sexual experience after total hyst/supracervical hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sexual experience after total hyst/supracervical hyst sexual experience after total hyst/supracervical hyst

Unread 01-20-2005, 10:29 AM
sexual experience after total hyst/supracervical hyst

You know the Doctors say that the cervix does not make a differnce in your sexual relations. Hyster Sisters who has had total hysts and those who has had supracervical hysts; from your own experinces can you share your stories. I need to make a decission of if I really want to keep mine or just give in and give it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 10:33 AM

I had mine removed. It not even been 3 weeks so I have not had sex yet but the Dr had to swab me out 7 days postop and let me tell u that felt different. I will keep you posted when I do attempt to please DH again. After Dr says so of course.
Unread 01-20-2005, 10:42 AM

Hi,

I had mine removed (TAH close to 3 months ago now) and for me it did not affect sexual relations in any way. Not bleeding constantly and having more energy certainly improved sex life greatly though!

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 10:44 AM

You know what bothers me more is wondering about the big O. Without having uterine contrations which intensified my O.

Any comments?
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:04 AM

I am 5 months PO SAH. I am so dissapointed in my O's now. They are so weak. I realize now how strong my uterine feelings were. My dh feels bad and has really tried to "help" all he can. I don't know if it will improve as times goes by.

It also takes much longer for me to "O" and then it's like a little fizzle compared to before.

I am glad that I did at least keep my cervix.
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Im 5 weeks post op, haven't done it yet, im afraid, but did have alittle play the O was ok, but hope i didn't hurt anything by using the muscles.
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:19 PM

Hi..

I had my cervix removed. To me, the "O" is GREAT!! They are a lot more better and longer than before. I do have a problem with dryness every now and then, but other than that...

I thought I made the wrong decision at first, and by the comments posted, a lot of women are dissatisfied with the decision to have it removed...maybe I am a special case.

Good Luck...
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:24 PM
No sex as yet

Hi

I am 10 weeks post op after a total hysterectomy, I also had a bladder and rectal repair. I had problems after my op, I did try sex at 8 weeks but it hurts too much so just waiting and hoping things will improve and I go back to how it was before.
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:44 PM

I am 9 weeks out from my surgery and had everything but left ovary removed. Had to wait til 8 weeks to be released from Dr. due to vaginal cuff slow healing.

Have had sex every night since....feels great, no pain at all!!(before surgery had painful intercourse due to tilted/prolapse uterus) Used lots of lubrication, just in case! Husband is loving every minute of it!

Good luck to you!
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:49 PM

Hi Peaches,

I kept my cervix with my LSH. My Dr. told me that the cervix helps with future pelvic support and with sex. In my case, he was right on both. Even being 47, my "O's" are still intense in post-op. I was a candidate to keep my cervix since it was sturdy and I had had normal pap smears for years. I had my cervix cauterized during surgery to prevent a mini-period. I have not had a mini-period in post op.

Best wishes. To keep or not keep the cervix is a very personal decision.

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register