Surgery may be rescheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery may be rescheduled Surgery may be rescheduled

Unread 01-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Surgery may be rescheduled

My surgery was scheduled for February 2, but on friday my hubby had a heart attack. He will be coming home tomorrow, but will be laid up for a week maybe more. As of right now im not sure if this will create a prob for my surgery or not. I will be talking to his dr tomorrow to find out what his limitations will be. Dont know if i could stand waiting any longer than im already waiting.

Pamela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 08:14 PM

Bless your heart!!! I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I know your mind has to be in such turmoil right now. I know what it's like to dread a hysterectomy and at the same time you can't wait to get the surgery so that the pain and discomfort will stop and your healing will begin. You are having to deal with that plus your husbands heart attack. My heart goes out to you. I'm so thankful that he will be coming home to you soon. I know that this is much added stress to your already stressful situation. Hopefully, you will still be able to have your surgery in Feb. I know you want to be there for him and also you will need help yourself. Do you have any family or friends that can help you and your husband? I really hope that you have people that you can count on during this difficlt time. My prayers are indeed with you!

God Bless!
Unread 01-17-2005, 08:19 PM

Pamela, I 'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he has a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My surgury was re-schedualed because of my high blood presure so I'm waiting until next month for the big day. But the waiting is the worst part of it. Hang in there.

love Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 09:19 PM

Pamela,

So sorry to hear about your husband. A year and a half ago, my husband had a heart attack. It is definitely a hard time. I can not imagine going through that now, with the hysterectomy coming up. My husband had a really bad one and had to have open heart surgery. Talk to his dr. and to yours and then you can determine if you have to put your surgery off a little longer. I will pray for you and your husband. If you ever need someone to talk to email me.

Donna
Unread 01-17-2005, 10:21 PM

Oh dear, I sure hope everything is going to be okay with your DH, and that you won't have to put off your surgery. I am glad that he will be able to come back home soon. Is there anybody else family-wise, or even friends, that can help you and him out? I know it may seem very discouraging right now, but I will keep you both in my prayers and hope that an answer can come to you soon.
Unread 01-18-2005, 06:44 AM

First, I'm so sorry you are going through this right now, and I hope your dh is doing better.

You still have some time before your scheduled surgery, but if you do need to reschedule, I hope it isn't too far out.

In the meantime, try to relax (I know that's much easier said than done -- but I have found : to help in this regard ) and take each day as it comes.

My best to you.
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:12 PM

THanks for all the replies. Seems like I will be going through with it. His dr seemed to believe he will be fine by then.

Donna I can only imagine what that was like. Im so glad they didnt have to do that to him. I stressed enough as it was.

Pamela
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:37 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Take care of yourselves and I will keep you both in my prayers.
Unread 01-19-2005, 01:19 PM

Pamela,

It was very hard. But we made it and he is doing fine now. He was young for a heart attack. 43. His father had a heart attack and open heart surgery in his 50's, so it is in his genes. Plus, he was a heavy smoker. He hasn't smoked since the day of the heart attack. His surgeon told him his heart was "full of smoke". My husband had a heartattack on Fri. and was in ICU until Tues. when the did his surgery. Tough time. I leaned very heavily on my beliefs then (and still do). I'm sure your husband will be fine, just tell him to take care of himself. Eat right, exercise, no smoking and listen to his dr. I guess, that goes for all of us too. I think sometimes it is much easier said then done. lol. Good luck with your surgery.

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register