How are the five week sisters doing????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are the five week sisters doing????? How are the five week sisters doing?????

Unread 01-17-2005, 01:10 PM
How are the five week sisters doing?????

Hello fellow 5 weekers! I am 5 weeks out today. It is amazing how far we have all come in this short amount of time! We truely are amazing creatures, aren't we??

I feel I am doing well. I still struggle with the lack of HRT. Hot flashes are not as bad as the night sweats. Why on earth do those have to hit at NIGHT. I am trying to sleep!! aggh. I hope to be seeing a menopause clinician soon, so might be able to get some of that sorted out. (no HRT now due to endo and I smoke

I see lots of us mention the headaches. Got one today. While I usually just let it go, I did take some Advil today for the headache. I think my bod is telling me to rest a bit. I decided today to try and CLEAN a few things. I am in the middle of dusting and cleaning the living room. I think the headache is from all the moving and bending and up and down. Not to mention the smell of the Pledge I am using. I used to like the smell, today it is just gaging me.

I called the doctor today, and he said I can go back to work Feb 1st. I am glad it is not till then. I really tend to get tired mid day and need a break. While I don't work full time anyhow (6 hours a day is all)... I just don't think I can do it yet.

Glad so many posters are doing well at 5 weeks! We have no where to go but UP from here. The endo pain seems to be gone. Other than what seems to be some muscle pain by my incision, I feel ok. Not me yet, but I do feel I am making progress, so this is wonderful!!

Take care!
Andi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 04:04 PM

Hi all,

I am 5 1/2 wks and am doing well. My surgery date is the same as yours, ladie dragon, and my 6wk checkup is Wed. I'll be 6wks on Friday. I hope to be going back to work the following Monday.

I notice some swelly belly and soreness when I am on my feet too much or running errands. I get tired, too, after a full day. I also still have some pressure when urinating, but gets better every day.

I also started back walking 2 1/2 miles but am taking it slower than I did pre-op. My DH and I usually walk very fast and I am alittle apprehensive to speed walk yet. I have noticed I sleep better at night when I walk.

Happy healing everyone!

Sue
Unread 01-17-2005, 08:41 PM

Hi everyone, I am 5 weeks today. Had my TAH on the 13th of December.

How am I doing? Tired today. I went shopping for a couple hours and then got a hair cut. I don't know why I'm this tired tonight, I really don't think I over did it. Oh well, such is the story of my days now, one day full of energy, and the next tired. I guess I need to find the happy medium.

I don't have to go back to work until February 14th, so I have time to adjust.

I saw my Dr last Thursday and he told me to take a long bath daily. I'm not a bath person. I like to get my shower and get going. But he told me that it would be soothing and would help flush the vagina. I had a discharge & itching and thought it was a reoccurance of a yeast infection that I just finished treating. He said it was a normal discharge. Well I took his advice - how relaxing! The discharge & itching went away by the 2nd bath and It helped flush out small stiches.

I'm looking forward to week 6 - I hear that's when we start to feel more normal!

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 09:33 PM

I'm feeling pretty darn good - sometimes I forget that I even had surgery a mere month ago! Yesterday the weather was so beautiful that I cooudn't resist firing up my motorcycle any longer and went for a great short ride. Today, I went to visit my horse who is turned out in pasture for the winter while I recover, and ended up climbing on my friend's old, bombproof horse and just walked around on him for a few minutes. I've been commuting an hour to work (desk job) since January 3rd - the first week I worked part time and last week I worked full time. I'm thankful that I've had a pretty uneventful recovery so far, although I think I'm still sleeping a bit more than usual. Best wishes to everyone out there.
----------------------------
38 yr. old / LAVH
Unread 01-17-2005, 09:38 PM

I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and am feeling okay. The right side of my stomach is really sore right now, going on for 3 days, I think maybe I over did something? I'm also having sort of a sharp pain in the liver area. My Dr put me on a small dosage (patch) of hormones to kick start my ovaries, I was getting horrible hot flashes. When I went for my 1st appt to remove the staples I had an infection so that was a horrible ordeal. I screamed like a baby the whole time, but my Dr was so nice and patient. Of course that has cleared up now with some anti-biotics. I will have my 6 week post op appt tomorrow and we will discuss going back to work. I am worried however because I have not passed any internal stitches yet. Is this normal and is it only if I had a VAH? Other than the things I mentioned above my healing process has been good. Thanks for all your support.
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:04 AM

My 5 week point is this friday. I still have old blood discharge, some red spotting and wondering if anyone else still have this at 5 weeks. I am walking approximately 1 1/2 miles a day and notice that I start to get crampy on my right side by the end of the walk. Belly is also still numb, but I see that's normal. I had a TAH/BSO and on HRT. Mentally I feel great, I just wish my body was back to full speed.

Anyone else still having these symptoms?
Unread 01-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Susan,

Me too. I went for my appt yesterday due to bleeding and found out I have a very small area that's still healing. Normal, and doesn't need treatment yet, but I have to keep an eye on it. I also hurt some on right side, esp when walking. I'm still tire, but that's due to my BP meds I'm on until the HRT does it's thing and the BP comes back to normal. I want my body back, too.
Unread 01-18-2005, 12:38 PM

I'm at 5 weeks tomorrow and returning to school. I teach Kdg. so it may be very interesting. I'm sure they will wear me out the first couple weeks. Some dear friends have brought some meals in to help me out the next few weeks. Most days are good now. I have had a little more energy. If I do a bunch on one day, I tend to be very tired the next. I have been worried how shaky my legs seem. My OB/GYN upped my dosage of iron without even doing a blood test. Saw my GP the next week and all my levels were normal. Still have shaky legs. He thinks its from lack of use. So he recommended walking. It -5 outside so I have tried to walk extra inside and do more stairs. Not sure yet if it has helped. We'll find out tomorrow. I have been attending the kid's HS ballgames about 3 to 4 nights a week. Good luck to all of you and remember to take it easy even if it has only been 5 weeks!!!
Shelley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register