Pre-op and new surgeon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op and new surgeon Pre-op and new surgeon

Unread 01-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Pre-op and new surgeon

Well, tomorrow I go in for my hospital pre- admit. appointment. I'm a little bummed out cause I got a call from my surgeon yesterday and she won't be doing my surgery. She's had a rough time off it lately. I was originally scheduled for Jan. 11th and she called to reschedule because her dad passed away. Well, she got back from that and her husband had a heart attack and is in the hospital himself right now. Anyway, she didn't want to postpone my surgery again so she talked to another doctor - the one that actually taught her everything she knows about vaginal hyst. She said I would be in good hands and that he's the top doctor in the clinic. So I'm still a go for next Tuesdya but I won't get to meet the new guy until the morning of the surgery. I'm a little anxious about that, but I'm ready to get this over with and don't want to postpone again. I know I'm rambling, but DH just doesn't seem to understand so I know I can always turn to all of you. Thanks for listening.

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Pre-op and new surgeon

I'm sorry that you have to have a dr that you haven't met do your surgery. It does sound like he'll be good but I can understand how you feel.

It's nice that your dr thought about you even with all that she's been dealing with herself.

Best wishes with your pre op tomorrow.

Unread 01-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Sorry for all the upset!

Dear Taobwor,

Wow! I'm sorry your doctor has had such a time of it lately!

I'm sorry for the upset for you in not having your doctor do the surgery. However, it does sound like you will be in good hands. I'm sure your doctor would much prefer to be with you, considering what she is dealing with.

Your "sisters" are all here for you...anytime! We wish you all the best.

I wish you calm "insides" and the best in recovery. Keep in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side.

Cinderellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Pre-op and new surgeon

I know it's not even close to the same, but when DH and I got married, the guy who was going to video the wedding cancelled at the last minute, and we had shopped for him for 3 months....

I was devastated. Then he replaced himself with the guy who trained him, and the video was 10 times better than I thought.

If you trusted your doc (and it sounds like you did) the person who trained your doc will be great!!!

Good luck
Unread 01-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Pre-op and new surgeon

I'm so sorry to hear about your doc... and her having to get someone else to do your surgery... and I can understand why you'd be anxious. Sounds like they're gonna' be a good surgeon, but still.... good luck with your surgery.
Unread 01-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Pre-op and new surgeon

Sue,

I know how you feel. After working with my doctor for almost two years trying to correct my problems and finally coming to the decision that I had to have the hysterectomy, she told me that she doen't perform them anymore. She sent me to a surgeon that she highly recommended. I was lucky enough to have a friend that is a nurse who checked him out for me. He is highly respected in his field and in fact he is the doctor that all the nurses in the hospital go to.

It is hard to put yourself in someone's care that you don't know but if you trust your doctor you can trust that she will send you to the best. And if he taught her everything she knows, then who better to do the surgery.

Mine worked out, 2 weeks post op and doing great.

Best Wishes
Unread 01-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Pre-op and new surgeon

Thank you to all of you ladies for the support. I really needed that today. After my Pre-admit appt. today I guess it really set in that this was going to finally happen. The appointment went well. They took a boat load of blood for tests, did an EKG, and had me sign a few more papers. Then they gave me instructions for the night before and day of surgery along with a list of things to expect in the hospital after surgery. I don't get to talk to the anesth. guy until the morning of surgery. The nurses were real nice and told me that the surgeon was a great guy and is the head of the OB/GYN clinic. So now I feel a little more relaxed about that - or as relaxed as I can be- lol. We are expecting a snow storm here tomorrow and Sunday - 4-8". I just hope everything will be clear by Tuesday. Here in Northern Virginia they aren't real good at snow removal and people panic when they get on the roads. I grew up in New England so I just get a good laugh at the whole thing. So at least I'll have some entertainment this weekend. Well, I'm rambling so I'll go for now. Thanks again for the posts - it ment alot to me
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Pre-op and new surgeon

I met with one gynecologist, then with a surgeon, and two DIFFERENT surgeons actually worked on me! Then, to top it off, by the time my six-week checkup rolled around, one of my surgeons was no longer doing hysterectomies (she was just delivering babies) so I had yet another doctor do my six-week checkup!

I hope you're able to get a comfort level. Can you at least have a phone consult with the surgeon before surgery day? That might give you some peace of mind.

Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register