What's your pets name and why? - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 06-13-2006, 07:55 AM
What's your pets name and why?

I have two cats, Milo & Otis. My dear Kimba (after Kimba the white lion) had to be put to sleep at 19 years old in October of 2004. I was so depressed, so lonely. I went and found Milo, a little gray ball of fur. He was precious. He needed a playmate. We wanted a dog named Otis (after the movie) to go with our Milo. Well, DH and I couldn't agree on what type of dog to get. I wanted a small dog and he wanted a big dog and we don't have a fenced in yard. Anyway, Milo really needed a playmate as he was tearing up my arms! We found Otis, our little yellow tabby polydactyl kitty. He was the funniest looking kitten I ever saw. He is the most precious cat now. They both are. They are such a godsend to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM

good to know I'm not the only nut, uhm, I mean animal nut out there. I currently have seven hairy children.
Sasha--calico cat --got her when I had my German Shepherd, Sebastian--couldn't think of a German female name so went Russian which led to

Nikita, Leo and Alexei--three brothers, one s/h orange tabby and the other two orange and white long hairs. Went to vet's to get one kitten and came home with all of them because dh couldn't bear to split them up.

Breezy--pointer/border collie mix aka couch potato, we adopted from a rescue and came with his name.

Badger--black lab mix, suckered into taking from vet when I mentioned Breezy needed a friend. He's a real sweetie and also came with his name.

Bella--rottie that showed up in garage 4 days pre-op hyst with severe hip dysplasia and in heat. Had her hyst and hip surgery while I recovered from my hyst and of course recovered faster and better than I did. Named her Bella because she's so beautiful inside and out. She was with me night and day for six weeks and completely spoiled. She's adjusting well to my being back to work now that she can romp and play with the boys.

I do get the "sucker" discount at the vet for taking in so many of their foundlings. I totally understand about being cautious with the dogs after surgery, but mine sensed something and never did jump on me.

Goulaigan--how about Iroquois and Navajo? Are you doing rescue or breeding? Sounds like you like the zoo life as much as I do.
Unread 06-13-2006, 08:16 PM

ashrn -

We are registered breeders, my dh is also into field trials, hunt tests, showing, obiedience. But they are all our babies. When we do have a breeding I find it very hard when the puppies go to their new homes even though we keep one now and again. My ds calls me a sucky baby. But we still keep in touch with the new owners. We have had to rescue one of the pups due to neglect.
Thanks for the ideas- keep them coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 09:40 PM

Paisley-Westie puppy...named after one of my favorite patterns.

Dottie ShihTzu puppy...named after my other favorite pattern.

Mamasita-Manx kitty...we rescued her, and that is the name she was giving...we liked it so much we kept it.

Zero-Black kitty...daughter's cat, she named it after a song.
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Added Another Dog

Hi all. I've posted in this thread before, but I'm happy to announce we've gotten a second dog. She's a rescue. We found her on petfinders.com hope I can say that here. We traveled from Michigan to Indiana to get our little Allee. She's a longhaired miniature; black, white and some tan. She's probably a mix, the vet thinks maybe with a sheltie. She's adorable. She joins our other miniature smooth red haired Schnappsie and our parakeet "Dicky-Bird". My surgery was October 2005 I'm doing great! Take care everyone. I Enjoy reading about all the pets!!!
Unread 06-20-2006, 09:34 PM

My husband &I had 2 black& tan dachshunds named Tiny & Whopper. Tiny was small & Whopper was big.They came to live with us when they were 6 weeks old.

Tiny & Whopper are both no longer here.. Tiny died in Oct 2003,& Whopper died Feb.of this year.They both died of old age.

My husband& I don't have any other pets right now.

Lisa
TAH/BSO in june 1996 for endo,adhesions& adeno- Currently on Estrace 2mg.
Unread 06-21-2006, 08:43 AM

I have a Yorkie named Duke and he was named after the Duke and Duchess of York.

I also have a Pomeranian named Spencer -- no special reason for the name, I just liked it.
Unread 06-21-2006, 03:14 PM

We have a Rat Terrier mix named Duke. He only weighed 6 ounces when we got him and was terribly anemic. My son named him Duke because that was such a big dog name and maybe it would make him feel bigger than he was. He's been my heart ever since day one.
We also have a Rat Terrier named Dixie and I'm not sure how she got that name--son named her again.
We have an outside dog named Ace. He's black and white with a perfect white diamond on his side--Ace of Diamonds. Son named him too. We also have his daughter, named Sassy.
We have 2 mutts named Snuffy and Macy and 5 puppies that don't have names and need homes really bad! Gosh, I didn't realize how many dogs we had until I wrote it down!!!
Unread 06-21-2006, 05:36 PM

My sweet boy's name is Skittles we rescued him 1 1/2 years ago from a shelter, a doxie, jack russell mix, solid black about 14lbs.
he gets so excited when we call him Skittle Wittle Wittles...
He's the best doggie EVER!
Unread 06-21-2006, 06:58 PM

I have two spice finches that I named Clover and Sage (self explanatory). I also have a black flat coated retriever named Sable (guess that is self explanatory also). Amazingly, Sable has never bothered the birds. I think she knows they are OFF LIMITS to her! But she loves to chase rabbits and deer. They are all my "babies".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register