Basketball Game? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Basketball Game? Basketball Game?

Unread 01-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Basketball Game?

I am scheduled for SAH/BSO on February 3rd. My family
and me of course want to attend a basketball game on February 23rd. Would this be to soon for me to go to a game (3 wks post-op) and sit for a couple of hours? I would be sitting on aluminum benches. Should I bring a pillow to sit on? I know by three weeks I will want to get out of the house! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Basketball Game?

Dear NYWoman,
I was going to my sons Basketball games at 3 weeks. Its up to you and how you feel at the time. A day or two before game day you should have your answer. Are you able to sit up right? How about walking to and from the game site from the parking lot? Some of us were up to it, and others not. We all recover at diffrent rates. I couldnt believe seeing posts here where some were walking miles days after their surgery.
Good luck and take things a day at a time.
Katlyn123
Unread 01-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Basketball Game?

My daughters are both great BB players and I hate to miss a game. I started at 2 1/2 weeks. Here were my secrets. Take a seat to sit in- soft bottom and back support needed. I have one that folds. If they have backs on their chairs, take a folded soft towel. Make sure that you take a bathroom break at half. Careful walking up and down the bleachers with shaky legs!!
Stand at every time out and quarter. Standing alot will really help!!! Take in a water bottle. Take some Tylenol before and after. Don't stay for two games-try only one the first time.
Oh and plan for a long day of sleep the next day! Hope you enjoy yourself!!!
Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Basketball Game?

My son and daughter play basketball and I have MISSED it soooo much!

At three weeks post op, I tried sitting on the benches and hard chairs and lasted about twenty minutes. Very uncomfortable in the pelvic area and back!!

But, like we say here at Hyster-Sisters...everyone's recovery is different. Some run a mile three weeks post op, some crawl.

You could try sitting up at home on a hard chair closer to the basketball date. See how long you last. A pillow may help, but I found gravity was my worst enemy.

Good luck!

Sarah
Unread 01-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Basketball Game?

Thanks ladies for the information. I hope my recovery will be a smooth one...
Unread 01-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Basketball Game?

I had a TVH and I started going to my daughters BB games the day I came home from the hospital. I took something for pain, brought a soft cushion to sit on, and had drop-off/pick-up service by DH. My car seats recline so I could "lay down" on the way to the game. I rested before we left for the game and the next day. I wore the elastic support hose they gave me in the hospital and walked around between the periods. However, I have an extremely supportive family and they really took care of me so that I could enjoy/participate in the things that were important to me--they took care of everything else.
Colleen
Unread 01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Basketball Game?

I took a folding chair to my son's football games, and a pillow. And a blanket (but then, they are outside). This was one week after surgery, and I had a neighbor drive me there and back. I found that if I got up and stood off and on, it helped.
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Basketball Game?

Hi, I had the same surgery as you last Dec. I attended my son's high school basketball games starting at about 3 weeks. I didn't bring a soft blanket or thin cushion to sit on the first time I went, but I wish I did. Those bleachers feel so hard! I also had to sit in the first few rows, had trouble walking up the bleachers if they didn't have a built in staircase.

Good luck!

Belle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register