What's your pets name and why? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 05-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Lightbulb - What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Brilliant, brilliant!! You came up with a great post!!

We have:

A 13 year old Siberian Husky--Hobbs Nikolai Blue because of the cartoon Calvin and Hobbs (my son and dog are just like them!!)
The rest of his name comes from the fact that Siberia is in Russia and Blue is from his dad

We then rescued a black cat from our local shelter. She was 3 months old and sang (purred!!) all the time. She is now 7 and we called her Diva. However, she has developed quite an attitude problem and we usually end up calling her witchy woman

Next we rescued a 2 month old tortie with only half a tail from the same shelter. She is all swirled in tiger colors so my son named her Beni (short for Bengali). She is now 2 years old and has obtained the nick name Freakie because she is just weird!!

Lastly, we were given a 2 month old maltese last August so he will celebrate his one year birthday this summer. He is my baby since my last child is 15. He came to us prenamed Neon! I immediately changed that to Mr. Magoo (he looks and acts like the cartoon!!) and he is my "Little Dude".

I've noticed several of us have several pets, aren't they just marvelous little critters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2005, 11:43 PM
My golden retriever's name

is Fenway - after the ball park. My hubby is a major Red Sox Fan!
We got our dog from a local shelter. He's a full golden who was about 10 months old and no one claimed him. We have fallen in love with him. He's is the greatest dog. He eats like a pig and weighs about 95 pounds, but he's sweet and gentle and smart. He even barked from his kennel last night to alert us my 3 yr old grandson had gotten out of bed.
Unread 06-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Bernie

I have an African Grey Parrot named Bernie (about 5 years old now). I chose Bernie because I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl (with this breed you don't know unless you do genetic testing), so I thought I would combine the names Bert and Ernie for Bernie (goes along the lines of not knowing if male or female when I was a kid).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2005, 11:11 AM
What's your pets name and why?

I have 4 dogs. 3 of them are Shih Tzu's and 1 is a Chow/German Shepard. My girls named my first black shih tzu, who is all black and because I luv Mickey Mouse his official name is Mickey Mouse. My female shih tzu was a rescue and she was named when we got her. Her name is China Girl. They had a litter of puppies and I kept the black female and of course her name is Minnie Mouse. Our Chow/German Shepard is Bilbo because my DH luvs Lord of the Rings(Bilbo Baggins). The funny part is that all 3 of my shih tzu's come to "Here kitty, kitty". Poor dh was board 1 day and it caught on, lol.

My girls named all the cats. The first 2 were litter mates. 1 was all dk grey and the other all black. We thought they were both males and names them Eyeore(youngest luvs Pooh) and the other was Salem, as in Sabrina the teenage witch. We found out a few wks later when I looked at them he was a she and kept the name, lol. I have a orange cat named Pumpkin and a grey and white cat named Princess Wiskers. 1 girl wanted to name her princess and the other 2 Wiskers because of her real long wiskers. So we put them both together
Unread 06-07-2005, 12:05 PM

Scooter (Shih Tzu) - my daughter always wanted a dog named Scooter.

Lily (Yellow Lab) - named by my son after Lil on Rugrats.

Nicky (mixed breed) - Named Nickel because when we got her we had a Sheltie named Penny after a Disney character in a movie that I can't think of right now.

Tippy (cat) because she's black with white paws and tail tip.

Jasmyne (cat) - after another Disney character.

And last, but not least, Nala (cat) after Nala in the Lion King.

Quite a houseful!
Unread 06-20-2005, 12:24 PM

My dog Abbey, a Catahoula, was a rescue and we kept the name that she was given at the shelter for continuity. Over the 7 years her name has morphed a little.

to: Abbey-dooby or Abbey do( like Scooby dooby do )
to: Dooby
to :"The Doob" which is what she responds to best now.

My DH and I love The Doob.
Unread 06-20-2005, 09:50 PM

Fantastic Topic, as you can tell by my name, we have 2 german shepherds....Yogi that is 15months old (male) DH and I thought of it on the way home with him don't know why. Our other "child" is Isabella (female) 6 months old. I just loved the name!
Unread 06-21-2005, 02:18 AM

a rottweiller named GOLIATH - I love cartoons. There used to be this cartoon about Gargoyles, where they had a dog which looked like a rott, but his name was Bronx - and well, I didn't picture myself yelling "Bronx" since that means "untidy" in French - so I named him after their leader.

a grey cat w/green eyes named MYSTIC - actually DH's cat. We both love comic books, and this was the time the movie X-men came out. (he used to have another cat named Batman because she was white with just a black mask, but she ran away )

and a guinea pig named CODY - his name used to be Sensei (also martial arts fans), and I used to think he was a hamster, to stop making the mistake, we called him Cody (COchon D'Inde in French).
Unread 06-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Talking - What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Ok....in order of arrival:

IKO: it sounded Japanese, yet had a New Orleans connection

Flambeau: After the torches that light the nighttime Mardi Gras parades. (she ws flame red, with black overlay, so it fit so well)

Turbo: Hubby named him after Turbo Dog beer ( but his registered name is" Red Hot's Stand Bayou") Flambeau's son

BB King ( Flam's other son, his full name is "Red Hot's I want to BB King") he did, it fit!

Annie: ( the two boys sister, her full name was "Red Hot's Annie More Like Me?"

Wanda: Her full name is "Red Hot's Wanda B Loved Bayou". I would sing this to them in the whelping box. The Bayou part connects her to her Daddy Turbo.

I LOVE naming dogs/pups and I love a play on words!
Unread 06-25-2005, 03:30 AM

Are we stupid about animals or what.

We have three chocolate labradors.

Lenny aged 6 - named after DH favourite Stevie Ray Vaughan number Lenny.

Freddie aged 4 - named after Freddie Mercury and no he's not gay.

Macey aged 2 - named after Macy Gray - little chocolate girl and gorgeous.

You can probably guess we like our music too

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register