What's your pets name and why? - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Re: What's your pets name and why?

I always had bunnies.
Pip (deceased) was my first bun--he was an adorable little Dutch dwarf rabbit that looked like he was half-dipped in black paint. He had no fear and tried to crawl up my coat sleeve at the pet store just to say 'hi'. Later, I found out that denim was his favorite thing ever--if someone came into the house with a pair of bluejeans, he'd hop over and try to climb into their lap (like climbing a mountain for the little guy).

Penny--named for her rust colored coat and the fact that she looks like a bunny that got set loose in the makeup department given the white "eyeshadow" and dark brown lashes she has. I got her from the pound and had to change her name from Scampi because I didn't think a shrimp dish quite fit her um, more full-figured status. She's as friendly as Pip, but waaaay more laid-back bordering on narcoleptic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2010, 01:25 PM

I have a kitty named Oreo...he's black and white and a pain in my rear, a turtle named Turquoise dunno why my son named him, and a dog named Belle she was adopted and that was her name she is a mutt but has the best personality ,super smart ,and beautiful blue eye's.
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:17 PM

Cassie, Angel, Logan, PeeDee... all rescued dogs...Angel was shot with buckshot and found along a road. Had her eye removed, then lost sight in the other due to the shooting a few years later. She was named correctly..she has been our light..our Angel.. PeeDee was dumped on our rural road and I named him that because he is our Precious Dog...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2010, 08:04 AM

I have three cats, the oldest cat at 11yrs old is Precious, she is a torti, black and brown,that was the name given to her at our local Humane Society, then theres Patches who is 9 yrs. old, and she is manily white with brown and black spots and we named her that cause she has patches of different colored fur all over her body, then there is the baby of the family at 1 yr. old and her name is Stormy cause it was storming outside the day the humane society found her by the side of the road abondoned, and she's all black.
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:22 AM

Piggy- (a Pomeranian/pug mix) well because she eats EVERYTHING and her tail curls like a pig (a pug trait). My little sister named her.
Princess- (an ill bred pug) my daughter was in love with Disney and couldn't decide what princess she would be.
Misty- (a well bred pug) short for Sierra Mist. She came from a line of "soda" dogs- Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb.
Nemo- (a well bred pug) short for Captain Nemo and the only male in the lot. His mother is Misty and Mr. Pibb.
The only dogs I will ever own are Pugs. They are bred for companionship and only want to sit/lay with you. They are small enough to be a lap dog, but not fragile. They love kids and love to be dressed up. Dog spelled back wards is GOD.
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:38 AM

Most of my recent animals are named after the family that lived in my house in 1800
my australian shepherds Phineas (Phin) Lucy after Lucy McClain in Die Hard-Johns daughter
our lab mix Eliza after Eliza Doolittle in my fair lady-my daughter named her
our cats:
Philo
Olive
Curtis
Unread 03-31-2010, 12:06 PM

We have two cats we rescued- my little greyish tiger is named Chauncey, but I call him Noodles cause he is such a silly character.

Our older black and white is named Jokomo- we wanted something that had to do with a piano (black and white) but composers names didn't suit him. His name comes from a Dr John song "Aiko,Aiko" - there is a line in it to the effect of "Giacomo nunanay"- we just messed with the spelling.
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:01 AM

We have:

Angel: she is a Australian shepherd/Rhodesian Ridgeback. My dh's friend could not take care of her so he gave her to my kids when she was about 1 year old. She is the smartest dog I have ever known. When we first got her she climbed out of a pen that had walls that were 7 feet tall. She can also jump about that high just standing still.

Bocephus(Bo for short):he is a hound who actually found us. He showed up on my porch while dh was home on R&R from Afghanistan. He weighed about 20 pounds and had fleas and ticks covering from head to toe. I think the first 2 days I pulled close to 300-400 ticks off of him. Now he is a 65 pound potato who just wants to lay around in the dirt or better yet mud all day.

Jake: he is a German Sheppard/Rottweiler mix who my neighbor’s coworker found wandering the streets with a rope tied around his neck. My kids named him Jake and I have no clue as to why.
Unread 06-17-2010, 03:01 PM
What's your pets name and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmywoman View Post
Cassie, Angel, Logan, PeeDee... all rescued dogs...Angel was shot with buckshot and found along a road. Had her eye removed, then lost sight in the other due to the shooting a few years later. She was named correctly..she has been our light..our Angel.. PeeDee was dumped on our rural road and I named him that because he is our Precious Dog...
We have a blind one eyed pup too. Laura is a beagle/cocker mix. She is about 13 and as precious as she can be. Has been my comforter since surgery... So loving!
Unread 06-17-2010, 03:09 PM

I have 4 pups. Laura (13) is our one eyed blind beagle/cocker mix, Sheldon (14) is our deaf Sheltie mix, Gracie (11) is our Olde English Bulldogge, and Molly (2) is our bulldog. I have a house full with these pups, Needless to say.... I'm the office manager for the worlds best veterinarian! Can't afford to work anywhere else.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register