October Sisters Check Up??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

October Sisters Check Up??? October Sisters Check Up???

Unread 01-23-2005, 07:46 PM
October Sisters Check Up???

Hi everyone!

Doing pretty well - still have some aches and pains that I won't tell anyone but you sisters about. Everyone but my DH expects that I'm 100% now. It's slowly improving, but I thought it would be totally gone by now!

Hit a wall this weekend energy wise, after having TONS of energy the last few weeks. Guess that means it's time to pull back a bit. Guess a few of us have had this problem!? I mean it's back to almost the 4 week lack of energy level!

It's nice to hear how you all are doing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2005, 10:11 PM

Hi all October Sisters,

I have been back to work since the 1st of January, it has been rough to say the least! My coworkers have no idea how tired I am. I am sore, swollen and still trying to get my hormones somewhat under control. I am now on an estriol patch and taking estratest pill! I just keep saying it has to get better!

I am dealing with harrassment at work from a few coworkers..because I was out for 8 weeks, I am trying to understand where to turn for help. Hopefully this week I will get some help with my problems from higher ups.

Despite all the setbacks I have experienced (along with work) this was the best decision I could have made......getting better everyday.

Lory
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:36 AM

Hello Sisters,

I have been back to work since November 27th. And I have one word to say......TIRED !!!!

I know that work is taxing for me, I am on all day, walking from office to office and sometimes other buildings on campus. (I work at a college). I am increasing my walking by using a pedometer and trying to regain some energy. But by Thursday, I am bushed. I usually end up taking a nap to just get through Friday.

Then on weekends I try to sleep a bit more, since I am having major sleep issues. I cannot take HRT, and have the lovely night sweats and hot flashes everyone is talking about. Seems 3 am is a special time for me.

I vacuumed for the first time last weekend, and paid for it with Swelly belly and discomfort. So, I am letting the family do it now. I am not looking at the 3 month mark as getting back to normal....I am shooting for the 6 month now. I am sure working is the most difficult part, because I cannot nap anymore or rest.

Good to see I am not alone. Sorry, for all of those who are still struggling like me. And nice to see we have a few who are doing fantastic at month 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 04:23 AM
reply to oct babes!

Hi, hope you are feelin a little better now, especially after reading that other october babes are still now out of the wood either!! I am about 14 weeks now , and still not right really. I have problems with scar tissue and also the white blood cell count is elevated, they are investigating. I also have the swelly belly thing back, like it was befor the op!!! So much for my thoughts of having a flat belly! lol. If you are spotting I would speak to the dr. It can't hurt to have a proper opinion. I don't have my ovaries, but Have they told you to expect this? Worth asking I think. Lots of the replies to your question, seem relevant to my experience, so we are not superwomen, so what. It is early days yet. I don't think anyone can understand what we are experienceing, especially family. Maybe it makes them feel insecure when we are not well? Hope that you feel better about them soon, and that they are helping you, perhaps show them some articles about revovery from major ops? take care of youself, and sit down and watch a nice film on the telly, with a hot chocolate!!! Best wishes, Barbara aka celtic lady xxx
Unread 01-24-2005, 07:17 AM

Hi Ladies,
I am so happy for you, doing OK.
Since my op. Oct/6 is feeling OK, but depression and lack of energy is a main problem. In Nov/2 I have to have my sholuder surgery. I still have so much pain all over , but I can even complain, noboby whould understand me. I last my job as well / clinic was sold /, and so cold in here in Canada. Hormones are very bad, using Estadiol, and Progesteron cream, but I still have hot flasshes, and joint pain.
I am so glad for this website, and for you Ladies, because no Dr. l, no other people lissens.
Thanks!!!!!!!
Unread 01-24-2005, 08:02 AM

Hi Fellow October Sisters!

I'm so sorry to hear some of you are not where you expected to be at this stage of recovery. I know it can be very frustrating - especially when it feels like you take one step forward and two back! My first eight weeks of recovery were not what I expected at all - I developed a fairly large abdominal hematoma and then I popped an internal stitch. I was basically bedridden for the first four weeks after my surgery. Slowly, but surely, I started to venture out and seemed to be doing pretty well until about the 8th week - I started to develop some pretty bad soreness in the pelvic area. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Darvocet - which I took for a day and decided I'd rather deal with the pain instead of how strange the Darvocet made me feel. I started back to work on 1/5 and noticed after a week or so that soreness went away - guess I needed the distraction work gave me so I wouldn't focus on the pain.

I'm back to running 4 miles at a time and cycling. I thought it would be an eternity before I could do that again, but I guess all the resting and pampering paid off.

I wish you all a speedy recovery - we're all different and heal at different rates. If you suspect something is not 'normal', please don't hesitate to call your doctor.

Take care!
Unread 01-24-2005, 08:27 PM

I was doing fairly well...just dealing with swelly belly and gaining weight...but feeling pretty good. Then the holidays arrived, and I felt like I had been run over by a Mack truck! On the 26th of December, I crawled in bed at 8pm, and stayed there, mostly asleep until 8am! I was so exhausted! I took it rather easy for the next two weeks, and now I am starting to feel more 'back to normal', whatever that is!

I still have some swelly belly and tenderness between the belly button and incision. My incision has twinges of pain now and then...I chalk that up to nerves re-connecting. I still get kind of tired, but I try to get plenty of rest. I find walking helps the most...if I walk, I feel better. The day after I accidently walked 2.5 miles (long story...) I felt wonderful! Today, I went back to Curves for the second time. I tried back before Christmas and just couldn't do it. I plan to go every day to build up strength and get my sluggish metabolism going. I have gained 15 pounds, and its driving me crazy. I have too much lose to gain any back! I have a terrible time losing, so its discouraging.

I can tell my ovaries are working..I get PMS every four weeks! That is a blessing, I guess!

Its good to see how everyone is doing. I hope those of you sisters who are still dealing with fatigue and swelly belly see a great improvement soon!

Unread 01-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Hello Oct. Sisters!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I am new here also. I had my surgery Oct 29th,2004 an I am still having troubles with depression an also being extremly tired at times. I am so glad to hear that most of the husbands are so confident an willing to help an try to be understanding. Cause,my husband is not like that at all. I also have 3 teen children. an at 3 mths. after my surgery they think i'm supposed to be well an fit.(NOT) My mind is so messed up an depression is awful i dont even know how to try to describe it! And I have mood swings from h***!!! Sorry!!!!!! Does anyone else feel like this at 10 weeks post-op? I am on medication for depression does anyone think i may need to consult my doctor again??I had a TVH. I still have both ovaries an my tubes which was tied 10 yrs. before my surgery!I also had a propralaytic bladder which they tryed to fix with a bladder sling. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS???OR DO I NEED TO GO HIDE SOMEWHERE??????PLEASE HELP!!!!
Unread 01-25-2005, 01:56 PM

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I had my surgery (TAH / BSO) on October 19th. I feel fantastic. Ok so I am taking HRT. LOL I have energy to burn and feel like I did 10 yrs ago. Right after surgery I lost 8 lbs and it stayed away. I have no problems with a swelly belly or incision tenderness. I shovel snow, vacuum, clean the house and can shop till I drop. Sex has never been this good or as often! The first few days after surgery I wondered if I would ever feel good again. I did completely rest for the first 7 weeks though. I think it paid off. I hope the rest of you feel 100% soon.
Unread 01-25-2005, 08:15 PM
october sister to

just thought i would reply to the post since I had my hyster in october I was feeling pretty good up till january 19 and then i started having problems with my back again .( on the job injury in septof 03) So I'm off work again till jan 31 and don't know if I will be able to go back then if the medicine don't work dr said she might have to send me back to the neurosurgen . but other then that my hyster hasn't bothered me any I'm just so glad i had the hyster because i don't have to worry about my period and my back. I know when I got injured it made my life miserable when i had to deal with the back and my period . but i just keep praying and i know god is there when no one else is because he said he would never forsake us when everyone else will . so sisters just keep him close by you and you will make it. i will keep praying for everyone on this site and you do the same for me . this site has helped me so much and i know god help me find it after my hyster because i didn't have anyone to turn to with questions but you sisters. THANK YOU SISTERS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register