What's your pets name and why? - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Re: What's your pets name and why?

Mischief and Mayem are cute names. Happy is our Sheltie my son named him because he makes him Happy. Pearl is our cat my husband adopted at a soccer game and it was the name the other people gave her. Pearl is the name of my grandma. My cat disappeared yesterday please pray she comes home or someone finds her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2012, 05:42 PM

sammie

because he looks like sammie davis jr
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Whinebox - Bichon Frise; named because when he was a pup all he did was whine

Ruger- Great Dane; named after the pistol I had when I bought him

Gizmo- Yorkie; named because he looks just like a Gremlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM
What's your pets name and why?

What a fun forum! We have a....
Stoop, 6 toed kitty with "stupid" feet, looks just like Puss from Puss n Boots.
Naughtles, big beautiful black Bombay that was such a naughty kitten and now has a seat at the dinner table for his own "people" food.
Tubbles, a huge rescued Snowshoe Siamese. He looks like an oversized football!
Owwie, used to be an Oliver but daughter decided he was more of an Owwie. He's 11a and is a little demented in his old age. He drags clothes, blankets, stuffed animals around while loudly "making love" to them...
Prancy, our only dog. A rescued mutt of many flavors she seems to have some horse genes also since she prances in circles while playing with the kids.
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:21 PM

Goats, all named by the woman we bought them from Fudgie because he looks like a fudge-striped cookie, Golden - he is a pale blond, Minnie Mouse, very ladylike and we named one Anna Lucia after the character on Lost. She's bossy.

Dogs - Pomeranian Delilah, she is black and sassy. My first Pom was a male named Samson, because he had so much hair. The Pug is named Mei-Li, which is supposed to mean "beautiful" or "princess" in Chinese. She is completely deaf and starting to lose her eyesight. The Poodle is named Zsa-Zsa, because I like it.

Bird - A Mustache Parakeet named Tika. It sounds like a good name for a tropical bird.
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM

We have quite the herd... 6 cats & 1 dog.
Dog's name is Java... It was his name when we adopted him. I owned a Latte stand so he was an easy fit.
Cats:
Miss Clara names after my Mama.
Kharma... cos when you mess with kharma ...she messes back.
Magick... cos she is full of energy.
Merlin ...cos he is magick's partner in crime.
Loki... cos he is a prankster
and Seven... he was the neighbor's kitty, they called him Harley... We called him Seven because we had 6 cats at the time we met him. Gunda has since passed. So we knew we couldn't get attached & call him by his name. He chose us anyways & the neighbor got tired of coming to get him & drag him home, so she was selfless & gave me Seven.
Unread 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM

Moose (Rhodesian/Lab mix) - because my husband's grandpa calls any dog he sees Moose so we thought we'd make it easy

Mini (Rat terrier/Mountain cur mix) - because she looks exactly like Moose only smaller. I still can't believe how much they look alike especially because they are totaly different breeds and we bought them 6 years apart
Unread 09-28-2012, 02:35 PM

I have 2 cats and 3 dogs
Cats:
Rosie, cause she has Rosanne Bar's personality
Zoe, cause my youngest son latched on to it and demanded to name her
Dogs:
Mr. Chester B. Peabody, cause he was so tiny when I brought him home we decided he needed a big name (he only weighed 14oz)
SadieMae Sunshine, cause she was also tiny (12oz) and makes everyone smile
Those two are papillons
Then there's BooBoo who got his name cause he's constantly getting stuff caught in his fur and getting little booboos. He's a Maltese/shihtzu(sp) mix with tons of hair!!!
Unread 10-02-2012, 11:45 PM

My baby was a long hair chihuahua named Fozzy Danger Rodriguez. He came w/Fozzy because he reminded them of fozzy bear i think. Since he's a chihuahua i thought he should have a mexican last name and of course Danger is his middle name lol
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:05 AM

I love reading this thread--the names are so creative and funny.
My lab/dalmation/heinz 57 mix is Jake. He is 14 now but as a rescue puppy he was stocky and had a tough guy attitude that made me think of Jake Lamotta or Body by Jake weightlifter. Even though it is a common dog name, it has always suited him and I can't imagine him with any other name...although we do call him buddy and bubba.
Our 2 year old German Shepherd is Sabine. (Hence my screen name). She was called Jessie by the breeder and her AKC name is something like that--I don't even know. The people who bought her from the breeder (friends of my husband) named her Gretl, which doesn't suit her at all. She is a modern German girl. Sabine is a fairly common name in Germany, and we first named her for my favorite German artist, Sabine Kasan. Then we looked it up and discovered it means "slender, feminine, and cat-like" which is exactly how I would describe our svelte and stealthy girl.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register