What's your pets name and why? - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 07-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Re: What's your pets name and why?

Jayda: now 7 year old rottie girl, was named "Jade" at 9 months old when she joined a rescue group, her sister was Amber - they were the 'Gemstone Twins'. Hubby didn't like "Jade" so he picked Jayda. Her full name is "A Little Xtra Jolt O'Java" because she is ALWAYS hyper, like she had too much coffee! Her nickname is "Beanie" or "Jayda Bean"

Neelah: my 6 year old rottie girl. Her name is Celtic for "Champion", although she's not a champion of much except being a total sweetie!

My angel rottie boys:

Ben - was named by the rescue group we adopted him from. I usually called him "Bubba" or "Sweets" - adopted at 10 months old, lost him June 2011 to cancer at age 12 1/2 years

Baron: adopted Sept 2004 - he was about 3-4 yrs old when he joined our family - definitely was hubby's dog. Lost him November 2011 to acute pancreatitis, although I strongly suspect his dog food played a role - 6 months later it was part of a massive recall...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2012, 06:21 PM

Spunky is my 21 year old turtle - when I brought her home from the pet store in a paper bag she tried to get out in the car and I said "aren't you a spunky little thing"...Spunky it was.

Two days later a friend guilted me into getting a second so Spunky wouldn't be lonely, so I named her The Great Gazoo from the Flintstones (Fred's alien conscience) - short turned into Zoot. Zoot passed 2 years ago, but Spunky is still going strong.

I also have a charcoal manx (cat with no tail) who came with the name Bobbi from the rescue centre - for the bobbed tail which is natural.
Unread 08-04-2012, 01:17 AM

I don't think I added my new "additions" to our furry little pride.
Had a stray, grey (the blueish grey) female cat with a bobbed tail show up at our house abt 6-7 weeks ago. We named her "Fawn" bc when she is interested in something she flips her little tail (about 3 inches maximum) straight up like a white tail deer would do (we have lots of those around here).
The other thing about Fawnie when she showed up- she was pregnant. She delivered 3 strong (appearing) boys 11 days later. We planned from the begining that we would find forever homes for the kittens & only maybe keep Fawnie (have 2 cats in the house already). So, the kittens were given more of "temporary names" for while they grow with us. The 1st born is a grey tiger who now at 5.5wks old is getting a bit if white on his chin. We named him "Uno" bc "number 1" just sounded too cold. The second born was a solid grey kitty like his Mama. Unfortunately he didn't make it. His name was going to be "Dos" but we called him knucklehead or goofball bc he couldnt seem to find where to latch on to nurse & when he did his 2 brothers pushed him out of the way . I tried to save him, but I believe Fawnie knew best when she snatched him away from me. The last born was another all blue-grey kitty with a bobbed tail like Mama's (except shorter). Since I didn't feel right calling him "tres" after losing his brother -my 6yo dd named him "Cutie" (ugh). Rolie-Polie or Fuzzy would be better names for him, but dd wants that name- I can do it. "Cutie" has the same beautiful, oh sorry- HANDSOME double coat of fur like Fawn.
I, like so many, debated abt having my hyster. So, when this pregnant cat showed up at my house during my recovery- I felt like there was a reason for it. There are MANY houses nearby that she could have picked. But, I believe she was meant for me. DD & I have truly enjoyed caring for Fawn & her 2, very energetic, sweet boys. It will likely be a tough place to be when the time comes to have them go to their own forever homes. DD will not be happy, but I keep telling her we can maybe help another kitty out in the future.
Bless all the Moms of furry children!!!
to you all & to your furry children.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2012, 02:29 AM

Katie (maltese) she was giving to me at 1 1/2 years old and already had her name.

John Ross (Chihuahua) YES he was named after JR Ewings son on the TV series Dallas.

Kendall (Chow mixed) she was dropped off at my office, in the fence and when I found out I said, What do people think we have a kennel up here and so we called her Kendall

Little Bit (Chihuahua) she was very sick when I got her, 8 months old, weighing only 2 lbs, with scaly skin and no hair in 20 degrees below weather living outside with not much to keep warm and a strong will to live... She is 4 years old now and weights 5 lbs and has all her hair and all the love she could ever ask for... She goes everywhere with me...!
Unread 08-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Hi!

I have a shih tzu and his name is Kobe! The name speaks for itself.
Unread 08-04-2012, 03:21 PM

Happy a 3 year old Sheltie, Pearl a one year old cat.
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:12 PM

Saphire an eight month old golden retriever puppy. I couldn't think of a name for her and when I went to the computer there was a picture of a saphire. Don't remember why but I loved the name so that was it.
I also have a husky mix I rescued who was named Wolf. I was planning on changing it but he really has a good name for him.
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Wink - What's your pets name and why? Re: What's your pets name and why?

My Shih Tzu name is Baby...

Because... Whatever baby wants Baby gets!

(you know what i mean)
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM

Hershey - Maine coon mix found as a kitten and I told him she was as sweet as chocolate so that became his name

Cleo - cat- dumped at the flea market - looks like she is wearing eye makeup like cleopatra

Parker - Cat - found him in a parking lot and got tired of calling him parking lot kitty.

Mikey and Molly - twin cats - found as very very young very sick kittens and the first thing my sister and aunt said was I should name them Mike and Molly. Mike never sounded right but Mikey stuck.

Mandy - calico cat - only foster I have kept....she was already named

Dakota - pomeranian Pekingese mix - not sure why just liked the name

Max - chihuahua - adopted from the local shelter and his name was Maxwell....so he just became Max
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Dakota's! LOVE "Parker". We have a stray we feed (have been for over a year now). We started calling him "Big Kitty" simply bc of his size. I wish we could come up with something else, but he even comes out when we call him, so I guess "Big Kitty" aka "BK" will have to stick.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register