What's your pets name and why? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 03-24-2005, 04:27 PM
What's your pets name and why?

We have a few animals also

Smokey 8yrs old (mainecoon cat)-rescued from shelter-he is a smokey grey color and does whatever he wants.

Magic 2yrs old (cat)-rescued from shelter-all black except her little feet-disappears and reappears like Magic-you never know where she is

Mille 9mos old (chihuahua/dachshund)- chocolate brown- CoCo just didn't fit her-she is not fo fo enough

Kacey 3mos old (chihuahua/dachshund)-tan-brother of Millie-he needed a small dog name

Dino(desert tortoise) kids named him after Dino Spamone on Hey Arnold

Spike (desert tortoise) because we thought she was a boy until the babies came

The baby tortoises are named Kettle after Kettle Corn I was hooked on it at the time, Stanley after Stanley on Disney, Dakota, Phoenix, Pepper, and Dale. All Unisex names because we will not know what sex they are to they get a little older.

Blue Beta named Storm
Blue and Red Beta named Multi

We also had a cat named Jackson that passed away last February from liver problems. He was named after Jet Jackson. A show on Nick.
Two previous betas named Twister who like to jump out of his bowl and Rudy.

Hermit Crabs by the name of River and Stream have also passed. We will try again with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Pet name

I have a gray and white longhair Named Dax. We named him that Because he is Very Beautiful to look at and dainty ,but strong and masculine.

We named him after Jatzia Dax on Deep Space Nine because she has a male synbiot but she's a female. Beautiful on the outside but hard as stone and a warrior on the inside.
Unread 03-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Talking - What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Ok, lets see, the cats names

-Putzi, my first
-Romeo (after Romeo and Juliet)
-Sunshine (he was my Sunshine) he passed away
-Rocky (after the Rocky Mountains)
-Smokey (he is talking a lot, and he sounds like has a smokey voice)
-Sophia
-Haley
-Pepper
-Felix
-Joey
-Abby (after Abby from NCIS)
-Josie
-Samson
-Murray
-Redd
-Hunter
-Max
-Chloe
-Shadow
-Lilly
-Ceasar
-Jinxy
-Zoe
-Grace
-Mel
-Muffin
-Sadie
-Cookie
-Hershey
-Julia
The dogs names

-Milo
-Austin
-Biggles
-Buster
The ferrets names

-Fredrick
-Bear
-Jonah

That covers it. We gave up trying to find out what names and why, we just called out names and the ones that got their attention, they got stuck with that name
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2005, 09:57 AM
My Zoo!

We have an ever growing zoo at our house, too!

In addition to the tanks of fish sprouting in many rooms we have:

- Molly - My pretty "Red head" mutt! We adopted her out of the newspaper. We actually went to the house to see about another dog that was in the ad, but fell in love with her as soon as we saw her. Needless to say - I now have my very own "Molly Ringwald" throwback! Kicker is, we have no idea what kind of dog she is. She truly does not look like any kind of dog you've ever seen. My husband swears she is a dingo. lol....never know. I just love this dog! She's the best!

- Lilly - The miniature version of Molly. This is Molly's pup. Looks exactly like Molly. Molly had a litter of 9 pups at Christmas, all went to good homes, except this one - the cutest one of the litter. No one seemed to want her. Guess she's ours to keep! Works for me! She's beautiful. I'm hoping that she will be as wonderful as her mother!

- Gnocchi - Cockatiel #1 - Lets just say, She doesn't like us. At all! She would rather sit in her cage and hiss at us! Very pretty bird, though.

- Ziti - Cockatiel #2 - Very loving. For whatever reason, Ziti is the polar opposite of Gnocchi. Likes to interact with the family. We really enjoy working with her.

- Grace - The one eared stray cat that showed up at our house (very pregnant, I might add!) and adopted us. She's very loving and has no problems putting Molly and Lilly in their place!

- We also have 2 love birds Kitt and Bart.

Oh, goodness, I think that's everyone, for now!

Cortney
Unread 03-27-2005, 07:21 AM
BLACKJACK

Our "recent" pet addition is a small black chihuahua puppy. My dh named him Blackjack - as we had just gotten married in Vegas last August.

I kinda pushed letting him name him cuz dh has never really been a "dog person" (i am SO a dog person) and thought it'd help him feel more 'connected' etc. it worked!!!!!

dh is trying to "love" the new dog - and i even catch him sometimes 'baby-talking' to blackjack like i / the kids do. haha! is so cute! he still kinda rough w/ him but is learning.

i dont blame dh for not being a dog luvr - when he was growing up his mom had a grouchy old little dog that used to bite dh all the time (and any1 else that wasnt his mom) so is understandable. is nice to see him 'learning' to love a pet. i really thinks it makes us better people!

i have 2 other dogs prev. to marriage (an old sweet dalamtion and a very naughty FAT chihuahua who was on death row when I took him)
dh doesnt really care about bonding with them much - i let it go.
my stepdaughters have cats (im not much of cat person unless they are snuggley - these arent) but i still pet them and talk nicely about them....i think i'd like them more if they didnt scratch the kids etc.

so anyway - BLACKJACK (who is my sweety) has become a little 'lesson of love' for hubby. Blckjck now sleeps in between dh's legs at night in bed under covers. dh LOVES this and ev. nite when we go to bed says "where's Blckjck? Is he coming to bed?"
HAHHAHAH cracks me up - dh is converted!
Unread 03-30-2005, 12:38 PM
pet names

Wow- I'ts been a while since I've posted anything, but as a fairly new pet owner, this sounded like fun. I have 2 puppies.

The first is a 9 month old white maltipoo named Fluffernutter. When we got her she had some tan on her ears and reminded me of a Fluffernutter sandwich. Seems like that is a northern thing- peanut butter and marshmellow fluff. No one here in FL knows what it is!

Our second is a little stinker of a Havanese. He's black and white and his name is Finnigan. Finn is 12 weeks old and we're having a heck of a time trying to keep him from pooping in the house and ingesting the evidence. We just liked the name Finnigan at the time. Later on I wished I had named him Mojito- what a great drink!- but Finn suites him
Unread 03-30-2005, 12:44 PM

Dog:
Dusty--- if you had seen the way he rolled in the dirt when he was little and still does

Cat:
Rocky--- from the Beatles, Rocky Racoon, when we got him and introduced him to the dog and the cat fuzzed up, his tail looked like a recoon's
Unread 04-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow what a relief to have a fun topic

I may not be post hysterectomy yet... but I have PETS !!!!!
I have two great lop eared dwarf rabbits. A male and female bonded pair.
They are Bunion and Dori.
Then there is my green iguana who is three feet long and mommy's sweetest boy even gives kisses (when he isn't in season and behaving in a rather dangerous way...tail snapping...)
His name is Fluffy.
Unread 04-04-2005, 04:13 PM

Ok - Now I have to ask.....why "Fluffy"? I've seen many Iguana's - but as far as I know - not one of them has been what I would consider to be fluffy!!!
Unread 04-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Why not Fluffy?

Fluffy is a good name.
When my son first got Fluffy I was terrified of him and insisted he take him back to wherever he came from.
Over time I saw that the kids handled him and despite Fluffy's intense fear and scrambling to get away etc... the kids didn't get hurt by him (he was only a few inches long then) and I realized that he wasn't really dangerous and the fear was only in my head and was not reality.
I would stand by his aquarium with a stick and reach in to touch him with it and talk to him and everyday I would move my hand a little closer down the stick until I finally touched him. Then one day I got my hand under him and lifted him up, and another day I took him out of the aquarium.
This happened over a period of weeks. Then on one momentous occasion as I was holding him I realized that my fear was gone and I looked him in his "fierce looking" eye and I said " you aren't scarey at all you are just a little fluff ball.
Hence Fluffy.
Thanks for asking,
Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register