch I am on is .01 and .50. I don't know if all of this would come so early after surgery!! I know it takes time for a major surgery but I am ready to be "normal" again!
I was taking Zoloft before surgery, just started back on it, take a multi B vit. (thanks to a hystersister suggestion ) but still no energy at all or energy 1 day, and none for several to follow. Is there something different I can try or do?
I have been very pleased with this site and have recommended it to others! Thanks for all the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2005, 02:04 PM

Wow, sounds like you're having a time of it! Maybe an adjustment is needed, but hopefully someone who knows about that will be along. I have my ovaries, but YES to dry hair and the blood pressure thing.

My blood pressure had always been 90/60, ever since I can remember. It went through the floor right after surgery. (always does - I tell the Doc's that will happen but they always act surprised)

In the days after surgery I wondered whose blood pressure readings the nurses were writing down. It had almost doubled. Now, on it's own and without meds, it's been coming down about 10 points a week, and it's almost back to my normal.

There is a great thread on this from awhile back - very informative, and these changes apparently happen ALOT after hysterectomy. Go to 'search' and enter blood pressure for subject and trish as the author. (yes, it can be hormones)

joano
Unread 01-16-2005, 02:29 PM

I went on BP meds at my two week check up. I don't know if it has stabilized yet. I took it at the drugstore twice and one time it was really high 169/92 and then lower 129/89. Still not low enough... Dr. said when I returned to exercise and lost some weight, it would probably go down on its own.

Virginia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register