anyone else gaining weight??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone else gaining weight??? anyone else gaining weight???

Unread 01-17-2005, 07:45 AM
anyone else gaining weight???

Hello all. I am 12 weeks post op and feel pretty much back to normal, other than tiring very easily. My problem is that in the 12 weeks since my surgery I have gained 20 pounds!! I have been following the weight watchers plan and have managed to drop 4 pounds the first week, then nothing since.

Is it just me or are others out there having trouble dropping weight since surgery? I should mention losing weight has NEVER been a problem for me prior to surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 07:54 AM

Hi...... I too have been gaining weight,but I can just look at something and gain weight......not too worried yet. I'm only 4wks out soo when I heal alittle more I will go back to working out 3 times a week. I too live in Michigan.... .... just outside Detroit in the suburbs....where are you?

Tina

12/15/04-TVH....due to endo and adeno
Unread 01-17-2005, 08:31 AM

Yes - I've gained about 7 pounds since 1/1/05 when I went on the Weight Watchers program (???). My surgery was done for Adenomyosis (uterus = 14 weeks pregnancy size) and Fibroids so I was expecting to lose a little right after the surgery ( ha!ha!ha!). I came home from the hospital very swollen (low BP - had to stay on IVs for an extra day ----lots of fluid buildup), but was down about 5 pounds below normal after the first two weeks - I was on Percocet and had no appetite for the usual holiday treats, etc. Since then I'm up again - I'm taking Estratest. I think it would be interesting to know if the others posting are on HRT also - I don't know if weight gain is documented side effect of Estratest, but given my caloric intake over the last couple of weeks I think it has to be for me. Of course, not a lot of physical activity on my part at this time in recovery either. Here's looking forward to Spring!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 08:41 AM

I am very pleased to say that I weighed myself last night and I am down 9 lbs since my surgery. For me, that is an absolute MIRACLE!!! I do not lose weight easily and I am not one to exercise either. I have noticed, though, that my appetite is not as great as before (which is a good thing, for me). My uterus wasn't unusually large, so it appears that I'm losing weight from somewhere else...YAY!!!

For me, this is a wonderful turning point. Both hubby and I have decided it's time to start looking after ourselves better than we have been. He's going back to the gym and I'm joining curves. My next goal is to shed 20 lbs before our trip to Mexico in July. Wish me luck!!

*hugs* to all who are struggling with their weight. It has been a life long battle for me, and I really don't know if there is anything more difficult than losing weight..for me, anyway. I think if we all look forward to a life without any more pain and discomfort, that in itself should be incentive enough to increase our activity levels. *fingers crossed*
Unread 01-17-2005, 09:52 AM

Tina~
I too am in a suburb of detroit, ypsilanti...new to the area not sure how much I like it yet!!
Unread 01-17-2005, 01:18 PM
MKehres

MKehres.......... My surgery was 18th October and when i was 1 week post op I'd lost about 12lbs. I didn't have a very good appetite for about a month but once I got my appetite back I was very careful what I ate as I could only walk everyday, I couldn't do any other exercise so I was very careful. I'm back at the gym and walk everyday and have a healthy diet and I've gained over a stone!! I'm on HRT patches (estraderm) and I'm seriously thinking about coming off them as I'm convinced it's the patches.
When I was on Zoladex injections and HRT in February 2004 the same thing happened then then when I stopped the injections and HRT I managed to loose some of the weight!!

Shep
Unread 01-17-2005, 01:42 PM

I'm still pre and just reading ahead and I know this is a little off subject. Wow, Serrenity, it just struck me reading your post, we have some things in common. I just joined Curves, a great bunch, I wanted to get in better shape for our next trip to Mexico, we've gone to PV a couple times and are looking at Cancun this year. Where have you gone? I just started Curves and of course have the one year obligation adn automatic pay. Well, the day after my first session I find out I'm going in for surgury. Did I already say they're great, they have a med-hold while I am unable to do the program and I'm not charged for that time.
Unread 01-17-2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by outwtheold
I'm still pre and just reading ahead and I know this is a little off subject. Wow, Serrenity, it just struck me reading your post, we have some things in common. I just joined Curves, a great bunch, I wanted to get in better shape for our next trip to Mexico, we've gone to PV a couple times and are looking at Cancun this year. Where have you gone? I just started Curves and of course have the one year obligation adn automatic pay. Well, the day after my first session I find out I'm going in for surgury. Did I already say they're great, they have a med-hold while I am unable to do the program and I'm not charged for that time.
Hi outwtheold ~*~ we certainly do have things in common

We went to Cancun, last July, to Bluebay Getaway, which is an adults only resort. We had an absolutely aMAzing time!!! The weather is perfect then, (only 5 mins of rain our entire week) and the staff at this resort makes sure you have fun LOL

This is the first trip hubby and I have taken, by plane, as we are a "put together" family..each coming in to the relationship with one child, so it was an extra special time for us. If you haven't booked yet, look in to that resort...it's an absolute HOOT!!! I also enjoyed the fact that topless suntanning was allowed *grin*.

Thanks for the good comments on Curves..I'm a little reluctant to start yet, but I'm going to give it a few weeks then I'm off It's right across the street from my office too, so I'll have no excuses LOL

*hugs*
Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register