What's your pets name and why? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 02-20-2005, 08:29 PM
What's your pets name and why?

Alrighty... lets see... we'll start smallest to biggest.
We have 2 leopard geckos, JJ and Arbuckle. Hubby and I each named one. JJ is named after another gecko that we had had, but passed away so JJ is Jerry Junior for short. Hubby named him. Arbuckle has a great big, fat tail and being a fan of silent films, I named him for Fatty Arbuckle.
Next we have our 2 cats Mister and Ernie. Mister, who looks like a Russian Blue, we got before we got married and couldn't agree on a name for him, but called him Mister Kitty in the mean time. It stuck. We got Ernie, a grey and white domestic medium hair, when our oldest DS was about 2 and totally in love with Seasame Street and the character, Ernie. Chris named him. He also has a birth defect in a crooked tail. It feels really strange when you run your hand down on it, but gives him alot of character. Its what made me fall in love with him.
Last, but not least we have our baby girl. A black lab and german shepherd mix. Her name is Lucille Valentine, but we call her Lucy for short. She is named after BB Kings guitar (we are big fans!) and we got her over Valentines Day weekend last year, hence her middle name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2005, 03:32 AM

My kitty's name is Penny Lane. We call her PL as a nickname, sometimes.

Cathy
Unread 02-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Pet names

I have a German Shorthaired Pointer. Her name is Hope that was given to her by my sister in law. She was born from my sis-in-law's dog who had puppies. They were "hoping" we would take her and I was "hoping they would forget about it.LOL!!!!. Initially I really didn't want the dog, but she has become a welcome member of our family.........Maryanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2005, 10:17 AM

Among our other pets, we adopted a (mentally ill) cat from the shelter. She appealed to me because she looks, mews, and has mannerisms *exactly* like a cat I had 20 years ago. It's uncanny! So the only thing her name could be......

Deja Mew!!

Merrie
Unread 02-22-2005, 10:25 AM

My white lab/chow mix looked like a baby bear when we found him abandoned at a convenience srore- so we named him
Teddybear, we call him Teddy
Unread 02-22-2005, 04:16 PM

My 20 lb Maine Coon is McDuff.....it just fits him. My younger cat is Zasu...the kids who I got him from had called him Zeus (which didn't fit him) so I changed it to Zasu (like Zasu Pitts).
Unread 02-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Wink - What's your pets name and why? Pets

Ok! I love this one!!!! We have 4 animals and here they are:
Miniature Pincsher - Scooby - Not really sure why he's black and tan and looks nothing like Scooby Doo, the kids named him.

Cat - Cocoa - My 2 year old named her she was a hot cocoa addict at the time!! LOL

2 leapard geckos
female - Tink
Male - Peter (after Tinkerbell and Peter of course)!!!
Unread 02-23-2005, 12:31 PM

Hi!
Our Golden Retriever - Tobias Claude Von Barker
He goes by Toby (he is registered and you have to be very lengthy with the names so there aren't 2 dogs with the same name) Tobias was because the kids thought he looked like a Toby, Claude was because he was (and still is) the biggest klutz, and Von Barker was from his parents. He may be registered, but he is no show dog. He is a mess! We love him!

We also have a hamster - Pumpkin (my DD loves pumpkin pie and loves her hamster as much), and two hermit crabs - Tigger and Striker (once again they belong to DD, Tigger's shell is striped and Striker's looks like a soccer ball).
Unread 02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Cool - What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

REMY-my 2 year old Chihuahua, he is chocolate brown/white. For the cognac Remy Martin
Unread 02-23-2005, 01:28 PM

Over the years we've have 2 standard poodles called Clementine (didn't really suit her, she was far too clever - should have had a name like 007) and Teddy (he was just a big dopey bear). Hamish was our ginger cat - he needed a sensitive name because of his sensitive poet-like nature. Had Baxter, the biggest horselike white cat ever. Little Derek Dinosaur came next. He was a ginger and white mogey named by our 6 year old daughter. Derek is my DHs name also so it got quite confusing. Became Big Boy - the cat that is, and then became Muscle boy because he was always in a scrap. Unfortunately he was hit by a car. Now we just have one baby, a very ugly (in the cutest sort of way) lavender and white oriental - really really skinny, massive ears and a big splodge on her nose. She needed a name befitting a princess so she is called Daphne.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register