Had U/S looks like I still have my UTERUS!!!!!????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had U/S looks like I still have my UTERUS!!!!!????? Had U/S looks like I still have my UTERUS!!!!!?????

Unread 01-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Had U/S looks like I still have my UTERUS!!!!!?????

This is beyond strange, I had a hyst May 2004. I have ovarian remnant syndrome, but with yesterday's u/s they are seeing what looks like my uterus. Now, we know it is not a uterus. But what could it be?I will talk to on gyn/onc tomorrow. I just spoke with my regular gyn, and she does not have a clue!! I am in more pain then ever, my back and my left side hurt like I cannot say. I am a royal ^@#*!, all I can do is scream and cry. It is not my kidney I can tell that pain. So, I am glad of that. But I cannot imagine what this could be. DH, although usually very supportive, has shut down. He is turning inward, and I really am feeling alone. Our dog died last Tuesday and our bird died today. I am so greived and in pain, I cannot think straight, nor do I want to.
Thank you for the vent and any ideas about what this could be! BTW has anyone used morphine patches before? If on them are you totally gone, or can you still function at all?
Blessings to all,
Carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 05:41 PM

I feel so sorry for you Carrie

I have no idea what it could be. A lapro would probably be the only way of telling for sure. I hope you get answers at your appt.
I too lost a beloved dog during my recovery. Our kitten also died the same day, so I know exactly how you feel. They truly do feel like a family member and to grieve is totally normal.
I hope you feel better soon. I will be thinking of you.
Peggy
Unread 01-18-2005, 05:46 PM

Thank you, I am just beyond confused! Unfortuantely they have to do a laporotomy not a lap, as I have too many adhesions!
Thank you for understanding about the pets. I have just had it, I am so drained.
Carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 10:05 PM

Oh Carrie, I was just reading a post that seems it may be the same thing you are experiencing. Now I can't find it again. Perhaps if you searched...?? The post er said that she has what looks to be a "cyst "or "blood clot " that has developed where the uterus used to be. I think her doctor even had the technical term for it. I will try to find that post again for you.
So sorry for the loss to your family!
Sandy
Unread 01-18-2005, 10:39 PM

Sandy, thank you. I tried to find what you were talking about but too many posts came up.
It is strange, because it looks like I have two ovaries, right where they are supposed to be if I had not had a BSO!! And a uterus. The doctors do not think it is a cyst. I have a cyst on my left kidney and my left ovary as well. It is even more confusing because before surgery I only had 1/2 of on ovary on my right and 1/4 on the left, no tubes, all this was removed do to endo years before.
I am just beside myself...
Thank you for the condolences, I just am beat!
Carrie
Unread 01-19-2005, 05:13 AM

Carrie
I'm sorry to hear about all your problems. I don't know what the u/s could be showing. I do hope you're able to talk with your doctor today.

I've been on the morphine (duragesic) patch for quite some time now. It does NOT make me loopy or feel drugged. I carry on as I always have. I chose the patch as I have many stomach problems and have a hard time taking most pain meds.

Unread 01-19-2005, 06:58 AM

Carrie,
I felt my heart sink as I read your post. I am sorry that you are having this difficulty...I wish I could help you there, but I have no clue..please let us know what the doc says.
I am also truly sorry about the loss of your dog and bird. I treat my dogs as they are my children and when they have passed, it is like the passing of a family member...I can totally understand yourloss.
Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going.
Unread 01-19-2005, 08:53 AM

Carrie:

First, I am sorry for the loss of your beloved pets. Seems you are being quite understanding about DHs overload. I wish he could be there for you in the way you need him to be.

I wonder, could it be a rather large endometrioma? Have you had endometriomas as part of your endo experience? I have not, mine have all been the implant type of endo... well, so far. Could also be a hematoma and I think that's what ((Sandy)) was talking about.

Do keep us posted. We do care and we won't shut down on you!
Unread 01-19-2005, 10:19 AM

To all you wonderful women
I would be lost without this site!!
Kim, that is a relief about the morphine patch! My DH was freaking out about the side effects, as I homeschool or special needs son and I cannot be drugged.
Marian, it is wonderful to know how many women really understand about my stress over the loss of my feather and fur babies.
Michelle, I have had endometriomas in the past but all were on my ovaries. But that will be something I will ask my Drs today, thank you!
As soon as I hear anything I will let you all know!!
Be blessed,
Carrie
Unread 01-19-2005, 02:33 PM

Dear Carrie...

First let me send you many S S I am so sorry for the loss of your fur and feather babies. They truly do become a part of the family.

I will keep you in my prayers and please do let us know what your dr's have to say...Here's another

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register