been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas? been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas?

Unread 04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
been suffering for 5 yrs plus...any ideas?

wotchadoin,

I know it has been several months since these posts, but I just found this thread and was wondering how you are doing with the thrush and all? 2 years ago, I was finally diagnosed with intestinal candida after battling with it for 2 years. If you are still interested, please PM me and I will give you all the information the Dr had me on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2005, 07:43 PM

Yes, please send all info the Dr gave you. How on earth did they find intestinal candida?

Thanks
Unread 04-28-2005, 04:23 PM

It was a long process for me. For approx 2 years I suffered with fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, and just a sense of a non-focus world. It really is hard to explain, but anyway, I went to my GP who performed many tests and then sent me to a Gastro DR who also performed multiple test. All came back negative. No one could figure out what it was. They diagnosed me with anxiety disorder, IBS and everything else they could think of. They kept telling me my symptoms were strange because no disease had all the symptoms I had. Mind you, I even asked my GP about Candidia (did my own research), and he dismissed me. Finally on the 2 year mark, I drove up to my Parents home and visited with my Dad's internest. Without me saying a word about my own reserach, he listened to my symptoms and immediately knew it was candidia. He tested my gall bladder to rule that out....fine. He also performed a 5 hour glucose test, which came back as a high glucose intolerance (will get to this later). He also referred me another DR that he works with who has done extensive studies on CFS, Fibro, and Yeast related diseases. He did a swab test and that showed me to have a high yeast infection just in my mouth, and he knew with that much yeast and my digestive problems I probably had it in my intestines. So...what was done for it??? They put me on a month regiments of 1500mg of good bacteria (because I had none left in my body), 5 days of difulcan and 2 weeks of nystatin. I was also forbidden to eat any white carbs or any refined sugar. I could eat fruit. He pretty much put me on the Sugar-Busters diet as they diet also cuts out alot of foods that raises the glucose level and since I also had incorporated sugar problems, this would help in that area too. I have to add, that both DR strongly urged me to get back to my OBGYN to see about my Endo once again as they both agree that the endo is somehow connected with yeast problems. 2 years later, I finally feel much much better after my hyst. When my Dr (new gyn) performed my hyster, he noticed alot of endo on my colon, which he removed. He told me that I should have a better handle on my IBS problems, and he was right. I have been eating more things than what I used to.

I hope this information was helpful. I know it was long, but please PM me if you need any additional help or information. I will do all I can, as I know this is a big problem that alot of DR do not recognize as a disease and those of us who deal with it...disagree with all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 03:48 AM

Hi, you might try Vitamin Cottage or another natural cures source
and seek out a proven yeast fighting product. Caprylic acid is
the ingredient said to help kill yeast.
Also, listened to Dr. Bob Marshall on the radio who said simply taking
hcl (hydrochloric acid) would aid in stopping the problem of
pain, gas, bloating. I've been taking hcl for two days now, and
so far none of the usual plagues of pain in the intestines.
I wish I'd never had the hyst either, tho taking bio-identical
hormones is a great boone in dealing with the aftermath.
Hope this helps
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:19 AM

sorry to hear you having pain still,Iknow that years ago I had thrush after years of antibiotics & being on pill my immune system was'nt so good.went to see a kinesiologist who told me I was suffering from candida which is an overload of yeast as antibiotics had killed off both good & bad bacteria.a drastic change of diet & no antibiotics helped soooooo much.there are good books that explain it much better than I have.Good luck!

Jacqui

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register