First up on Friday 21 Jan, 2005 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First up on Friday 21 Jan, 2005 First up on Friday 21 Jan, 2005

Unread 01-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Smile - First up on Friday 21 Jan, 2005 First up on Friday 21 Jan, 2005

Good morning Ladies, and I bet that some of you haven't even been to bed yet,
Well, tomorrow is another day, and we'll see what that day brings! My boss (who's on the sick) rang me last night, and I told her of my tale of woe. She was very angry about it all.

Melissa ~ an ejigsaw is a jigsaw on the computer, no lost pieces I use it a lot, jigzone.com I think its called. Its fun and its free! and its less calories than comfort eating, lol.

Just about to have marmite on toast, having a cheese sandwich for lunch (found a really nice, and cheap, and low fat sandwich) dinner I'm afraid is a chinese takeaway, we get one every friday, and share it between 3 of us, so its not all bad. Its one way to check that MIL has a meal, and kids have a McDonalds. Its our family treat, as we're all apart during the week.
has descended on me, and I can't remember who wrote what! someone's DH gave them a cold, hope they're feeling better, someone else's DH had a puddy cos he had a bad day, hope he's feeling better, hope you're all feeling great, and having a good sleep, and catch you all later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2005, 04:28 AM
First up on Friday 21 Jan, 2005

Morning

Haven't been around as I try to get in my morning exercise... so it's either time on the computer or time on the elliptical. And, this week, it's been the elliptical that won out... except today.

Today is moving day at work... we get to move ourselves from where we currently are to about 20 feet away. They have been renovating our building (that's been a real joy), and this is just the 1st phase of moves. I'm sure to get enough exercise in today as I will have time to get myself "organized" and moved... if it's not too busy.

This week has been fairly good OP food wise... I probably should not have had the couple glasses of wine last night... but I just needed to relax. I was really hoping that the lottery that our work group has been playing would pay out more than just $7 to $10 I would just love to retire.

Well... I'm off to see what the day will bring. Don't have time to address everyone individually... but wishing you all the BEST! From the looks of this weekend's weather forcast... I'll have plenty of time to catch up on this week's posts.

Sue
Unread 01-21-2005, 05:33 AM

Sue we have the same forecast for our area. A good old fashion Nor'Easter is on the way.I think I will hit the grocery store on the way home today. I usually go Sunday mornings but it looks like we will be buried in snow then so I best do it today.
I am very proud of myself this week.I have increased my physical activity( seems the couch potato in me has finally left.lol),my water consumption has been great and I am really aware of what is going in my mouth and why. I am really working hard on NOT letting my emotions rule what I eat. So far so good.By George I think she's got it!!!!!!Hehe,.

Have a great day everyone! To my coastal north east sisters batten down the hatches I think we are in for some heavy snow and high winds,

See ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2005, 05:41 AM

Good morning BEST pals

Just got back from taking Brandy for a walk.....kinda creepy this morning, very foggy.

Whew, I think I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. After the tournament ended, company left, then the next day, new company arrived.........even though they were staying in Daytona, they were popping in a lot........but think they are gone now (although they tend to be impetuous and may pop in again........who knows....)

Had two of my tests at the hospital yesterday and doc's office called yesterday afternoon to tell me echocardiogram was fine......no problems. (That was quick! Gotta admit it scared me at first when she said she was calling from the doc's office already...........any other time they've called me that quick after a test, it's been bad news!!) Don't have results of thyroid ultrasound yet.

I made it to the gym Mon, Tues, & Wed, but not yesterday or today (dentist appt this morning, time for a cleaning). Will get there tomorrow for for sure. And next week should be back on my normal schedule.........HOORAY!! These last two weeks have been crazy!!

Have an appt at a consignment shop this evening to hopefully unload some of those too big clothes that have been hanging around my closet for too long (last time I had this appt, I ended up going only to have it rescheduled......hopefully it will go better this time).

Even with all the eating out at restaurants we've been doing, I'm managing to maintain.......haven't lost any lbs, but haven't gained any either.

Glad to see Desk back!! We missed ya!

's

Ann
Unread 01-21-2005, 06:07 AM

Good morning BEST friends.....

Fran you are too much! Do you ever sleep? Just kidding.....

Sue - have fun at work today...I hate moving.... packing, unpacking.. although I find I get rid of alot of junk, and have fun reminiscing about some stuff.... lol

Val - I hear ya about the weather, not too much snow my way, just the arctic winds... ouch!

Ann - great to see you, fabulous that you have managed to maintain, can't really ask for more than that...that's awesome...

Well, I must tell you, I have NEVER peeled coffee off my mitt before.. yep, you heard me right...it is so cold today, the coldest yet... -41... I spilled coffee on my mitt walking through the parking lot and it froze IMMEDIATELY... by the time I got to my desk, it was still frozen, so I peeled it off... freaky.....

As we all know, yesterday was my first official NON-OP day.. I hope to not have another for a while... it was kinda fun tho.. in a sick sort of way.

So, I'm going to be a good girl today, you all motivate me so much, I will be checking in probably every hour, just to be safe...

to all who follow.....

Oni
Unread 01-21-2005, 06:08 AM
Hey all

Another cold cold cold day here.

It is my Friday off. So I just got the little one off to her music lesson. Then the older one goes. I then have to pick her up and get her to school before the bell rings at 9. I am then heading to the gym for a few hours. Home and housework.

Last night I did not want to go to the gym but hubby kind of shamed me into it. So I went to the gym and had a great workout. I did 65 mins in total of cardio yesterday and lots of weights. I feel great. I was very pleased. Today I have a personal trainer session and we are doing upper body.

While chatting with you all the phone just rang. The buses are not running today because it is to cold. I told my girls dont worry I will drive you to school. There is no way they are staying home with me

Ann sounds like you are ready to get back to a normal routine. I hear ya on that. This week is the first time in months it even feels normal. It is a nice feeling. Glad you are getting to the gym. It always makes you and I feel better. I just wish I was at my goal weight or bodyfat. It sure takes longer than I thought it would no wonder people give up. It is hard work , takes time to see results and it hurts

val no snow here though I should check. I think it is to cold to snow. I love a good ole snow day

Sue happy moving. It is amazing how much work moving an office is .

Fran thanks for the start up. I am glad that your boss understood your situation.

Okay I am off

Katie
Unread 01-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Morning Oni

You snuck in while I was posting. on the coffee. IT is bloody cold today. I cannot believe that the buses are not running OMG. Though my chicks are going to school.

I hear ya on the eating thing. You know it is bad but it tastes so good. Ah life. I just bought this months Oprah magazine. Very interesting on how she lost her weight. Lean meats and veg and 2 pieces of fruit a day. That is it . Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds very lowcarbish to me.

My oldest dd and I are in the midst of a big fight. She is to cool to wear her snowpants and it is minus 41 with the windchill. So I told her no snowpants no dance. She is furious. I am not playing this game with her she is only 11. To bad for her she has a mom who follows through and feels not guilt for being mean and sticking to her guns. Ah the teenage years are going to be fun.

Okay I am off again.

Katie
Unread 01-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Yes, it's me again!

Hi, all - had an eye-opener this morning. I realized that there's only three months until I'm 50, and I had wanted to lose all this excess weight by then. Well, that's not gonna happen now! So, dh suggests I aim for losing 1 lb. per week, which would be a 12 lb. weight loss. Starting again this morning at 205 at under 5'3" - here we go again! Dh is really trying to lose weight this time. He has a lot of determination.

Katie - when it's that cold, stand strong, woman! My 11-year-old went outside for a while yesterday while my dh was shoveling. Even though she wasn't out there all that long and had on a pair of leggings under a pair of pants, it was still too snowy and wet and cold, and when she came in, she had what I've heard called "frostnip" - if she'd been out there longer, it would have turned into frostbite. She was fine once she warmed up, thank God! Your daughter will eventually be glad you mean what you say - I can say that because we have a 27yo and their perspective changes a lot once they're older.

OP so far today - water, Cheerios and half a banana. But I'm hungry again!!

Bye for now

sue55
Unread 01-21-2005, 06:37 AM
Thanks Sue

For the encouragement. I mean get a grip dd. I was so angry. I thought you have got to be kidding me. KIDS are something

I am glad to know she will appreciate me later. Hmmmmmmmmm I will keep you posted. I think it is going to be a very frosty drive to school not just weather wise.

Well I am off to start my van up. I get the newer one tomorrow OMG I am excited

Ta

Katie
Unread 01-21-2005, 07:47 AM

Good morning everyone! Today's title should have been Frigid Friday as that is what it is and tomorrow's should be Snowy Saturday as the east coast is in for a big one. UGH! I have been doing well OP wise and even water wise. I am so mad today because my scale isn't working.....maybe it needs a new battery, I don't know. Exercise today will be with a walking tape I found that I forgot I even had. Need it to do it to keep warm. Breakfast was some cottage cheese with fruit and a portein cereal bar, lunch will be a Lean Cuisisne meal and dinner will be a salad and maybe one slice of pizza. sSnacks will be fruit and nuts. Have a great day everyone and stay warm. Maybe we could all head down to Ann's for the weekend.

Emily

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register