What's your pets name and why? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 02-23-2005, 03:42 PM
What's your pets name and why?

The summer I got my first dog was very dry. Every where I went it seemed like all any one was thinking and talking about was rain. All I was thinking about was when my puppy would be old enough to bring home. So, I called him Rain. A gorgeous Mckenzie River Husky. Best dog I've ever known
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 09:53 PM

Lady was my first dog and I can't remember what kind she was, but she was really small and she would prance like a Lady, so we named her Lady(Deceased)

Fluffy - She was a cockapoo. but seemed to have more poodle in here. So she really looked Fluffy. She was jet black.(Deceased at the ripe old age of 13 in our time, so she was what 91 in dog years, but the time she died she was gray all over)

Sweetie - She was a black peekapoo and I was gonna call her spooky, as she was born on Halloween, but I fept talking to her and would say Hey hows my sweetie doing and things like that and before we knew it, she would answer to sweetie. (Deceased, age 9 yrs our time)

Snickers - She is a black mini Collie, with white paws, that go half way up and looks like socks. So we were suppose to name her sneakers, but for some reason I could not stop calling her snickers, so it stuck. She is now 6 years old. She is a very good and loving dog. She can give hugs, she is great with Derrick and he is so mean to her. When I was pregnant, for some reason, befoer I found out, she kept smelling my belly button and would not leave my side, even after I found out I was pregnant, she would sniff my belly button and she stayed with me everywhere. After Derrick was born thebelly sniffing stopped, very wierd and she wa sno longer under my feet anymore.
Unread 03-03-2005, 11:32 AM

Candy - a Pekingese mixed with a heinz 57.

She was so tiny & fluffy when we got her. The "sweetest" little pup. So I started calling her Candygirl. And Candy stuck.

I think it was the Four Seasons with the song Candygirl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 04:47 PM

My (fur) babies.........

1. " Bear" a black Akita, who has a puppy looked just like a bear cub.

2. " Lady Jane" a german shorthair pointer- that's a re-used name from a prevouis dog, who was an exceptional hunter

3. "Shadow" a white german shorthair pointer

4. "Copper" a brittney with copper patches
Unread 03-10-2005, 01:37 PM

DH and I have 2 toy poodles. The first one was born 12-24-01. She is cream/white in color. Of course we named her Angel. and she really is. The second we adopted last November so he was already named - Shorty. Of course, he has several nicknames - Shortcakes, Shortpants, Shortstuff. He weighs about 4 lbs. and is so petite, but does he have a mouth!!! When I had my hysteroscopy last November I told the anesthetist to just be sure to wake me up that I had 2 dogs at home waiting for me and sure enough he did. I hope I have him for my hyster.
Unread 03-10-2005, 07:10 PM

Libby (cat)- short for Liberty.

My daughter is an all-star competitve cheerleader. A stunt they do is a liberty. Also my 13 yr old use to walk around saying "Give me liberty or give me death."
Last but not least the family I received her from, their little girl named her Penny. The little girl's name was Libby. So I decided definately to Name her Libby short for Liberty.
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:36 PM

After my divorce in 2002 I missed my cats terribly, but there was no way I could take all 4. So I tried just taking my favorite "Caprice" who was named after my car (Chevrolet Caprice). But all she did was cry and cry for the other 3, so I let my ex have her back (our kids stayed with him 50% of the time anyway).

When I met my now DH I told him how I missed having cat(s). He wasn't really a cat fancier (isn't that what they all say). But we finally agreed to get a cat (notice that's in the singular tense). So my son and I went to the local animal shelter to see what we could find. There were lots of cats, but in one cage all alone, cuddled up together in one hammock were 2 little 6 month old snorfleed male orange/white striped long-haired beautiful kittens, with the most heart-melting butterscotch-colored eyes. Just one look from them and we knew we had to adopt both, we just couldn't separate them. There's a 3-day waiting period before you can take them home. When I came home that first night smiling my DH said "ok, how many did you adopt". I told him "only 2, one for you and one for me" and he just shook his head and smiled (it's a good thing I hadn't gone to the humane shelter 1 day earlier, I was told these 2 brothers had an identical sister who had been adopted the day before!). I told my DH that he could name them. Well, leave it to him - he named them after his 2 favorite beverages - Budweiser (Bud) and Jack Daniels (Jack)!!!!!

They are the joys of our life and so entertaining - and they still love to cuddle up together. We call them our "twin boys",we even sent out Xmas cards that year with a letter in it stating we'd adopted twins - bet that shocked a few of our relatives and friends until they read on and see that we adopted cats. We're both in our 40's, our kids are grown up and we're not looking to start over again raising kids (DH has a granddaughter who will turn 2 in May and my DD is expecting my first granddaughter next month, so we're happy just enjoying grandchildren - and our "twins".
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:59 PM

My house is a zoo, so here goes...

I have a male himalayan/persian who is all white (except for the gray at the tip of his tail) and piercing blue eyes. My kids named him Snowbell after the cat in Stuart Little.

I also have a female maincoon (sp?). She is all black with gorgeous yellow/green eyes. My hubby named her Tootsie (as in tootsie roll). She currently weighs in at 23 lbs.

Then there are the dogs. 2 brothers we adopted from a local shelter. They are pomeranian mix with red hair. We named the bigger one Roman and the little one Rusty.

We also have 2 exotic pets known as Duprasi (a/k/a "fat-tail gerbils). The female, Cutie Pie, was named by my daughter. The male, Rocky, was named by my son. Although I can't explain where he came up with Rocky, Cutie Pie is evidentally self-explanatory.

Lastly, there are 2 fire-belly frogs and 1 fire-belly newt. The newt was named Spiderman by my son because he seems to climb the walls of his tank the way Spiderman climbs walls. I named the larger frog Marco (which my husband and I discovered must be male), and I named the smaller female frog Polo.

Whew!

p.s. We also have a tank of about 30 fish or so, wild birds living in our bird houses in the front and back yards, and painted lady butterflies, which we will be releasing tomorrow now that they're out of their chrysalis formations.
Unread 03-18-2005, 02:50 PM

Sammy - the golden retriever. When we adopted him, they had named him Caesar (for the two days they had him). He was definitely NOT a Caesar, so my son named him Sammy. He seemed to like it and it stuck. When I get mad, it comes out "Samual Jackson Caesar!"

Joy - the black and white long hair cat - was Sweet Pea when we adopted her at three months. We got her the day after Christmas so my son named her Joy.

She's NOT sweet, or a joy, but she's ours and we love her!!

We also have a sucky-fish named "Hoover" . . . my son named him too!
Unread 03-21-2005, 04:17 AM

Hi, we have a lopped ear rabbit, although he only has one ear thats floppy, he called "Starsky" Yep cos he lives in his hutch.

Also a West Highland White Terrier called "Jack". We got him when he was twelve weeks old, and first named him Dennis, but it didnt suit him,
Also a tropical fish tank, with around twenty fish at the mo, I have only named one, and thats the big Angle Fish, called Angelica.

Crazy, only a little.

Karin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register