What's your pets name and why? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 01-19-2005, 02:50 PM
What's your pets name and why?

We have a cat named Luna because we got her from a shelter on a night with a full moon.

And our lovely lab/shep mix named Chloe because of her beautiful long lean legs and the name I would have chose if we had a baby girl...too late for me now! Oh, we call her pasta-girl because as a pup my mother (who is afraid of big dogs) would feed her pasta, needless to say they are great friends now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2005, 03:05 PM

I have Panda Bear - old English Sheepdog mix. Looked like a little panda when we got her.
Roadie- a rhodesian ridgeback, just seemed like his name.
Patches - rat terrier/ fox terrier mix. He has patches of color on him.
Claire - cairn terrier/shih tzu mix. I don't know but it is the only pretty thing about her.
Zuki - japanese Chin. got him after I had to put my pom Harley to sleep for congestive heart failure. Since he is a japanese chin we went with Suzuki this time. Zuki for short.
Sadie - peekapoo. Dumped on us covered in mats and grass seeds grown into her skin.
Lady- border collie just seemed to fit.
Lola- black and tan coonhound Seemed like a good southern name.

We have quite a crew huh?
Christy
Unread 01-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Pets Names

Hi! I have four miniature schnauzers (my children) and they are my pride and joy!! Their names are..
1. Schatzi (female) - German meaning little darlling
2. Hagrid (male)- from Harry Potter
3. Hermione (female)- from Harry Potter
4. Weasley (male)- from Harry Potter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Pets

Blaze- black and white Newfy- named because she has a white blaze on her nose.
Rocket - golden retriever - named because my husband wanted a dog that would be fast in obedience trials.
Laddie - sheltie - looks like Lassie - but male.
Angel - black & white sheltie - called angel by my daughter.
Misti - pomapoo - named by other daughter
Dagit - black lab canine working companion in training - named after a character in a cartoon called angry beavers? I didn't name him.

Pepper - African grey parrot

and newly adopted kitten named Izzie - short for Isabel.
Whew.... can you tell we love animals also?
Pat
Unread 01-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Talking - What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

[size=large]Jada, (Boxer/Rotwiler, 3yrs). We got her from our former neighbor when she was eight months and that was the name my former neighbor gave her. Julie, (Lab mix, 1yr six months). Julie was a stray. She was in our front yard. We tried to find who owned her. No one claimed her. I named her after my dad. My dad's name was Julian. And some of his friends called my dad Julie. And naming Julie after my dad, is in remembrance of him[/size]

Unread 01-19-2005, 10:50 PM

My lovable cat is named Alexander, because he was 7 when we adopted him, and we didn't think it fair to change his name. But he only answers to Alex, and he comes everytime he's called.
Unread 01-19-2005, 11:17 PM

I've got a Yorkie named Phoenix. Cause I had a pom I loved dearly. My mother's toy poodle one day, in one second, in one bite, not a sound made, no more than ten feet from me, broke his neck. I was devastated! I needed my nest filled asap. Looked in the news paper, there were Yorkie puppies. I got one and called him Phoenix after the great fictional bird that rose out of the ashes of devastation, something good! I now love him different but just as much as my little pom.

we've also got a poodle. A little pure red female sweetheart. So I named her Lucille. After the one and only red headed Lucille Ball. When I clip her hair I can't resist. I roll up her hair into a ball between my fingers and exclaim to DH, Here's a Lucille Ball! He laughed the first time. I laugh everytime!

I also have a female Yorkie named Mickey after my best friend I ever had now 14 years gone.

We also have three other Yorkies named Diehlia, Sadie and Abbigail simply because we like those names. And a Chineese Crested Powderpuff named Holly because we like that name too.
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:39 AM

Wow!!! I'm glad I'm not the only animal crazy person in the world. We also have 7 cats and a horse, 2 goats 5 guinea pigs and assorted reptiles and a bird. My house is the zoo!!!! The cats are Merlin, Shibby, Gremlin, Frazier, Frisky, Latte and Jamie. The horse is Mousie and the rest don't come when called. Have a great day. Christy
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:44 PM

We have one dog and two cats.

Ash is the name of our dog. DH and I are both firefighters and will be training Ash for search and rescue/cadaver search. We were going towards Blaze, ect. but we settled on Ash instead. My dad calls her Cinders and so we promised that if we got another dog, we would name it Cinders for him.

Next we have Ciara. She is part Main Coon and very beautiful. A pretty name for a pretty animal. Her eyes are so glamorous and the name fit so well.

And last but not least, we have Katie. She is a diluted calico. Katie is a delicate thing and her name fit perfectly with her.
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:36 PM

We have one Dog, and DH named her. She is a doberman/begal (we think) mix, she has all the markings of a doberman, but her fur on her tummy is really course & she likes to howl some times, she weighs about 35 pounds.

DH named her Dakota - after Dodge Dakota. He is a big dodge fan.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register