What's your pets name and why? - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 04-01-2006, 01:28 PM
What's your pets name and why?

Fletcher -- wheaten cairn terrier we adopted when he was 2. He's now 6. His full name is Buster Fletcher... previous owner called him Buster. We liked Fletcher better. My sister said he wouldn't mind changing... she said, "new home, new name."

We just adopted a 3 year old (black)Scottish Terrier named Scotty. Since he's 3, I don't have the heart to rename him, though we'd love to have something more original. We've tagged him Scotty McDougal, though, and call him Mr. Scott. He's very sweet. We don't have papers on him, he was a lost dog rescued by the Fairy Dogmother (http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/AL165.html.

We lost our 15 year old cairn, Spanky McFarland, in Oct 05... and wanted Fletcher to have another companion. We got Fletcher when Spanky was 12 and his brother & littermate, Murphy McGee died. We had Spanky & Murphy from puppies, and miss them very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Pet Names

Ms. Casey Shea. Named after no one, she's an original. Ms. says it all. She has a middle name (Shea) for when she's in trouble. Casey is a border collie/australian shepherd mix. She "followed" my son home from a carnival when he was in 6th grade. He's a Junior in college now....and the silly man child thinks it's still his dog! Go figure

Max. Or Maxi. Beautiful white cat. The only cat I've ever loved. Another original.

Callie. A calico rescue. (because of Max, I'm giving another cat the chance at the ultimate home!) Someone dumped her after going to the trouble of having her snorfleed and declawed. Some people are so heartless. She was not quite a year old when we found her and was nearly starved. Anyway, she shows our lack of creativity picking names. We wanted to call her Erma (Max & Erma). But she's just not an Erma!
Unread 04-01-2006, 05:21 PM

I have four dogs and a cat.
Goobie doo-- named by my granddaughter who couldnt say scooby
he is a180lb rottie mix
cassie--- we rescued from the shelter, was already named
she to is a rottie mix
bj--- was named after bj honeycutt from mash he is a collie
toby----dh named him and dont know where he got the name
he is a pom
miss kitty--- a stray that found us,, I named her that, because
she is very prissy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2006, 06:51 AM

Peaches -- my older beagle. She's from Georgia.......so she's a Georgia Peach........

Brandy -- my younger beagle. She was a year old when we got her, had already been thru a couple of homes (including a stint with the Beagle Brigade) and had been renamed 3 times already..........I'm not crazy about the name, but didn't have the heart to change it when it seemed like she'd just gotten used to it when we got her.

There are pics of both my adorable 4-legged-furry kids in my photo gallery!!

Ann
Unread 04-02-2006, 10:52 AM

My beagle 11 yrs -Russel, My husband wanted to name a boy Russel

Griffin lab/golden mix 2 yrshe was named by The Seeing Eye.We raised him for them and he did not make it through the program and we adopted him back

2 Cats Zoe 4 yrsbut listens to Princessa

Buttercup 3 yrs-named from the cobra from Master of Disguess acts like a cobra .Can be very sweet like butter but he is The Great Hunter/Killer.

And my Pickles 17 yrs(cat) do not remember where the name came from. I unfurtunately had to put him down in Jan.

Unread 04-02-2006, 05:49 PM

Tess-she is a minpin.We adopted her yesterday and thats what her name was.She is so cute and sweet.
Unread 04-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Smile - What's your pets name and why? Pets name

We have two boys - golden retrievers.

Mr. Reilly - because we have an Irish theme - he was our fifth golden - he's 5
McGinty Magoo - My Irish mother-in-law would use that term if my husband or one of his brothers was being a goof ball - the name fits him very well!! He is 3.5 yrs old.

They are the best of buddies!!
Maggie Mae

sah due to fibroids/heavy bleeding/anemia
Unread 04-04-2006, 09:24 AM

We have a new doggy. Well, she's actually been with us 3 wks now. Her name is

Silver - She's a beautiful Black/Silver German Shephard/Husky mix.

Our cat is named "Max" because that was easy for my son to say at the time we got the cat.

I am SOOOOO glad my hubby is adjusting to being a doggy-daddy. He never had one and seems like Silver is twining her way around his heart
Unread 04-05-2006, 05:12 PM
The Proulx (pronounced prew) Zoo

Pepper - Lhasa Apso (11 y.o. this year) because she was salt and pepper look when I bought her (now that she's shaved she's white and everyone asks why she's named Pepper....Pretty funny.

Hershey - Chocolate Lab (11 mos old).....no need to explain

Jewel - Himalayan cat (7 y.o.) because we lived on Jewel Drive when we got her and she looks like a million bucks.

Scratch - Black and white Teddy Bear Hamster (should be named "cow")- she was scratching in the box when we brought her home.

Princess - Blue and white parakeet (male)....my 4 y.o. is obsessed with princesses

Margarita - Quaker Parrot - I want her to say "wanna margarita?" and will say her song is Margaritaville

Kya - African Grey Parrot - she cost a fortune and Kya stands for "Diamond in the Sky" in africa....

Unread 04-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Smile - What's your pets name and why? Pet's name

My pet is named Baby, he is a Chihuahua, normal size. he is brown with light tan markings and he is the cutest thing...he bosses me and my DH around and for some reason he likes to herd us to where he thinks we should go next.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register