Night sweats and not sleeping | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Night sweats and not sleeping Night sweats and not sleeping

Unread 01-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Night sweats and not sleeping

just wondering if others are feeling the same. I had an LAVH on January 7, 2005. Had adenomyosis and apparently some endo. No pain with them just irregular periods, long periods and sometimes heavy. Ovaries have been kept, but there was some endo on the right and dr. zapped it. Surgery went very well. Is anyone experiencing or did anyone experience these symptoms right after surgery (night sweats and not sleeping well)? If it is past tense for some, please let me know how long before things evened out. I am guessing it is from surgery and my hormones are a little shocked at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 01:36 PM

I would love to hear some input too.

I am eight weeks post op of a TAH. Kept my ovaries. I am still experiencing the night sweats. It doesn't happen every night though.

I am sleeping okay, just tired of sweatin'! Is it necessary to go on HRT? I didn't want to have to do that.

Sarah
Unread 01-20-2005, 01:47 PM

Hey sisters! Can I join the night sweat club too? I'm 2 weeks post op today, and like HippieHoney, they're not every night, but still! For me personally, I'm not ready to try HRT, but we're all different when it comes to that decision.

And yup - sometimes I don;t sleep worth a darn. What's a girl to do?? We'll all hang in there and hope our ovaries WAKE BACK UP!!!!!!! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Hi all,
I had them too, at the beginning. I guess I was lucky, the night sweats were gone by the 4th week. The sleeping improved by the 5th - 6th week. I did take lots of naps during my first weeks that may have contributed to the irregular sleeping pattern. Good luck and hang in there. It does get better.

Maria
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:00 PM

I also have the sweats..not just night though, and I also kept my ovaries. Talked with my doc and we decided that we will wait until my appt on the 28th to see if my ovaries have "woke up" and if not I have a couple more weeks to utilize to get the hormones figured out. And hopefully I wont have to use them too long before my ovaries kick in...maybe they just need to be reminded what they are there for
Oh and my sleep...ugh....some nights I sleep wonderfully (only if I completely wore my self out during the day) and then others I am awake til 5am or wake up at 3am...like clockwork.

:dragon:
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
I will join the club

Hi

I am 10 weeks post op, I have my ovaries and I have experienced night sweats since I came out of hospital, so I am joining the club

It can be very uncomfortable at night and also keeps me awake, perhaps you will feel a lot better knowing there are some others who have had the same.

Best wishes and speedy recovery.
Unread 01-20-2005, 05:40 PM

Hello all!

I am a member of this club too. I am 9 weeks and am having night sweats (not every night either) and don't sleep worth a darn. I was hopeful that things would get back to normal...whatever that is...when I went back to work. NOT!!

I was having the night sweats before surgery too. UGH! Maybe it's a menopause thing (although I'm 36). I have to say my sleep wasn't fabulous before surgery, but it has gone to **** in a handbasket since surgery! I've always needed my 8 hours of sleep or I was nasty. Now I am lucky to get 5 or 6 hours and I usually wake up 2 or 3 times on top of that. By Thursday and Friday, I am a complete blithering idiot who can't even concentrate. Oh, when will it end??

I do go to the DR tomorrow. I plan to ask what he thinks and see if there is anything I can do. Of course, I was supposed to go on Wednesday and he canceled for a C-section. What on earth was he thinking??? I just hope he doesn't cancel tomorrow. I need some relief.

Good luck to you all!
Unread 01-20-2005, 06:20 PM

I am approaching my 6 wk pt, still having the night sweats-not every night-but when I do, I am drenched and don't sleep well

kept my ovaries, so hummm guess they havn't kicked in yet
Unread 01-21-2005, 05:44 AM

I'm 5 months p/o and sometmes those night sweats are so bad I need to change my sheets before I can go back to sleep.
I have mentioned it to my dr and never really get any response. I will be interested to hear what others drs have said.
p s I had a TVH, kept both overies and one tube.
Unread 01-21-2005, 07:48 AM

I may not be of much help because I no longer have my ovaries but I had night sweats before I even left the hospital. Our local temps have been below zero at night and I was sleeping in my summer pj's and throwing the sheet on and off all night long. It was driving me crazy, I couldn't sleep and the hot flashes were not just at night but throughout the day. Last week when I went for my post-op my DR started me on HRT and I can honestly say I have stopped having a many hotflashes and I have slept through the night. I have always "run" a little on the hot side and was never a real good sleeper but I think I am doing better than before surgery. You may want to ask your DR for suggestions until your ovaries start working again. I did read somewhere on here about a sleep aid that was all natural but I don't remember what it was.
Good luck ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register