Still leaking? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still leaking? Still leaking?

Unread 01-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Still leaking?

How long will this leaking continue? I had an ab. hyst on 12-28. I was soooo looking forward to throwing out my pads. It is light brown watery discharge. Dr. does not seem to be concerned. I am just sick to death of it.

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Me Too

I was wondering the same thing. I had my "TAH/BSO" on the same date as yours, & am still getting a slight discharge.
Unread 01-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Still leaking?

Welll...(knocking on wood)

I think mine finally stopped! At exactly 4 weeks! I went in for an exam (internal) and that did not cause bleeding as I thought it might and I "think" my discharge may have finally stopped. I'm down to 4 mini-pads, so I certainly hope it has!

Good Luck,
Virginia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
I don't know...

I had a discharge (light reddish) for about 5 days after surgery and haven't had any since...it was very slight...maybe two pantyliners a day. Should there be more discharge after surgery? I have read where this seems to be normal...

As of yet, 13 days post-op, I don't have any unusual smells, itching, discharge...no stitches coming out...is this normal? What exactly encompasses normal?
Unread 01-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Still leaking?

Who knows what normal is, anyway? I will just be so glad when the dripping, stitches, and smell all go away. I am looking forward to pad free bliss.

K
Unread 01-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Still leaking?

Mine is finally light enough to do without the pads. I haven't thrown them out yet, just in case. I am thinking of having an old fashion bon fire somewhere to burn the dears. Only I'm in Ca. and they frown on that kind of thing with all the problems we have with fires. Anyway, feel btter than I have in a long time. I'm anxious too for the leaking to be completely over!!!!
Unread 01-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Still leaking?

Yeah, no fires! Use those puppies to wax your car, lol.

I am at 5 weeks, and still wear pads to catch the pink drainage. Am still having mild pain and discomfort on the vaginal cuff. Have been a couch potato for the last 2 weeks. Guess I should still take it easy for a while.
Unread 01-21-2005, 03:24 AM
leakage

hi ladies, i had my abdominal hyst on 19/12/04 it was emergency as was heamoraging so badly, so mine is slightly different, but i am still getting slight leakage, it is horrid as is so watery it feels like you have wet yourself when you walk. Am too looking frward to it ending as is driving me crazy.
Wishing you all stoppage

Sam xx
Unread 01-21-2005, 03:38 AM
leakage

I had surgery 12/27 & I have had no discharge at all, although I am not complaining it makes me wonder if I am healing as I should because it seems everone has this, so why wouldn't I?
Unread 01-21-2005, 03:45 AM
Still leaking?

Hi Smfor
you are one of the lucky ones, not everyone suffers the leakage, if you ant it you can have mine and let me remember a dry day, lol

Hope you enjoy your dry days and are healing well, take care
Sam xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register