What's your pets name and why? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 07-27-2005, 03:24 PM
What's your pets name and why?

My dogs are Molly and Dylan . GSP's. Dylan is named after Bob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2005, 07:20 PM

My Poodle and Yorkie had one little boy. He is the coolest puppy I've known yet. He even paper trained himself at four weeks. He is black and round with a fat little tail so I named him Tadpole.
Unread 08-01-2005, 06:57 AM

I believe you let every animal basically name themselves.

We have 2 Papillons that run our home. lol

Little Man (Manney)
When I brought him home he was all of 1 lb 6 oz. He had this thing for humping my husbands arm. Also my husband has size 14 feet. This little thing was running around the house dragging my husband shoe with him. I started laughing and said, "Look at him with his little mannish self. Thats what we should name him. Little Man and call him Manney for short." We decided to sleep on it but I woke up at 5am without hubby in the bed and found him laying on the floor playing with "Manney....come here bud."

Then there is "Sassey Girl"
My daughter found her. She didn't know we had bought her. When we brought her home she staked claim on her. It was made even more so as the 1 lb 7 oz little girl took control of our now 5 lb little man. Our daughter laughed saying, "Look. She's has an attitude just like me. She's sassy. That's her name mom....Sassey Girl." And it has been that ever since.

We are planning on breeding the 2 of them early next year. The discussion has already started on what to name the pups and how many we will keep or sell. My Dh lovingly reminds our 2 DD that mommy believes the pups name themselves.

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2005, 07:02 AM

My female shih tzu was originally named Precious. But we kept calling her "boota, boota". So we "legally" changed her name to "Buddha". I have a male shih tzu named Peanut, nicknamed "Schnookie", a rat terrier named Dixie, and a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog (blue merle) named Cindy (short for Cinderella).
Unread 08-02-2005, 08:13 AM

Our 18 yr old tortie is named Jonesy. We got her from the local spca 17 years ago.

We picked the name before we got her .. the cat in the movie Alien. The plan was to get an orange tabby, but my dh saw this little girl and picked her instead. She's been our baby ever since.

Nita
Unread 08-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Pet Names(long)

I am so glad to see I'm not the only crazy person out there. I'll start with oldest to youngest. Cats first.
Sylvester(Sly)looks like Sylvester from cartoons10yrs., Lynx-looks like a wild lynx,10 yrs.,Sheba-queen of the house,rules everyone, age unknown, all black, Sonya,tabby with while feet,6 yrs.,Sybill, siamese mix, stray-thought was female,but was already snorfleed, was crazy at first. He would come up to you wanting to be petted, purring then would attack you for no reason.(hence the name), Turtle dilute torti, stray, age unknown, looks like the candy pecan turtles,
She showed up with 6 wild kittens. only 2 survived. Flash, he ran from everyone, Patches, his sister also dilute torti. 1 1/2 years. Feral never able to tame. Getting ready to live trap to snorfle and snorfle. Patches has 2 kittens Onyx and Blue. Not sure of gender born May 1. Turtle has 3 kittens born April 3. Ty- orange tabby, Cleo, all grey, and Star, looks like her mama dilute torti with an orange spot on forehead.
Now for the dogs. Bandit rescued from shelter. Had been abandoned by owners while in quarantine for biting a man who was messing with her pups. 6 yrs. White with mask on face. Shyenne, named by son. Call him Shye which he is not. Adopted him in Dec 2001 as a 7.5 lb. 5 week old pup. I had a rottie who was poisoned Oct. 2000. My best friend went to the shelter and pre paid adoption fee as a Christmas gift so whenever I was ready for another dog I just had to wait for the right one to find me. Shye is an anatolian and lab mix we're pretty sure. Now weighs 95 lbs. and is the 2nd child I'll never have. He goes everywhere with me. Loki is another stray. Came to us a starved, wormy, mange covered, flea and tick infested mess of a puppy. He had sores all over him, virtually no fur, and was so bloated he looked like he was going to bust. He was so malnutritioned his front legs were deformed. We had to splint one for 5 weeks so the ligaments could heal. It would buckle when he even tried to maintain a sitting position. My son was into mythology and decided to name him after the Norse god of mischief. How fitting. And our newest canine addition, who was only to be a foster until the rescue could get a spot for him at Petsmart. Puck. We met Puck on some property friend bought. He had been abandoned by previous owners along with a starved rottie who died before we could get her rescued. She was very aggressive. Puck would come out of the woods when I would go to feed them. Named after Puck from midsummer nights dream. He is black cocker mix. At first only his face looked cocker, but in 7 months on Nutro lamb and rice his coat is beautiful and shiny. He is getting a cocker cut at the groomers soon. He looks like a black dust mop. When we first brought him home he would sit in the middle of the room and not move. for hours. wherever I put him that's where he stayed. After 4-5 weeks he blossomed into a new dog. It was amazing. He fit in with the other animals so well, housetrained well. I couldn't bear to send him back to being in a cage until someone adopted him. So we did!
Unread 08-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Sada Mae

My grandmother on my mothers side she past when I was 6 years old really never got to know her.

My Sada is a shipperkee.
Unread 08-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Bailey

I named my cat Bailey (for Bailey's Irish Cream)! She has a brown nose and looks like she dipped it in a nice after-dinner drink or a latte. She is a black and gray tiger kitty and she is a character. The first time she actually laid on my chest and purred was when I came home from the hospital in January. I will never forget it, she knew I really needed the extra love. Why are pets so smart?

Unread 08-09-2005, 10:42 AM

A little chihuahua named Oscar for Oscar Mayer, we were driving home and my dh picked him out and I said you had to name him and jokingly said Oscar since he was little like a hot dog and the name stuck.
Chris
Unread 08-10-2005, 06:27 PM

We named our new golden retriever pup, "Sophie", which in greek terms means "wisdom". She surely is a wise and sweet little girl.

When we adopted our kitty last year we named him "Oliver". We got him from an animal "orphanage" ie. "Oliver" as in Oliver Twist.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register