Tired and Working Full-Time - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tired and Working Full-Time Tired and Working Full-Time

Unread 01-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Tired and Working Full-Time

Carmen & Shelley -
I too work in an elementary school. I am the Medication Monitor - which isn't a huge job. But, I do the lunch room duty for the 1st and 2nd graders and I love to tease them and have fun with them. It's not uncommon to get atleast 5 fierce hugs (around the middle!!) and multiple high fives every lunch. My worry is when I return after being gone. I know their reaction will be to run up and hug me (all at the same time!! lol)...normally I would be thankful for that response. So..my dilemma...how do I tell the kids (in 1st and 2nd grade language) that they can't do that for awhile? I don't want to hurt any of their feelings! But, am also going to try to go back at 4 weeks instead of 6. I like the idea of putting a recliner in your office Carmen!! I have a female principal...thank GOD. Can't imagine my last male principal would be as understanding as she is. She totally doesn't make me feel guilty about all of this. I also think it is good to let your staff see your human side. Good luck to all!! And, try to get rest whenever you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2005, 09:32 PM

Dear Carmen,
You are definitely not a wuss! I have had several complications before and after my TAH & BSO- however I am going on 12 MONTHS of being ABSENT from work!
Definitely let your doctor know. My doctor keeps telling me it is a lot for your body to go through...
because I cannot believe I still have yet to return to work...(I have had 6 surgeries in less then a year and have another scheduled in the nxt couple of weeks) you need rest...let your doctor know. Do not ignore what your body is telling you. You need rest to heal!

Take care and good luck!
Unread 01-19-2005, 10:33 PM

HI Carmen!
Wow, you did go back early! 5 weeks??

I teach second grade and am planning to go back 1/2 days my seventh week and full time from week 8 on. I'm hoping even THAT isn't too early!

Do you have a person in your building that is a principal designee? In my building, I am that person, along with another teacher. When our principal is gone, we deal with any kid problems (not staff issues). Usually our secretary runs interference (she's the BEST!). Our staff knows when the big guy is gone, we need to deall with stuff ourselves.

Can you ask for help (I know it's hard when you're in charge) from your district? Are there other principals that can fill in for you? Maybe you can talk to your Dr. and get written permission to do half days?

You are doing the job I'd like to eventually try my hand at. I've always been told I think like a principal and should pursue it. I took a class this summer and enjoyed it, but not sure if I'm ready for the ultimate responsibility! Could I email or PM you and pick your brain a bit??

Thanks and good luck,
Virginia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2005, 10:42 PM

Hi Again Carmen,
I made it through the first day. I had to tell the kids that my "tummy" was still sore so not to hug me too hard. They were so excited to see me. Luckily it was an early out-inservice day. I could hardly keep my eyes open during inservice (Think Aloud Strategies). So I was home and sound asleep by 5 and now can't get back to sleep at midnight. Tomorrow is a full day with the kids. My sub was such as sweet (past HysterSister) that she traded everyone and did all my recess duties for the week for me on Monday. Wow! Another teacher made us supper and sent it home knowing how tired I would be. Again Wow! But my male Principal never even said a word or a Hi -nothing. So like I said- let your staff see that you are human and that you have good and bad days, too. The women know-or some do!
Shelley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register