What's your pets name and why? - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
What's your pets name and why?

"KITTY-DOG KAU" (sounds like Cow)
he's our beloved cat, who acts like a dog and happens to have a Hawaiian last name (our family name) which also sounds like "cow".
the vet clinic thinks it's hilarious. we didn't realize how it sounded until it was too late!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2006, 07:08 AM

Bambino my little chi-pin mix when he 6 weeks old he sat in the palm of my hand. I call him Beenie for short. what a doll!
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:23 PM

My cats are Luc Moustache because he is grey and white with a grey mustache over his lip and Duke (actually le Duc de Normandie), but not everyone gets that...so we call them Duke and Luc. They are people in cat bodies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 09:44 AM

Oooo, a chance to talk about my pets! I love them!

Let's see...there's

Karma (beagle/bassett/whippet mix we think): at animal rescue she had the the name Hannah Banana but we decided she needed a new name. Karma came to us when we considered her sad history and the fact that she was still a sweet, happy, albeit anxious, dog. We figured she must have good karma. Various nicknames: Karma-girl, pretty-girl,

Chief (beagle mix): My husband named him. He calls everyone chief including an old car we have. He really wanted to name a pet with that name so there we go. It suits Chief well. Various nicknames: Bubby, bubbs, Chiefy, Chiefy Chief, Chief Chief, Chiefy Chief Chief...

4 kitties:
Anakin & Squeeker came with those names. I'm not sure about Anankin but Squeeker really does squeek. Varies nicknames: Anakin- Anabuddy, Love bug, snuggle bug, anamanakana. Squeeker: Squeeks, Squeeky, miss thang

Romeo & baby: Romeo is a love and a half. I swear he would velcro himself to you if he could. Baby got his name because he was Romeo's baby (literally). I wasn't having a creative moment as far as names go I guess.

Anyway, great topic. I'm always up for talking about my pets.
Unread 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Pet name

Matlock Valentine, my Labrador, Matlock is after the first holiday dh and I had together and Valentine because she was my birthday present and its on Valentines day, we call her Mattie.
Unread 05-23-2006, 11:48 AM

Hi. I have a chihuahua that is two years old and weighs about 5lbs 14oz. His name is Mr Filmore and he is so spoiled. He is like my little shadow always there with me and someone to listen when i need to talk. He loves to play with his tennis ball, stuffed bear, and sleep under the sheets. He is quite lazy... wouldn't trade him for the world!
Unread 05-24-2006, 03:21 PM

I have 2 Jack Russel Terriers: King Duncan (Shakespeare's MacBeth) and Friar Tuck (Robin Hood).

I also have a standard Poodle female pup (6 months old). Her name is Lady Isabel and we call her Izzie!

I have really enjoyed seeing all these pet names!
Unread 05-26-2006, 12:54 AM

I have three babies that meow - one girl and two boys who sign all mail as "P and the Boyz"

Brass is the oldest - a retired Grand Champion (woo woo) showcat - he is an ocicat and his full name is Wild Rain Ocicats The Brass Ring - but he answers to Brassolina

Ziggy is the middle kid - a beautiful dark sable Burmese with fur that is softer than silk. his nicknames are Zig & Zigmond

Peanut is our pound rescue tortie DSH - She is the Diva of the house and her nicknames are P and Princess P
Unread 05-26-2006, 12:59 AM

Ok sisters, you asked for it lol
We have a BEAUTIFUL Rottie whos name is Mama Cass (she was actually named before we got her cause she was the chubbiest of the litter lol). we have 3 cats, Chelsea,Abby & Tammy. AND being on a lifestyle block we have 9 goats. Henry (my fav and he is a wether) Midget,Kath,Kim & Eboney (all 9 months old) Weeza,Jenny,Sarah & Phebe
Unread 05-26-2006, 03:01 AM

Let's see...where to start...

Sasha - the german shepard mix. Picture a rottie with long collie fur and that's her. She was named Sophie at the humane society, but we already had a hamster named Sophie (ok so I snuck one non-current pet in) so somehow we got Sasha.

Midnyte - all black cat who is turning brown. She was originally adopted with her sister Raven (they had different names too) but they kinda stopped getting along so Raven went to live with a good friend of mine when I moved. Both were named for their color.

Moo - black and white cat. Named by my husband who thought the names *I* had come up with to at that point (pets not listed) were "boring and corny"

Patches - multicolored cat named by the rescue group. She started out as a foster but I haven't had contact w/ her group for a few months now. She's also been called Splatches for her tendency to try to jump through windows that may or may not be open and Cuddles since she likes to wait until your finally asleep before coming up and cuddling with your face. DH has called her other things that I can't put in print

Romeo (pronounced ro-may-o ) and Gimpy - Romeo is a standard grey male cockatiel and Gimpy is a female pied cockatiel. Gimpy was dumped at a vet's office and made her way to me with a bum leg. She's fine now and doesn't limp - another DH name. Romeo was named because he is constantly trying to court Gimpy (who's only interest is what's in the food dish and WHEN is she getting more millet). We say it funny cuz my DD won't call him RomEo until, "He can romance her right!"

We also have a ton of fish, most called various forms of "Blubby". My one beta is called Hopper cuz he likes to jump for his food and our one gourami is called Psycho cuz he likes to swim in circles around a certain fake plant. (It's the plant, I've moved it around the tank and he always seems to find it and start this swimming laps around it.)

I should note that DH says I have an uncanny ability to choose animals that are "not right in the head". My response is always "I picked you didn't I?" to which he says, "Exactly!" Not sure what that means, but figured I'd toss it out there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register