New Pilates videos | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Pilates

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Pilates videos New Pilates videos

Unread 01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
New Pilates videos

Hi fellow pilates sisters !!

Have some news for ya --- I just spent the rest of my Christmas gift cards this past weekend... on guess what.... YA !! more Mari Winsor pilates dvd's !! ...lol... like the basic 20 minute and 45 minute excellerated weren't enough !

So here's the scoop: I have not been able to find the "bun and thigh" workout that Moonchime has spoken of, but I DID find "4" new dvd's that I did not know Mari had put out !! Here they are: 1. "Super Sculpting" - The 20 minute Burn; 2. "flexibility strengthening - "The Back Workout", 3. " Advanced Body Slimming", and 4. "AB - Sculpting" ----------- These are ALL 25 minutes in length or less !! So perfect for us with tight schedules !!!

Now, I viewed all of them last night !! (nothing on tv ...lol..) The "back" work- out looks great for those with a bad back !!!!! slow paced and lots of stretching !!(actually got this one for DH)..... the other 3 are Fast paced !! Much more than the basic 20 minute !! No time inbetween the moves !! Gotta pay attention !! I did 2 of the dvd's last night after viewing them all.... and I have to tell ya..... I skipped pilates this afternoon !! I was Sore ! Upper abs, just beneath the breasts --- the 20 minute workout never hit this area like these 3 new ones do !! Hummmm... musta been the "AB - Sculpting" series....

Anyhow...... I like all 4 new dvd's --- I got them at Target -- they came in a pack of two -- at 29$ a piece.... so the four cost 60$ --- if you could find them seperately, they might only be 15$ each.
If you don't have a Target Store, check out the website-- www.winsorpilates.com

I think what I am gonna do is rotate the workouts... with these 4 AND the basic 20 minute workout I NOW have 5 ( still have NO time to fit in the 45 excellerated minute workout into my day !).. So I will do one a day -- Monday through Friday -- taking the weekends off as I always have. I can tell ya one thing.. after trying 2 of the new dvd's out last night -- I feel a Definite Burn ! Think I got way used to the "basic" 20 minute workout -- not that it hasn't been working, but I just didn't feel a "burn" anymore after 10 months -- so I was thrilled with finding these new dvd's !!

Questions?? Let me know !
NOW LET'S GET OUT THERE AND BURN SOME CALORIES LADIES !!..lol...
If any of you get these new dvd's -- let me know HOW YOU LIKE THEM ! And Moonchime... where did you find the one for" buns and thigh's" ?? I haven't been able to locate that one yet...

Happy "pilating" ladies !!!

~Jubilee~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 11:53 AM
New Pilates videos

I am a total beginner to Pilates. I have the basic workout set, but haven't really been able to get into it yet. I am so totally out of shape that's the main reason. And my lower back gets aggravated pretty easily. I do like to watch the videos though!

Anyway, I saw the mention in the previous post about the back workout so I trotted over to the website to look. It's bundled with two other DVD's, which seem to be directed at people like me - needing something a little slower to get into it.
  Quote:
Winsor Pilates Endless Fitness on DVD – The Winsor Pilates Endless Fitness DVD set is specially designed for people just starting out. This series will help you slim down by slowly increasing activity level, while moving at your own pace.
The next thing will be finding time, but I'm looking forward to them arriving!
Unread 01-18-2005, 01:04 PM
New Pilates videos

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilee
Hi fellow pilates sisters !!

Have some news for ya --- I just spent the rest of my Christmas gift cards this past weekend... on guess what.... YA !! more Mari Winsor pilates dvd's !! ...lol... like the basic 20 minute and 45 minute excellerated weren't enough !

So here's the scoop: I have not been able to find the "bun and thigh" workout that Moonchime has spoken of, but I DID find "4" new dvd's that I did not know Mari had put out !! Here they are: 1. "Super Sculpting" - The 20 minute Burn; 2. "flexibility strengthening - "The Back Workout", 3. " Advanced Body Slimming", and 4. "AB - Sculpting" ----------- These are ALL 25 minutes in length or less !! So perfect for us with tight schedules !!!

Now, I viewed all of them last night !! (nothing on tv ...lol..) The "back" work- out looks great for those with a bad back !!!!! slow paced and lots of stretching !!(actually got this one for DH)..... the other 3 are Fast paced !! Much more than the basic 20 minute !! No time inbetween the moves !! Gotta pay attention !! I did 2 of the dvd's last night after viewing them all.... and I have to tell ya..... I skipped pilates this afternoon !! I was Sore ! Upper abs, just beneath the breasts --- the 20 minute workout never hit this area like these 3 new ones do !! Hummmm... musta been the "AB - Sculpting" series....

Anyhow...... I like all 4 new dvd's --- I got them at Target -- they came in a pack of two -- at 29$ a piece.... so the four cost 60$ --- if you could find them seperately, they might only be 15$ each.
If you don't have a Target Store, check out the website-- www.winsorpilates.com

I think what I am gonna do is rotate the workouts... with these 4 AND the basic 20 minute workout I NOW have 5 ( still have NO time to fit in the 45 excellerated minute workout into my day !).. So I will do one a day -- Monday through Friday -- taking the weekends off as I always have. I can tell ya one thing.. after trying 2 of the new dvd's out last night -- I feel a Definite Burn ! Think I got way used to the "basic" 20 minute workout -- not that it hasn't been working, but I just didn't feel a "burn" anymore after 10 months -- so I was thrilled with finding these new dvd's !!

Questions?? Let me know !
NOW LET'S GET OUT THERE AND BURN SOME CALORIES LADIES !!..lol...
If any of you get these new dvd's -- let me know HOW YOU LIKE THEM ! And Moonchime... where did you find the one for" buns and thigh's" ?? I haven't been able to locate that one yet...

Happy "pilating" ladies !!!

~Jubilee~
Hi everyone! Jubilee, a friend in Virginia sent me the set of Winsor Pilates DVD's for Christmas.

I have the basic 20 minute workout, the Accelerated workout, Power Sculpting using stretch bands, Advanced Body Slimming, Bun and Thigh Sculpting, Upper Body Sculpting, and the Ab Sculpting one. In all there are seven DVD's.

I just love the way Mari Winsor eases you through the workouts. She is no nonsense and totally easy to understand.

I also hear my hip joint popping during the workouts sometimes. It doesn't hurt though. It just makes me aware of keeping my body centered correctly.

The breathing seems to have helped my surgery induced asthma. I was given the wrong medication the day following my surgery and went into respiratory depression. If they hadn't noticed their mistake when they did I would have died. My lungs had already begun to collapse when they all began hovering over me in the hospital.

Since then, I have needed an inhaler. But, my lungs seem a bit better since I have begun doing pilates. I just love the exercises!

Have a great day fellow Pilates Sisters!~Moonchime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
New Pilates videos

Whoa! I just did the Advanced Body Slimming DVD for the first time. Now, THAT was a hard 20 minute workout.

I think I will stick with this one for the next few workouts to master all of the moves.~Moonchime
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:31 PM
New Pilates videos

Moonchime.... so gald to hear that Pilates helps you with your breathing !! This is good to know --- as I have a friend with asthma -- and will tell her the pilates might help !!

~Jubilee~
Unread 01-20-2005, 09:54 AM
New Pilates videos

OK, just found this "club" site. Great to see so many Pilates enthusiasts.

I take a class at the Y twice a week. She plays very soothing yoga/meditation music and I find I am soooo relaxed and able to focus pricely on the exercises and that 45 minutes just flies by. I actually ENJOY this workout.

Is that what the Winsor program also is like?

Our instructor is constantly reminding us (in a soothing tone - not nagging) on perfecting our posture/position to get the most out of the workout and I find that very helpful. What's really nice is that she walks around the room when we do something new or more challenging and helps reposition as needed.

So, I guess I might be too spoiled and too inexperienced for a home workout unless its highly guided, but classes are only given at the Y on Tuesday and Thursday and I'd like to do the exercises more than twice a week because I do feel so refreshed afterwards.

Any advice? Is there a particular DVD you would recommend?
Unread 01-20-2005, 10:51 AM
New Pilates videos

Hi Ladies

Want to welcome mlweeman and Michelle35 to our little pilates group ! mlweeman: I think you will find the "back" tape very helpful!! Also once you find the time to fit in 20 - 25 minutes a day ( all the dvd's I have are 25 min. or less with the exception of the excellerated 45 min. dvd), and do the tape at least 3 times a week -- you will begin to feel a definet difference not only in your back, but your whole body !

Michelle35: Mari Winsors' Pilates is a "guided" program. She is pretty much no-nonsense and I think you'll find if you've read back through some of this thread that all the ladies really like her! Since I don't know what level you are at or what you really want to focus on in pilates, I would suggest that you start with the "Basic 20 minute " dvd/tape -- this is the first one Mari put out and it goes through some -- well-- basic pilates moves and then a 20 minute workout. I have seen this tape at K-Mart, Target, and Kohl's sold in a "kit" type package which included the dvd, floor mat, a water bottle and her 'win-10'-meal plan for around 29$ If you are a more advanced pilates gal, then ya might want to go to the website: www.winsorpilates.com and read through the explanation of the tapes she sells on that site.. to find what suits your needs.

Everyone else: I fianlly got back to my workout yesterday -- had to take 2 days off after doing two of these new tapes in one night ---will not make that mistake again! Not unless I somehow end up with rock hard abs I stuck with the origional 20 min. workout last night and just the "roll-up" killed my abs on the way down! Moonchime: I bow to you ! That Advanced Body Slimming dvd is the one that "got" me !!! For others wanting more of a challenge, these new dvd's I listed earlier will definetly give you a faster paced workout with more burn!! But take it easy with these new tapes -- maybe 2 or 3 times a week in conjunction with the basic 20 minutes on the other days !
What is nice is that they are different from the basic 20 minute workout -- so it gives ya some variety!

How's everyone doing?
~~Jubilee~~
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:31 AM
New Pilates videos

Jubilee, That Advanced Slimming workout sidelined me for two days now. I most definitely over did it. I will probably need to take it easy and take today off also.

The basic 20 minute DVD gives you a great workout everyone. So, start with that one, most definitely.

I surely won't be doing the advanced slimming one for a while, that's for sure.

Have a great day Pilates Sisters!~Moonchime
Unread 01-20-2005, 10:14 PM
New Pilates videos

The Pilates tape I've been using is from Dyna-Flex. It came in a package from Burlington w/tape, mat and stretch band...thin, thick and thickest. I use the thinnest one since I'm a beginner. I started out 3 weeks ago doing it 2 times a week. This week I'm doing 4 times until I get up to doing it 5 times a week. I do feel better especially my back and knees. I just need to incorporate walking or some other cardio workout to lose all of this weight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register