What's your pets name and why? - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 12-03-2005, 06:13 AM
What's your pets name and why?

We have 2 tabby kittens!
Spaz-well I think that name speaks for its self...this kitten is so wild and acts more like a dang rabbit jumping all around like she does!
Smalls-that one too explains for its self...she was the baby of the bunch (i call her boots or even paws, bcuz she has white paws)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2005, 12:04 PM

I have 4 cats...one cat is sitting on God's lap.
1. Jaguar (boy) - Manx (no tail) dark brown, but looks black
2. Pixel (girl) - beautiful little light colored torti - sitting on God's lap since Oct 8, 2004
3. Shadow (boy) - big black cat with gold eyes. If he is looking out the window at night and I see him, all you can see are his gold eyes...like on the cartoons...spooky eyes in the window. ha ha
4. Alli (girl) - Torti, she is such a sweet long haired girl who weighs a little bit too much
5. Bean (girl) - Grey Tiger who owns the house we live in. We got her from a rescue shelter.
Unread 12-09-2005, 08:29 AM
For the birds

We have had many birds over the years. I'm allergic to cats and dogs, but wanted a pet so birds were it.

Started with a parakeet and the obvious name of Pete.
Then a cockatiel named Moppit, because I was always mopping up seeds etc.
The Orangewing Amazon Parrot named Socrates for his curiosity.
The Moluccan Cockatoo named Curly because he would go Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk just like the stooges.

Then we shrunk back down to parakeets again.
There was Spot because of his cheek spots. (Sons idea)
Then Dot joined Spot. Spot passed away and we then got Tot. Along came Hot and then Not. Kids idea again.

And currently we are back to another Pete the Parakeet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2005, 05:50 PM

We have 3 cats and 4 dogs. They are all mutts and all but 2 were strays.

The cats (all female) are Alex, Bailey and Megan. The female dogs are Kari (black lab X), Emma (husky X)and Zeke (golden retriever X). The lone male dog (other than my DH) is Max(collie X), because we exceeded our legal limit for dogs.

My friend always wanted a beagle. She ended up with an old english sheepdog which she named Nab - Not A Beagle. She got a second old english sheepdog which she named Jas - Just Another Sheepdog. She loves them both and would never trade for a beagle.
Unread 12-10-2005, 05:52 PM

I just got a new cat. I had at first named him Smokey, but after getting to know him for a week, I decided to name him Shadow instead. He is always pressed up against my leg when I'm trying to walk (and he's grey and white, so Shadow is a good name for him.)
Unread 12-10-2005, 06:35 PM

We have two Cats,
Our ten year old cat is named Bear. My husband is retired Green beret and gave me a little teddy bear in a Green Beret uniform to keep me company when I traveled for work. He did his last round with active duty in Panama for nine months and that's when I got Bear, a flame point Siamese, to keep me company. We've had him ever since. Our seven year old cat is Cougar, our daughter originaly wanted to call this little white cat with one yellow eye and one blue eye Yoda, but he would make these wild cat noises if you got too close to him when he was eating or had a toy. He still makes Cougar noises!
Unread 12-11-2005, 02:28 PM

Cat, Leia (full name Princess Leia Organa Solo): Obviously named her after Star Wars, LOL.

Cat, Scully (full name Agent Scully): Named this beautiful purebred Himalayan after Agent Dana Scully from XFiles. I know, we're geeks!!

Beta Fish, Thomas: Named by my 3 year old son for Thomas the Tank Engine.
Unread 12-12-2005, 03:20 PM

We just brought home two adorable 5 month old Siamese seal point kittens, a girl and a boy.

The girl's name is Cricket - because her voice is a little chirp, she jumps very high at times, sometimes hides under things, and we can also call her Cricket Bat when she tackles the boy kitten - POW!

We haven't thought of the perfect name for the boy yet. My DH wants to call him Bagpipe (cause he has a very loud voice that sounds like that), or Sir Licks-a-lot.

I think Sir Licks-a-lot will be his "private" name.
Unread 12-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Sebastian and Sasha

Sebastian is my 7 year old Siberian Husky mix. He was more dignified than the other puppies in the litter - would wait for the others to finish the rough play, and then come out when they slowed down. He was named after a British butler in a sit com from years before.

Sasha is my nearly 2 year old cat. I've only had him about 4 months; one of my sons called and said if I didn't take him, he'd be put to sleep. I don't know where his name came from.
Unread 12-13-2005, 09:28 AM

We just rescued a small long haired grey famale kitten.

He real name is Nicole, I wouldn't let DH give her a descriptioin for a name, that's a "pet" peeve of mine (growing up on a farm, my little bother always names them Fluffy, Brownie, Boots etc. I think they should have names, people aren't named Ugly, Fat, Big Ears, pets shouldn't either.) I call her Cole and DH calls her "The Little One." As you can see I didn't completely get my way, he's still calling her a description and he's got me calling her that too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register