4 weekers - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-18-2005, 12:41 AM
4 weekers

Ooops, forgot something. Naseua and stomach pains. I have trouble eating. If I eat soft food, I'm okay. Yet, I want FOOD! Because I'm off work I watch TV a lot. Oh goodgrief! I never noticed how many commercials for food there are. It makes me hungry, but I know I can't eat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 11:29 AM
4 weekers

Kindred & 4 week sisters-

I had a bit of nausae the other day because I ate 4 bites of a slice of pizza (much to my SO's disapproval - he brought the **** thing in the house for the 4th time so what did he expect) ANYWAY! I did not eat anything but liquids for the first 2 weeks and for the last 2 weeks I was eating ONLY fish or chicken ONCE a day (my mom only lets me have meat once a day). I totally had pain in the hospital when they switched me to solids and didn't want it again so I figured that oily foods and heavy foods were no longer apart of my game plan.
My fibroid caused me really bad digestive problems and now that it is out I don't want it to start up again. So cow is no longer my friend (LOVE HAMBURGERS). I am going to try PORK (the other white meat) at week 6 and see how that works for me because I am sick of eating turkey bacon (it is starting to resemble cardboard). My mom is a vagan (SP) & a massage therapist and she knows all about the foods to mix together and stuff like that.
So I changed my lifestyle due to this surgery and I feel pretty good I can't wait to start my exercise plan BECAUSE I BELLY RING IS IN MY FUTURE as well as revealing sexy clothes. I feel like a NEW SEXY WOMAN.
NO MORE PERIODS - OR PILLS - I am going to save almost $60 a month on pads (3 pks), RXs, & pain meds. I am so excited.
Wow did I ramble!
Happy Healing
Blizzak
Unread 01-18-2005, 12:06 PM
4 weekers

Hi
I too have had problems with my stomache since my surgery- the dr said my uterus was 10 times the size of a normal one, so I guess I have a lot of room inside- other than problems eating the food I love, I am doing fairly well. Over did it yesterday walking on the beach so today I am suffering for it. It was worth it. I am suppose to go back to teaching on the 7th of Feb. so I am trying to get my energy level up a little bit more each day. Just wish I could get rid of the swelly belly!!! I love this site- my husband also says I am becoming obsessed with it- but it has helped him too!!! Thanks to you all !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 12:58 PM
4 weekers

Today I went to Michael's to do a demo for two hours I did fine the first hour and I walked (slowly) around helping customers but after that I really needed a chair so I sat down for the last of the 1/2 hour and now I am ready for a nap. I am used to going and going guess my body says it isnt time yet.
Julie
Unread 01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
4 weekers

I was four weeks yesterday and am feeling fine, although I still have some swelly belly. I'm a stay-at-home mom and have pretty much been back to my normal routine since week 2 except for things like heavy lifting, vacuuming and sex.

I did have a bit of a slump last week (week 3), even though I was doing less than I did at week 2. I've read on here that a week 3 slump isn't uncommon, so I didn't worry about it and just took it easy. And all seems well again now. Except for this ol' swelly belly.
Unread 01-18-2005, 06:56 PM
4 weekers

Weel,
I went in for my 4 week checkup today. I woke up about 5 a.m. and had a headache, so took a percocet and went back to sleep. Got up about 9:30, tried to eat something even though I didn't feel good (which should have been a signal to me) and finally threw up at 10:30

I went back to bed and slept until I had to get up and shower for my Dr. appt. I tried calling my daughter to take me, but couldn't get her on the phone. I stopped to get 7-up at the corner store and ended up crying because my debit card was denied. (it was just the old one). Anyway, a girl I know works there and she was very helpfull getting my other card out, etc. and helping me to the car. I felt like and idiot!!!

Drove myself to the Dr. office and felt SSOOOO crappy. He knew I felt like **** and was so kind, turned off the overhead light, etc. He said he could admit me to the hospital and get some fluids in me or give some stuff to stop my nausea. I took a prescription for the meds, pedialyte and vinegar and water douche to try to get the last two stitches out so he won't have to take them out next time. Had to send DH to the store (lucky for me, he was home eraly and not out of town as we'd thought this week). The medicine is Phenegran for vomiting and nausea, same as what I got in the castle. (in fun suppository form!)

Anyway, I dozed some more this afternoon, and actually felt well enough to eat chicken soup (there's something magical about it) and crackers with some cheese.

My plan going into this checkup was to ask all of those last questions I had (bath? sex?), and I didn't do any of that. I got him to write another note for work, and I called my principal to let him know it would be a couple more weeks and to get another sub ready. If I EVER feel this way at work, it will do me in!

Hopefully, it was just a fluke, and not the flu.

Virginia
Unread 01-18-2005, 07:23 PM
4 weekers

Today is 4 weeks for me. It's been going well----much better than what I thought it would be!
I'm walking 1-2 miles a day (except today when it was -12 here!) Doing all household chores (laundry, dishes, beds, etc) except vacuuming-(though I have been using the wand attachment of vacuum since day 2)
Driving is off limits until Feb 8th dr. apt. but I did drive 3 miles to PO twice----was ok.-
Still have a huge swelly belly and numbness but I find I do much better without any pain meds----have not taken prescription pain meds since the week of surgery.-
I also still have bruises on my stomach from heparin shots in hospital-
Other than that and some night sweats (on premarin) all is going great!
Unread 01-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Almost 5 weeks

Today I drove 75 miles to the grocery store, Walmart, etc. My 4 year old and I did great. She's learned that I can't lift her until March because of my suspension so she climbs all by herself into and out of the shopping cart. I was gone 7 hours! Thursday I drive 4 hours to the airport and then fly to Florida early Friday morning. Today was a good test for how I'll do Thursday!

I have no pain, no swelling, no nothing but gratitude for my doc for doing such an awesome job!

Love and blessings to you all,
Angie K
Unread 01-18-2005, 10:24 PM
4 weekers

I was going to say that my four week mark was yesterday -- until I looked at the time! Monday was my four week mark -- had my check-up today. I still have a lot of stitches that have not dissolved and the "duck-bill" made me start bleeding again and had to be swabbed with silver nitrate. The doc kept asking if it hurt -- it didn't at that time, but boy, an hour later it felt as if my insides were on fire!

I went back to work last week (teaching) and just told the kids that I can't lift and have to sit more than stand. They have been great. I did manage to catch a cold (none of my kids were sick, so it has to have been from one of my teammates) and didn't go to school and plan to stay in bed again today!

I told the doctor about this great site -- that it answered questions that I hadn't even thought about asking. He said he was going to check it out!

I did drive a bit today -- the doc told my hubby that I could drive at two weeks but he'd rather I waited until four -- so I waited since he was willing to be my chauffeur (he joked that he was "driving Miss Daisy"!) My son knew I didn't feel well today, so he drove me to the doctor. He said he may take me out tomorrow and let me drive around the block before I try driving the 15 miles to school!

My pain during my recovery has been minimal. In fact, I told the doc that I had had more severe menstrual cramps than anything associated with the surgery. I came home with two prescriptions for pain meds that I had filled. I haven't needed them for pain from the surgery. I took one of the really strong ones one day last week -- cold front was approaching and my fused spine was causing a lot of pain -- didn't like the way it made me feel! Flushed those suckers down the toilet! The others are just a prescription strenghth ibuprofen.

I have managed to lose 5 pounds in the last week. I'm hungry now, but don't think it wise to start having midnight snacks if I want to lose anymore!
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:42 PM
4 weekers

HI. This is my first post and I can not sleep. My surgery was 1-6-05 TAH/BSO. I was going to try to go without hormones, (HRT scares me) and that did not last long. I am on Vitelle dot.01. I'm feeling pretty good, have had two jobs in the last 2 weeks ( I am a freelance photographer) and have done well with that. My biggest issue is not sleeping and wierd, bad dreams. I have my 6 week on the 17th and am getting anxious about having sex for the first time.( I am hoping my doctor realeases me for sex) To say the least, my husband is sexually frustrated and I feel awful for him. I am nervous about our first time being together sexually since the surgery. I have also been losing weight and have been nauseated and dizzy. Any thoughts?? :hair:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register