Ovaries awake? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovaries awake? Ovaries awake?

Unread 01-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Ovaries awake?

Hello everyone! I hope all is fine. I have a question. The last two days I have been so hot and sweaty then I get cold later. I have kept my ovaries and am wondering if they are just getting back in the groove. I don't think it is pre-menopausal I believe my Dr would have told me. Has anyone else gone through this? Thanks for any help. Loleta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Ovaries awake?

Loleta,
I'm four days post-op and I've been feeling the same way.
Nicky
Unread 01-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Ovaries awake?

I ran a low grade temp for about a week after surgery. My doctor said that it was a normal response to the trauma my body had been through. Because of this, I would sometimes be having what I described as Hot Flashes, and then when I went to bed, I would be very cold. I'd cover up with blankets, only to wake up sweaty two hours later.
Check with your doctor, but you are very early in your recovery, and it is probably just a response to the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Ovaries awake?

Thank You both. I will check with my Dr. I am sorry you are going through this too. I was getting a little worried. I really hate this feeling. I hope you both find some comfort. I think I will go crawl under the covers now. Loleta
Unread 01-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Ovaries awake?

Oh, I should have mentioned that it only lasted about 10 days or so. I'm just dandy now! Hang in there!
Unread 01-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Ovaries awake?

I went through 5 days of night sweats each of the next two times I "should" have had a period. Doc told me that it could go on for up to 6 months without concern - sometimes the ovaries get cranky for a bit after being moved around during surgery. Since those two months, no problem. I have seen lots of threads here about Sisters having hot flash/night sweat incidents for a couple of months after surgery.

As a side note, pre-op I was so anemic that even in the summer my hands and feet would be freezing cold. This winter, when I met people and shook hands, they would comment on how warm my hands are now. If it was a woman with frosty hands indoors, I would quietly say "Have you had your iron checked?" More than once, some new acquaintance has made contact a couple of weeks later to thank me for bringing it to her attention... they found out that they need to take an iron supplement.
Unread 01-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Ovaries awake?

When I went to my doctor for my pre-op appointment and asked her about ovaries going "to sleep" after hysterectomy she told me that she's never heard of that happening. Which is interesting because I had read alot about it on this website. I'm 2 weeks post-op and haven't had any problems with night sweats or any other menopausal symptoms. I sometimes wake up and feel warm but I think that's because I've been hugging a body pillow to sleep comfortably on my side since I got out of the hospital. ** One of the best recommendations I found on this site, the body pillow **

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register