been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas? been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas?

Unread 01-22-2005, 07:09 PM
been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas?

Thanks for replying to my post Maralyn. I have been single for a long time now. (About ten years and counting...LOL). Therefore, thankfully, it is not being passed on to anyone else.) I also am a pretty firm believer in the idea that the large amount of anti-biotics that they used during my surgery is probably a cause of some of my prob's too! I love your idea of the food journal! I have often thought about doing this but have yet to do it. Thanks to you I will be starting one tomorrow! It has also been suggested that I try a complete natural body cleanse with natural vitamins. The kits are often expensive but I did manage to finally buy myself one and may end up trying it. I am going to try the food journal fist to see if I can pin point some of the triggers of this awful thing! I have found that there are definately certain foods that bring on some of the symptoms such as caffiene (sp.?), breads with yeast in them, white flour and starches! Until I get to the root of it I am finding that I am doing a lot of guess'work as to which foods are a hinderance and which are not! There are also many of days that I feel like i can't eat much without having my mouth start up on me. I am 100% certain that this is a result of my surgery and am not going ot give up until I have tried everything that i can think of...even then I won't give up! Thanks again Maralyn!
I will get back to the sisters on my progress all the same k...
Sandee
(((((((HUGS)))))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Hi Sandee

Have you given any thought to Candida? With all the antibiotics you've been on, the good bacteria in your body have taken a big hit along with the bad guys. This can cause an imbalance in your body and can manifest itself in all sorts of conditions. Have you tried yoghurt with lactobacillus and bifidus cultures in it, or even taken it in capsule form. Most health stores carry probiotic capsules. It's worth thinking about.

Good luck!

Unread 01-23-2005, 02:52 AM

This is strange I have read the comments made by everybody and realise just maybe this is why I have suffered with thrush vaginally for fifteen years.
I had endo removed from my bladder and ureathers, Maybe it was on my bowl too. Thats a question for the Dr next post op app I have.

Thanks sisters

TAH RSO>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Hello

I am so sorry to hear about all ur problems. Yours seem to make mind seem to me as if i may be whiny but, anyways. Have you gotten a second opinion on this perhaps from another doctor besides ur dentist?? or the current doctor ur seeing for it. Just for curiousitys sake u may want to get another opinion. Couldn't hurt anything right!
Unread 01-25-2005, 03:21 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the problems you are having. After my surgery in Dec of 2004 - complete removal of all female organs - I also have had a white coating on my tongue and candida keeps showing up. I have been taking probiotic lactobacilus. THey say to remove sugar from your diet. Another horrible problem I am having is low back pain in the sacrum and something affecting the bowels. There is a burning and rubbing raw feeling that never goes away. I really feel at times I am going to go out of my mind. I wish I could stop every girl from having a hysterectomy and show her an alternative SAFE route to go. I have not been the same since my surgery. In fact, I found out afterwards that my problem could have been taken care of without surgery. The doctor even took my completely normal right ovary!!! I am 49 years old and pray every day for God to heal all the damage the doctors have done.

Praying also that you will find help for your problems.
Unread 01-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Suffering 5 yrs... any ideas

Hi Piano lady,
I know exactly how you feel!! My TAH was not necessary. My sister died of ovarian cancer but no one else in my family had it. They took everything out as a precaution and then I found out from another Dr that I could have had a vaginal ultrasound every 6 months and kept my uterus, cervix and ovaries. I have never been the same. I now have severe exhaution and had to quit work, depression, fibro, chronic fatigue, anxiety and on and on. The Dr's are great at removing it all but I haven't found one who can help me now that all the parts are missing.
Unread 01-26-2005, 03:09 AM
suffering 5 plus years

Hi wotchadoing,
I'm so sorry you're having these problems. It sounds like maybe you need to see another Dr and they need to do a better work-up regarding your thrush. This is something they should be able to cure for you. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Unread 01-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks bunches ladies...Hugs to all (((sisters)))

I am sorry it has taken me a few days to get back here as I have a full (full full full...LOL -u get the idea) time job that often takes me from first thing in the morning until the middle of the night and could not get back until now...(I work as a hot shot courier!).
I have to say that I am very oevrwhelmed at the responses to my issue here! I can't thank you all enough for all of the support and advice that I have received so far. Thanks you bunches n bunches! I just want to say that I was very relieved to come back here and find that I am not the "only one" having these issues! I seriously feel like I am going to go insane with all of this!
PianoladyJ >>>for you: Yours was interesting to me (and helpful) in regards to the candida coming back. I am also experiencing this type of problem! Just when I think it has gone away - it comes back full force! My problem is that I am addicted to sugar and I am having one heck of a hard time trying to get off of the sugar. Albeit, I have managed to cut a lot out of my diet! Do you know if this thrush/candida is a problem that will eventually go away though? I am told that it does but I am really beginning to have my doubts about it...grr! I would lvoe for yo to keep me updated on how you are doing because it appears as though we are having a very similair type of problem going on. I was also baffled about the lower back prob's that you are experiencing! I also experience them! Another grr...My docotr told me that it is very common for women that have had this surgery to end up with irritable bowel syndrome. Atleast I am sure that I beleive that part. Oh man...there are days when I can't even move because my tummy still hurts sooooooo bad from not being able to go to the washroom! I will keep you updated to ok.
One little wuick note to end off here...Just for my sisters info: I also beleive that they dropped me after I had my surgery because when I woke up in my hosp. room (right after surgery) both of my elbows and both of my kneews were scraped beyond recogniton. I asked and they said they didn't do it...of course! Grrrrrr...
That's all for now and thanks again sisters...
best wishes n hugs 2 all (((((((sisters)))))))
Sandee
Unread 01-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Re: suffering 5 plus years

Quote:
Originally posted by LindaLeeK
Hi wotchadoing,
I'm so sorry you're having these problems. It sounds like maybe you need to see another Dr and they need to do a better work-up regarding your thrush. This is something they should be able to cure for you. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Hi Linda! Thank you for the reply and encouragent. I am most certainly working on this with my dentist. She seems to think that it is directly related to my surgery in some way and I am sure she is right! I was pretty healthy before I went in for my surgery and have been feeling like I have been riding a rollercoaster to nowhere ever since my surgery! I am regretting it beyond my wildest dreams. I also have child with severe behavioral disabilites Conduct Disorder/ADHD/ and possible Asberger's Syndrome (sp?). I was very active with him until I had my surgery and now I feel useless as a mother for him! I have no other family so he has always been my little ROCK! We use to play soccer, take 20 mile mountain bike rides, etc. I can't do this anymore because I am always dealing with one side effect or another that is in some way related to this surgery. It makes it hard when I sit down and think of why I did have the surgery as I had always thought that surgery was supposed to improve our lives not hinder them! What stinks even more are the days that I have to go to work and am so bent over in pain that I can barely walk...grr! I have to earn a living though. I will let you know how things are going here though ok...Thanks so much for you thoughtfulness Linda!
(((((((hugs n bunches of other goodies)))))))
Sandee
Unread 01-28-2005, 05:42 PM

About the candida, it can go away but not on its own. My mother had a huge problem with it. It was so bad that she was in constant pain and could hardly swallow, and breathing hurt. Conventional doctors often do not take it seriously. She spent years trying to get help, until she was finally bed ridden. Anyway, I will find out all she took for it. I know she gave up all wheat and gluten products, yeast, white rice, sugar-none in anything(including fruit), it is the enemy. She ate NOTHING refined. It was hard but it can be done. Also no caffene. You have to be completely commited to get rid of it.
She looks great now, and had been candida free for 3 years! She now eats the bad stuff in moderation. But is unwilling to eat like she did because she knows what candida can do.
I hope you get to feeling better!
Carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register