Anyone else have this problem?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have this problem?? Anyone else have this problem??

Unread 01-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Anyone else have this problem??

Hi Sisters!

I was 7 weeks post on Friday. Things have been going pretty good.. i have been behaving myself. Then on the 6th week I started getting more pressure... pain when urinating. I went to the doctors and he said i had a bladder infection. I was put on Sulfa meds for 7 days. He said if it wasnt gone by the 7th day then to call my gyn. Well it is still isnt gone. I guess I have to call tomorrow and find out what to do next. Just wondering if anyone else found this at 7 weeks. It is like when i go to the bathroom... i get this pushing down pressure.. and then it hurts... and I stop... have to start again.. and it starts again. am I making sense.. hard to discribe.

Anyway if anyone has had this I would love to hear from you.

Thanx ahead of time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 08:18 PM

I had and still have some of the pressure that you are experiencing, but it should be getting better instead of worse. Please call yur gyno asap!!! He can best help you!!bb
Unread 01-18-2005, 08:20 PM
urinary tract infections

Hi Mikeala,
I had the same thing about 12 weeks post -op. The emergency room doc didn't feel it was hysterectomy related. I had had these in the past... maybe one every other year or so. They ARE uncomfortable and really disturbing if you are passing some blood in your urine. It sounds as tho you just need a stronger antibiotic than the one they gave you. Hope you have some relief soon. I found that cranberry juice eased some of the symptoms till I could get to the doc.
Good luck!!! theelaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 08:46 PM

Hi Mikaela!

Bladder infections, also called urinary tract infections, are very common, and are treated with an antibiotic. I have read about them on a couple of good general medical websites, web.md.com, and mayoclinic.com. When you get a chance, you might want to check these out for tips on how to help to prevent them, how to know if you have one, etc.

I will echo the good advice you have already been given. Call your doctor and explain you still are suffering. Another course of antibiotics, or a different antibiotic may be needed. The last time I had a UTI, I needed an additional 3 days of Cipro, after the first 3 days didn't conquer it. Don't be discouraged...just keep taking the prescribed medicine as directed and keep your doctor posted.

s
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:14 PM

Dear Mikaela:

I am allergic to sulfa, so have to use a different antibiotic (macrobid) to get the job done (altho I don't have UTI's anymore since hyst, yay!!).

Ask your doc if you can take an OTC medication called AZO-Standard, which will ease the discomfort (turns the urine orange also) until the antibiotic does its job.

I hope you are feeling better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register