Need help with connnnstiiipppaaaationnn!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need help with connnnstiiipppaaaationnn!!! Need help with connnnstiiipppaaaationnn!!!

Unread 01-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Need help with connnnstiiipppaaaationnn!!!

Hi Shrekluv,

I too had constipation. It finally ended today. After tons of crying. I swear I pushed more trying to have a bm than I did during labor for my children. I took 6 Colace stool softners and within 2 hours I had a bowel movement. I was taking 2 aday since I was released from the castle but it didn't do much. I even ate icecream and a steak and cheese sub that usually is my instant metamucil and it didn't budge the cement wall sorta speak I had. My recommendation is tons of warm water with a lemon.. Yuk!!! I know and 6 colace.. It did it for me....

Good Luck!!!!

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Lets get you going!

I have IBS with constipation and have had two C-sections and knew that I was going to be in for it so I planned ahead and it really worked for me.

1 stool softner a day

two Fibercons a day

Oatmeal once a day

1 cup Hot tea (or water if you dont like tea) once a day

Two teaspoons Bran
Two teaspoons applesauce
Two teaspoons prune juice
mix together and eat (suprisingly tasty)
This is what nurses give bedridden people to keep them regular, every nurse I speak to swears by it...and now so do I!

I had no problem having my first BM and have been regular ever since!

Good Luck
Lisa
Unread 01-18-2005, 11:02 PM

Popcorn helped me!

Also...check out this thread talking about vitamin supplements.
surferbabe has some good info. about taking iron supplements.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=166737

If I were you, I would have my doc check my iron level often while taking the supplements. Of course always follow your doctors orders. But you can also request tests from your doctor.

Good luck with the "movements!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 11:45 PM

Grapes & Apple juice w/ breakfast as well as walking after I eat and massaging my outter thighs (in a circular motion) as I walk works for me
Unread 01-19-2005, 05:30 AM
re constipation

Hi, I too had a problem with this, because I had to take iron tabs for a month after surgery!! My doctor gave me "lactulose" tastes very sweet, like honey. It did give me wind, but did the trick!! I live at the top of a very steep hill, so could not walk ouside much, in the beginning, but I walked round and round the house and up and down stairs, timing it every day, a few mins more each time. I also eat prunes with breakfast every day. You have to drink lots of water, for the fibre in your system to work!!! lactulose, did givve lots of wind and swelly belly, but that was helped by walking. I am 13 weeks down the line now. Good luck!!!!!

Best wishes Barbara aka celtic lady xx
Unread 01-19-2005, 06:58 AM

Do be very careful when using Dieter's Teas! I have read and heard a few years ago that there has been several deaths related to the teas when they were a new craze in dieting. It can mess up your electrolytes and cause severe dehydration in a very short time. They are very dangerous to some people. Like one of the post said, make it very light tea the first time and gradually build up. I have personally tried it afew years ago and it causes severe abdominal cramping that I could not stand with me.

Boneta

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register