What's your pets name and why? - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 06-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Re: What's your pets name and why?

My black cat showed up at our farm on Haloween 13 years ago. Named him Boo.

My sweet Lab that we inherited from a dear friend who passed away Is 'Helen' for Helen Keller. She is deaf which is almost unheard of in Labs.

My yellow Lab is 'Vida' for Vida Loca (crazy life). We named her when we had three litters all at once. We run kennels and raise Labrador Retrievers).

Yellow Male Labs 'Teddy' looked like a Teddy bear when he was a puppy. 'Chatter' because he chatters when he barks.

That's just a few. As you can imagine there are lots more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2012, 06:39 PM

I have a White German Shephard his name is Apollo....my hubby named him he likes the "gods names" for big dogs.
I also have an English Mastiff his name is Luther.....just because I liked it!
My cats name is Yankee because I live in the south but Im an yankee from NY.....hehe
Unread 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM

I have 3 dogs, 2 inside cats and 7 feral cats. The feral cats are obvious names: Tuxedo, little yellow tabby, white tabby, etc. I have a dog named Cody, named after my former roommate's dog. He was Codey, but mine was smaller...he was very active so I started calling him Cody Martin...My last name is Milner...Martin Milner...Adam 12. It just stuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2012, 08:46 PM

I have two West Highland West Terriers. Wesley is a very youthful 13 years old (will be 100 in dog years in Sept) and Owen is 3 years old. Both were adopted from rescues and we just kept the names they were given.
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM

I have a 10 year old black and tan Doberman pincher, His name is Bubby ( I named him after my dad who passed away with lung cancer.
5 year old Jack Russell, Tyler Jack.. he follows me EVERYWHERE and he is named after my nephew who is now 16 but used to follow me lol and the Jack part is after Jack Skelleton ( my son loves Jack)
Lexi, cocapoo, ( was my sisters) she named her and I am now the owner.. lol
2 bearded dragons, one Draco and one Fran.. my son named those.
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:29 AM

I have a golden retriever named Penny.

I am a teacher and when I got her 14 years ago had a contest at school for pet names. Picked out the ones I liked for both male or female because didn't know which I would like better when I saw the puppies, who can resist golden puppies, and then gave prize to the winners. Can't remember the male name as I obviously got a female. Had to ask a cousin who was named Penny if it was okay to name my dog after her
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM

I also have 2 inside kitties...Maya, 4,named after a character on Six Feet Under and Monty, full name Montgomery Clift because he has that understated coolness.

12 year old dog named Rusty
1 1/2 year old dog named Scoopy...cause when he was little i'd just scoop him up and carry him around
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:34 PM

we have a chocolate lab named Kessie. She is named after the blue bird in one of the newer Winnie the Pooh movies :-)
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:18 PM
What's your pets name and why?

Two cats.
Caly -- adopted her from this strange organzation. They had named her Calypso.
Teeger-- DH had found her when he as still DBF. He thought she was a boy and named her Tiger.
Unread 07-24-2012, 11:03 PM

Harley because he is a tiny little chihuahua I rescued who is LOUD like the motorcycle and pippa crackers my other chihuahua, pippa because my daughter loved the name and crackers because I rescued her from a "crack addicted" woman living on the streets! Love them both so much they are my furbabies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register