Southern CA., Feb. 27 and Good Movies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Southern CA., Feb. 27 and Good Movies Southern CA., Feb. 27 and Good Movies

Unread 01-16-2001, 01:46 PM
Southern CA., Feb. 27 and Good Movies

I'm inching closer and closer to my date at the castle. My party is set to begin at 5:30 a.m. on Feb. 27. I'm wondering who my sisters are who share my date (or close to it), who live in Southern CA., and... I need a long list of good movies to enjoy during my recovery. I have 3 DK and a DH. I don't go to the movies often, and when we rent, I rarely pick for myself. I need good movies. Comedies are fine, but no belly busters. I don't think my TVH recovery belly could handle the abuse. Also, books would be great. Hear ye, hear ye one and all. Please come to my rescue and let me in on your favorite movies and ones that are worth watching. Brownie points to all of you.

Sherl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2001, 02:31 PM

Sherl

I too am in Southern California (Apple Valley) and my surgery date is set for 2/3/01 at 8:30 in the morning. Which also happens to be my 37th birthday!!!! Funny thing is that I was born at 9:20 in the morning too!

I also have 3 DK and a wonderful DH have been married 18 years and my oldest daughter is 16, daughter #2 is 12 1/2, and my youngest is my son at age 6. When we rent movies, I usually rent things my DH wants to see or ones that my DK want to see. If I do happen to rent one that I want to see, I never seem to get to watch it.

I am having a TAH (hopefully keeping ovaries) and I agree that a movie that is too funny might be a bad idea. Just keep a pillow over your belly during the whole movie.

Unread 01-16-2001, 02:33 PM

Hi Sherl:

I found that after my surgery my attention span left a lot to be desired. This is not the time to start reading "War and Peace". A friend loaned me the book "I'm a Stranger Here Myself" by Bill Bryson. It's an incredibly funny collection of short stories. The stories are all 3-4 pages long (taken from his newspaper columns) so its real easy to pick up and put down as necessary. If you like mysteries, "The Cat Who...." series of books by Lillian Jackson Braun are fun, easy reading. Also the "Aunt Dimity" series by Nancy Atherton and the series by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown (her cat) were great.

As far as movies go, I again found that my attention span was limited so I didn't rent anything that ran much longer than 2 hours and again trended towards the lighter, comedic end of the scale. Some of these suggestions are older movies but I loved "The American President" starring Annette Benning and Michael Douglas. "28 Days" starring Sandra Bullock was really good. If you like Sandra Bullock, check out "Miss Congeniality" at the movie theatre now if you need a laugh fest before your surgery. I thought I'd bust a stitch.

If you like older movies, check out some of the old Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn movies like "Desk Set" or "Woman of the Year". "Stage Door" is another fabulous old movie and you can catch a drop-dead gorgeous Lucille Ball in a rare dramatic role.

Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know if you have other questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2001, 03:07 PM

Thanks whooper and Galen

Whooper, I just turned 36 last month. I live in Ventura County. It sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm really ready for my trip to the castle. It's been a long, hard road. Thanks for the books/movies
Sherl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register